Show off your Wal-Mart pride!!!

cageyJG

Hellooooo 2012!Dug these up per special request...[ATTACH=CONFIG]6114[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6115[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6116[/ATTACH]:)

Thanks cagey. ;)Shopping never looked so FUN in a department store! :D:DLove mini Elvis. :happy:The closest version here in Oz is 'K-Mart'.......but certainly no contender for 'Wal-Mart'! :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cageyJG

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Frey

• timm525

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's one of my big regrets about when I went to AUS: I never got to go to any supermarkets!
I'm sure you would love our chain of shopping malls' date=' known as 'Westfield'. The one where I live is [b']HUGE - it has five levels, with a fitness centre on level 6! :dance:There is vast array of outlets - some include two food courts, several cafes, four department stores and a cinema! :D

HUGE - it has five levels, with a fitness centre on level 6! :dance:There is vast array of outlets - some include two food courts, several cafes, four department stores and a cinema! :D

Westfield does shopping malls in the U.S. too. I've been to many, many Westfield malls in California. They do a great job!

Westfield does shopping malls in the U.S. too. I've been to many' date=' many Westfield malls in California. They do a great job![/quote']I did not know this, Cooper! :oNo doubt, this is where my beloved Westfield originates, LOL! :p:)

Here is a couple of pictures from one Wal-Mart in Miami. She bought several cakes only minutes after I took the pictures. I am not sure what here face looked like, but it wasn`t pretty. And the hair didn`t look like it had been washed for quite some time. I wished we had something similar in Norway where it is possible to go and feel good about yourself if you have a bad day.Sorry for the low quality.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6126[/ATTACH]

post-586-13892964543896_thumb.jpg

post-586-13892964544808_thumb.jpg

I did not know this' date=' Cooper! :oNo doubt, this is where my beloved Westfield originates, LOL! :p:)[/quote']Actually, I do think they are from Australia. They run the best malls here.

6125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6126[/ATTACH]

WALLMART is a breeding ground for the strange, and ugly.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MetroVice

Un-friggen-believableIt's really a damn shame there are people who go out in public looking the way these folks do. Even worse, it's pathetic how some of these people have let themselves go like this. Even though every country has their share of those who fit this category, it's a shame they seem to take up residence here.I'm fully aware some of these folks may indeed have a medical issue that causes them to look the way they do but many are just glutinous, lazy pigs who don't give a damn about themselves anymore and value processed foods and laziness over anything else. These are the people that make me so angry because other countries seem to perceive us American's based upon the people shown in these pictures. As a citizen who is native to his country (meaning I didn't leave my home country and come to the USA), I think the USA has been forced to integrate so many people and so many cultures that even we don't know who were are anymore.Ever notice you don't see pictures like this from other countries? Although these kinds of people are everywhere, you typically only see them profiled in the USA because it's kind of the *thing* to do today to show pictures of fat people but only in the USA. But they ARE everywhere and live in every other country on the planet. Only thing is people don't show pictures of them from other countries because it would be considered disrespectful or otherwise wouldn't have the same effect on the mind.Having said that, I'm not mad about these pics being posted. I know my prior comments may seem like I'm angry but I truly am not - actually it's just the opposite. People have to change if things are going to get better and seeing how pathetic we as a people look just might be a good thing. Hopefully over time it will bring enough attention to this issue that they *want* to change. But please don't think I'm speaking out against those who post these images because I'm not. I just want people who look like this to care about themselves and change for the better :thumbsup:This whole issue disgusts me because people don't have to look like this, especially these days. Not everyone can be a beauty queen but having respect for your own body and treating it accordingly is key here. I'm almost fifty and I'm in great shape but only because I eat right and stay active. But consuming junk food and doing NOTHING all day is killing people in my country and it really pisses me off to see these people let themselves go like this (even though they do not represent the average American despite what the rest of the world thinks).I can only laugh at these pictures just like anyone else would but it also pains me to see people who seemingly don't even care about themselves anymore, regardless of what country they are from. I just have to shake my head and say "Oh my God" like anyone else would! It's un-freaking-believable how some people dress when they go out in public. I'm just glad the vast majority of American's (and people everywhere else) care about themselves and don't look like this!

• 5 months later...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAeMeLhjswQ&feature=player_embedded

"Rack up some more credit card debt. Yeah, don't invest in Gold, buys CD's and cell phones. Yeah there's a new thing on the market, it's called a cell phone. Stand in line for five hours to get the latest one. I'll bet all your I.Q.'s combined don't add up to the average 7 year old...." :)

• 2 weeks later...

People seem to take Black Friday very seriously if they wait in line at midnight.In general Italians don't care much about this shopping craziness, it's not part of our culture.Here the shops are open til late only on special occasions, for example the last time it was for the release of the new iPhone.Except for the Christmas period, the shops are closed on Sundays and they're never open late at night.The malls are open more frequently, but not all Sundays, and never beyond 9pmI always watch a TV program where women cut the coupons and then they go to the supermarket with hundreds of them: they buy groceries for like 900$ and in the end with coupons they pay almost nothing. :eek:I's really crazy, but I like that program: the world of US shopping is always full of surprises for me!

• 8 months later...

Eingefügtes BildViewing this made me feel like somebody walked up from behind and sucker punched me right in the society.

They give new meaning to the term "ugly American.":thumbsdown:

A little freak show entertainment and great prices' date=' how can you go wrong?![/quote']I used to like shopping at Wal-Mart around 2-4am because that was when the really really really strange people would show up. I don't tend to shop at Wal-Mart anymore. It is an unpleasant experience generally.

I used to like shopping at Wal-Mart around 2-4am because that was when the really really really strange people would show up. I don't tend to shop at Wal-Mart anymore. It is an unpleasant experience generally.

When visiting from the UK, a trip to Walmart is up there on the to-do list. The prices are cheap for beachwear & the entertainment is free ;)

Aah K-Mart and Wal-Mart also Target :thumbsup::cool::DOh yes! For bargains to bring home to England, I love them all :) I don't notice too many of the customers - as I'm usually engrossed in all the items in store. I bought my grandson's first ever pair of Levi jeans in a K-Mart (he was 3 months at the time!).A few years ago on here, somebody (Coop I think?) had bought some cocktail straws from Target which were shaped like flamingos and made some Vice-looking drinks: I've looked for the straws ever since but haven't had any luck in finding any.

Aah K-Mart and Wal-Mart also Target :thumbsup::cool::DOh yes! For bargains to bring home to England' date=' I love them all :) I don't notice too many of the customers - as I'm usually engrossed in all the items in store. I bought my grandson's first ever pair of Levi jeans in a K-Mart (he was 3 months at the time!).A few years ago on here' date=' somebody (Coop I think?) had bought some cocktail straws from Target which were shaped like flamingos and made some Vice-looking drinks: I've looked for the straws ever since but haven't had any luck in finding any.[/quote'']Those straws sound brill :thumbsup::D:D