In praise of "Heart of Darkness"

Lar

There you go girl. I couldn't figure out how to do this. but it's easier then I thought once I figured it out and it resized the picture. So there's the wire pic for you and now I know how to do it......oh amazing the computer unfriendly figures it out!:clap:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crocketsgrl

• Lar

• MV86

• JonnyDaytona

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont' have that one, only this one..lol...good enough and it was good to figure it out....hey we have the same amount of posts....wanna blow this pop stand to another topic? I love this episode but I think until someone else adds to it that's it.

Heart of Darkness is no joke. Serious Vice. Le Contraire= anything Noogy.My little samples of Pure Vice;http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OzeObjHSIhttp://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=c6cOUGRUQgo

Oh I know, I wasn't claiming HOD was a light episode. Just that Elvis provided a few lighter moments. Like I said, otherwise it's deadly serious.As for Noogy, the less said the better!

Wow! This episode definitely does not get enough recognition. Well, scratch that. It went from being left off the 50 best episodes list in the other site to getting 3 pages.It did establish the general pace of MV: great sunny locale, great camera work, and a serious tone to undercut the excessive sunniness. Artie Rollins kills himself at the end when we expected him to show up at the bar for a few parting words with the detectives and maybe share a beer or two. We get the first hints and instances of being "in too deep", which is a theme later played on in the Burnett Trilogy. We also get the dangers of wearing a wire and what can go wrong.But my favorite part was the establishing of the two detective's roles and loyalties. In the episode, they showed that were partners to the end. When Lou Rodriguez questions Sonny's hunches, Rico showed that he had Sonny's back in truly sincere decisions. It was just a great way to show that this partnership was rock solid.

Wow! This episode definitely does not get enough recognition. Well' date=' scratch that. It went from being left off the 50 best episodes list in the other site to getting 3 pages.It did establish the general pace of MV: great sunny locale, great camera work, and a serious tone to undercut the excessive sunniness. Artie Rollins kills himself at the end when we expected him to show up at the bar for a few parting words with the detectives and maybe share a beer or two. We get the first hints and instances of being "in too deep", which is a theme later played on in the Burnett Trilogy. We also get the dangers of wearing a wire and what can go wrong.But my favorite part was the establishing of the two detective's roles and loyalties. In the episode, they showed that were partners to the end. When Lou Rodriguez questions Sonny's hunches, Rico showed that he had Sonny's back in truly sincere decisions. It was just a great way to show that this partnership was rock solid.[/quote']You just summed it up perfectly for me! Few series' this early in a show's run have it "down" as well as HOD does!

If only applegate could have joined Bundy in thatEingefügtes Bild

Didn't I read somewhere, many years ago, that Christina Applegate committed the ultimate crime against nature (and mankind) and got a "surgical deflation"?

Dchan, I too see how the partners are there for each other. Tubbs doesn't nessarily agree with Crockett but backs him up and Crockett thanks him. Tubbs also shows he cares by saying that Sonny can see himself in Artie Rollin's and slowly Crockett admits it. And I can also see how you say it ties into the later Brunett trilogy which they hadn't even thought of. Not all episodes held to later ones but this does in just what you said. Now Lar, to Elvis, whom I love.......love the little Elvis emoticons on here as well. I have to say to lighten up the mood Crockett yelling and then taking out his gun to shoot poor Elvis made me laugh. Tubbs laughing and saying Look at Your self and then Sonny does and starts laughing with Tubbs. They had to put something in to cut up the seriousness too. I happen to love when they use Elvis and later on Izzy and other's.

Nothing wrong with having a little reduction

You're too easy -- I knew that one would get you riled up!Honestly, I'm just having a little fun -- though I'm not a big fan of ANY kind of augmentation -- up OR down. I fully realize it's no one's business but the individual making the decision -- but I still have an opinion! (You know what they say about opinions.)

Guest neworder

The lack of music, espeically from Jan Hammer really bugs me when watching this. I have a few other concerns too but ill leave them for when i review it when we start over again. I didnt do S1/S2 properly so should be fun!

Now Lar' date=' to Elvis, whom I love.......love the little Elvis emoticons on here as well. I have to say to lighten up the mood Crockett yelling and then taking out his gun to shoot poor Elvis made me laugh. Tubbs laughing and saying Look at Your self and then Sonny does and starts laughing with Tubbs. They had to put something in to cut up the seriousness too. I happen to love when they use Elvis and later on Izzy and other's.[/quote']I love that scene. I actually took the time to put it on my PC. Sonny threatening to throw Elvis' favorite blanket overboard is a riot!

A trivial question, but is this the only episode where we got A-Team/Hunter style end credits? I.e., a short clip from the episode, then freeze-framing and credits flash, before going to another scene and repeating? Personally, I could never stand this practice, it makes the end credits take FOREVER! It's not so bad here, but it was annoying as h*ll on The A-Team.This is the only episode I can think of that did this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after this they switched to the familiar Miami settings montages while the credits rolled.

A trivial question' date=' but is this the only episode where we got A-Team/Hunter style end credits? I.e., a short clip from the episode, then freeze-framing and credits flash, before going to another scene and repeating? Personally, I could never stand this practice, it makes the end credits take FOREVER! It's not so bad here, but it was annoying as h*ll on The A-Team.This is the only episode I can think of that did this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after this they switched to the familiar Miami settings montages while the credits rolled.[/quote']I'm pretty sure your correct

Lar, I love that too, this is Elvis' most favorite thing, the blanket....oh that is too funny. Hey and we have to show all the sides of this fantastic episode. You know I never noticed the credits done like that. Man I do get to engrossed and don't pay attention to those things.......I'll try and remember then next time I watch it. I used to watch the A-Team but haven't in a long time but I know what you are talking about with that. And I don't like it either.

I about lost it when I saw they actually Included Elvis' blanket along with the Elvis toy (included in the Mezco Sonny figure package, obviously). The overall quality of the figures is disputable, but there's no doubt they paid attention to some details that only we fans would care about and appreciate.

They included Elvis' blanket in the toys? Oh that is funny, I love it, the blue or pink one? I think he had two...lol

Ok Lar, I think I found one with Elvis' blanket. Sonny filing Elivis' nails and the blanket is under him. I couldn't get it bigger and I know there is a way to do that on here. It's not this small in my pics.....oh well you get the picture.... LOL

post-7-1389296285565_thumb.jpg