In praise of "Heart of Darkness"

Lar

Very nice! Thanks!

Not a problem, Lar. I just wish I could have made it bigger. I still have much to learn. I feel like young Skywalker.....:D:D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crocketsgrl

• Lar

• MV86

• JonnyDaytona

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is actually a very realistic episode. The bug would technically not put out audio, like in the episode, but I was wearing a bug that began interfering with my suspect’s cable TV. I figured out that if I kept my body between the TV and the bug it wouldn’t happen. So I went to the bathroom, announced to my cover team that I was going “off the air” and shut the bug off. You usually had a recorder as a backup. (You wore a lot of STUFF!)

This is actually a very realistic episode. The bug would technically not put out audio' date=' like in the episode, but I was wearing a bug that began interfering with my suspect’s cable TV. I figured out that if I kept my body between the TV and the bug it wouldn’t happen. So I went to the bathroom, announced to my cover team that I was going “off the air†and shut the bug off. You usually had a recorder as a backup. (You wore a lot of STUFF!)[/quote']Yeah, that's one aspect that sort of bothered me, the bug playing radio. Of course, I had no idea whether that would be possible or not, but I kind of figured it wouldn't be.

Yeah' date=' that's one aspect that sort of bothered me, the bug playing radio. Of course, I had no idea whether that would be possible or not, but I kind of figured it wouldn't be.[/quote']Maybe just the joys of early 80's electronics....:rauchen:

• 1 month later...

Wonderful episode of VICE !It´s very thrilling and there is also good music ("Going Under" !!!:radio:) nevertheless it´s the first regular episode of VICE !!Ed O´Neill plays very well, a mysterious character and he´s very burnt out (like Sonny in Season 5 ???).Of course, one of the best scenes are the driving with the Daytona coupled with Devo "Going Under" !!!:happy::happy:This episode has a dramatically end - all Gangsters are dead + Rollins/Lawson is also dead !

Ah Shill, you are incorrigible----but we like it! I miss your other ones but we are now in keeping with good taste.

One of the most thrilling moments ist when the radio started to play, Rico and Sonny knew they were busted, but they didn´t knew whether Artie was on their side or not. I liked Ed O Neills pokerface when he sat opposide with the gun in his hand and looked like a cat which is sitting infront of a mouse.Christine

Coincidence or something else?Great as episode as many has stated before. In the scene where C&T are at the pier and the two FBI guys show up, Rico spots them and goes something like: Dam Da Dam Dam. To me that sounds like piece from the TV-series Dragnet theme music.Here is the older Dragnet: www.youtube.com/watchv=jx34IsaUrmc&feature=relatedAnd the newer version starring Ed O'Neill:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxj8MlW5F0&feature=relatedDoes anyone else hear this or is my hearing starting to go?Weird, or not, little coincidence.

Yes, I believe it was a "Dragnet" reference, referring to the straighlaced nature of the feds (not unlike Joe Friday and Ben Romero/Ed Jacobs/Ben Smith/Bill Gannon. Friday had a a lot of partners!).

Wasn't that Definitely Miami?

now what episode was that one? I remember it though...lol.....Shill we need a picture.....oh I have one' date=' ok this is a test to see if the pic come through all.[/quote']Wasn't that Definitely Miami? Sonny's disappointed Callie turned out the way she did and is talking to Rico while being taped up to go on his meet with Charliebtw, I agree with Heart of Darkness being a great episode. I too, like the way Sonny is feeling everything on a personal level about living the undercover life.

• 8 months later...

This may seem weird me reviving an old thread like this but, and this might seem a bit off topic, but I don't want to start a whole new thread and keep clogging the forum up and making it harder for people to get around (like the doofus writing this right now) but I have to satisfy my curiousity on this. In the opening of the episode, did anybody notice that Penny's nose was real red and she was real pale, did they provide make-up or did she really take cocaine? Will appreciate any reply on this. That is all, sorry for reviving this from the grave. (ps.: the episode is great, this is definitely a quientissential vice episode!) (also, by doofus, I mean me for clogging up the site with useless crap in the past.)