Show off your Wal-Mart pride!!!

cageyJG

It is turning into the wild west over here, but sadly with little of the romance we attach to that time period. Just outright thuggery. However, I am also pretty crotchety so take what I say with a grain of salt. Forgive me if that pic was a tad tawdry, but I felt so strongly about it that I had to come out of retirement from this thread to put it up.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cageyJG

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Frey

• timm525

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is turning into the wild west over here' date=' but sadly with little of the romance we attach to that time period. Just outright thuggery. However, I am also pretty crotchety so take what I say with a grain of salt. Forgive me if that pic was a tad tawdry, but I felt so strongly about it that I had to come out of retirement from this thread to put it up.[/quote']
It's all good, cagey! Keep 'em comin'. :thumbsup:Eventually, I will return to the US.......I'll be sure to pop by Wal-mart, as one of the 'tourist attractions'. ;)

For Juscat:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4277[/ATTACH](From North Carolina' date=' U.S.)[/quote']
Only spotted this just now!Ha ha! :thumbsup:Maybe I'm one of those freaks.......I sometimes take my dog shopping in a dog bag with me!!!:D:D

Dahhhhh... exceptions are always made for little doggies. Mine likes to dress up. Which begs the question: why don't Disney characters ever wear pants? And if Chloe is around, would love to hear about what's going on at Asda (U.K. shopping center) these days. Couldn't find any good pics. I just found one of their burger ads and now I'm starving.

This reminds me of a store chain over here in germany, it's called "KIK" (dumb name I know).You can meet some funny people there!:)

This reminds me of a store chain over here in germany' date=' it's called "KIK" (dumb name I know).You can meet some funny people there!:)[/quote'] Hmmm... got any pics?P.S., a brand new story on WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304760604576428433276281402.html?mod=ITP_AHEDAll right, all right! I'm off to slumberland...

It Forgive me if that pic was a tad tawdry' date=' but I felt so strongly about it that I had to come out of retirement from this thread to put it up.[/quote']Retirement for this thread!:eek: NO!!!!I love this thread, and always look forward to your pictures and postings on this thread.I'm a big fan cageyJG!:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Can't imagine why customers complained about this woman (who looks like a dude) and the way she dressed while shopping at Walmart:I also love how the reporter opened the story, "I just bought this string bikini at Walmart, but I guess i can't wear it in there." Yeah, I just bought this box of condoms. Can I try them on in the middle of the store? :rolleyes:

Can't imagine why customers complained about this woman (who looks like a dude) and the way she dressed while shopping at Walmart:http://www.kval.com/news/local/126289188.html I also love how the reporter opened the story' date=' "I just bought this string bikini at Walmart, but I guess i can't wear it in there."Yeah, I just bought this box of condoms. Can I try them on in the middle of the store? :rolleyes:[/quote'] Sorry for the double-post but, my iPad doesn't allow me to edit posts on this forum. Here's the link I tried to post above:Http://www.kval.com/news/local/126289188.html

I wouldn't want to see that she/he/it dude in the store either. (When I see her I think, "8 ball in the corner pocket!") Bald, pot belly, tats, rude to customers, smoking.......who WOULD want to see that? You'd think she'd look at herself in a mirror before going out. Has she no pride? Dignitiy? Self respect? common courtesy for others? She should be ashamed of herself that even WALMART customers didn't like what they saw, and complained!!!If I looked like that, I wouldn't be suprised at all if people commented, or I was asked to leave,....I'd expect it.The moral decline in the world is getting worse. It's "F- You world, it's all about me."C'mon lady.....your not all that. Grow up Uncle Fester, and put on some decent clothes to go out for gawd sakes. Gutter trash.

[shudder.]This lady is desperate for attention. Is it true that she said she has her head shaved for easy access by brain doctors? Gross. At this point, I have to cut myself off because I can go off and rant pretty easily. I just want to know what led to this kind of behavior being acceptable in public.

Target Practice! :)

Maybe this guy's hat could be used for target practice. Or as they say in some old gangs up north' date=' "Give him two in the hat."[ATTACH=CONFIG']4428[/ATTACH]

post-230-1389296372097_thumb.jpg

The moral decline in the world is getting worse. It's "F- You world' date=' it's all about me."[/quote'] Not to sound like Undercover Arms Trader Mode Burnett, but yes, you nailed it.
Concur!Also' date=' go to the site and take a look at today's (for 2 AUG 11) - or search for "Moon Pies". Why wouldn't anyone go to that woman and tell her to pull her pants up? Or could this have been staged? I mean sometimes the staged ones [i']do show up.Finally - have I brought up Idiocracy before? If you haven't seen it, it's good for a few laughs (need a Mike Judge sense of humor, maybe), and also quite disturbing.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc&feature=related

Every time I see this, I know they wanted to say "Wal-Mart", but couldn't get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MetroVice

Walmart FreaksI too haven't seen near the extreme things in any of my local Walmart stores. But it's funny how people outside the USA see these pictures and think everyone is like this here in the states. What they really don't realize is that the USA is comprised largely of people from every other country on the PLANET. They came here to the USA and decided to make it their home, and as such brought their own cultures, styles & weirdness along with everything else. So it isn't just those of us who are native to the USA but those who came from YOU'RE country as well :)The "People of Walmart" site is quite funny though. But you can't take nasty comments from people in other countries seriously when many of those pictured originally came from where *THEY* live! :rolleyes:****** UPDATE ******I think some may have interpreted my above post as an angry response to this thread. However, I can assure you it was not. Written speech can be most difficult to correctly interpret by others. Sometimes it's easy while other times it leaves you wondering just what someone meant. Not having the benefit of having the person directly in front of you leaves much to their true demeanor.My post was merely to explain that not all "Americans" were born in the USA. My country truly is one of the only countries on the planet that represents every country on earth. As such, all of the cultures, styles and even weirdness comes from all those other countries as well. Although the USA has truly gotten a bad reputation for its *strangeness*, I only wanted to point out the fact there is a rather large percentage of it's citizens that came from every other country, including yours.Nothing else was intended in my post except to state that the people in all those pictures were not all native USA citizens.

Opinions countHi, no worries, I didn't think you were angry. Even if you were, so...? It's allowed. I think how this all got off the ground way back when is that we found something that is so un-Vicelike, that the contrast was startling.Now - I went into Trader Joe's this weekend (NEVER go there on a weekend), which is one of those organic, hippie style food chains that is supposed to make you feel noble about yourself while you pay high prices. And you know what? At least the people you see on the Wal-Mart website aren't trying to put on this grand facade of superiority like the T.J.s people are. Precision collision avoidance, hipsters with too tight polyester clothing, people bumping into you, cutting you off, the in-your-face alternative lifestyle chick at the checkout counter, parking lot gridlock attributed to a single driver, etc.If you've read this far, you might as well check out some South Park. (NSFW language!) These T.J. people make me think of 'Smug Alert' http://www.viralthis.com/176/south-park-mocks-hybrid-drivers.html and 'Creme Fraiche' (I actually SAW 'creme fraiche' at T.J.s) http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/360883/cafeteria-fraiche.