• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MV86

• Lar

• Shill

• crocketsgrl

Top Posters In This Topic

HE HE SHILL This article doesn't know what it's talking about cause you limey's (and I say that with love) love the Beatles. But I can see the humor in it so you are safe there' date=' mate....lol....Now tell the truth did you pay Lar to say that? Lar, did he pay you?:D......Oh and the reason I couldn't find this like you told me was I forgot this thread and thought you meant the 80's where we did get into a few off 80's groups we liked.....Thank you for the thought, dear. :)[/quote']LOL no he didn't pay me! And like I said, I'm a Beatles fan, and while I found the site funny, I don't agree with it...Now if he was ragging on Springsteen, well, thems be fightin' words!

LOL believe it or not' date=' I found that pretty funny! I learned a long time ago there's always going to be someone that hates what you like, there's no point in getting mad (no matter how [i']DEAD WRONG the writer is!). Besides, the whole point of the site seems to be to rag on popular music. The disclaimer is:"WHY? DEAR LORD…WHY?My name is Tanya Headon and I hate music. All of it. The purpose of this weblog is a simple one: to detail, week on week, the failings and infinite wretchedness of the stuff, building into an encyclopaedia of musical badness.Much of this music will generally be called ‘good’ by critics. Some of it you might be a fan of. Rather than get offended, think of this as the virulent opposite of all those smarmy Record Guides with their star rankings and chin-stroking critical weightings.Here, everything gets one star."I'd probably be more p*ssed if it was a full-out assault site, though again, what's the point in getting mad?

I agree with you Lar. I might get a bit ticked off, but I say, hey they don't know a good thing when they hear it so I feel sorry for them. And everyone has an opinion, right or wrong but I don't have to agree with it. Hey Bruce is a native from where I live, I'm a Jersey girl and live 20 minutes from Asbury. And my mom did take the brat a few times when I went on a date...lol. Bruce did a concert in Asbury this week, and did a bit for the member in the E Street band that passed on. He went to his funeral and had to push the concert a few days ahead......I played at the Stone Pony twice, do you know the feeling of playing on the stage Bruce, John Bonjovi and Southside played on ? Oh it's amazing and South side will be there July 3rd....Yeah....but I have to see cause I may be working......

Playing at the Stone Pony has got to be an incredible feeling; I'm not much of a player at any kind of instrument, and I'm not even sure if I have a singing voice, but man, if I had the chance...Danny Federici's passing was a huge shock. I had read about his melanoma in Rolling Stone, but it had said he was doing better, so I didn't give it as much thought as I probably should have. Such sad news.I was planning on seeing Bruce when he came to Cleveland this past year, but money and life interfered. He came again later to Columbus and Cincinatti (a few days apart), but I didn't make it to those shows, either. Supposedly another E Street album is in the works, so I'm sure one way or another he'll be coming back to Cleveland.

I love so much music, but here are my core artists that I couldn't live without: Todd Rundgren, Lou Reed, Joe Jackson, Warren Zevon, Colin Hay/Men at Work and Herbie Hancock. Second tier would be Hall and Oates and Bruce Hornsby. The wife points that I have no female artists in there. Oh well. Weirdest stuff I'm into on a regular basis: African pop like King Sunny Ade and electroclash/electronica/club music like Basement Jaxx. I never go to clubs!

I love so much music' date=' but here are my core artists that I couldn't live without: Todd Rundgren, Lou Reed, Joe Jackson, Warren Zevon, Colin Hay/Men at Work and Herbie Hancock. Second tier would be Hall and Oates and Bruce Hornsby. The wife points that I have no female artists in there. Oh well. Weirdest stuff I'm into on a regular basis: African pop like King Sunny Ade and electroclash/electronica/club music like Basement Jaxx. I never go to clubs![/quote']Warren Zevon, oh man, what a genius. I ran across a used copy of "Sentimental Hygiene" once, and passed it up; I haven't found a copy since! I don't know if it's out of print or what. Either way I can probably find it easily enough on Amazon, but the fact that I had an easier time getting Aldo Nova kind of bothers me :p. Props to both Hall & Oates (seriously underrated nowadays), and Hornsby. I only have Hornsby's "The Way It Is", but based on that and the fact that he co-wrote (or was it wrote entirely?) "The End of Innocence", I'd feel safe saying he's pretty awesome.

Yeah, Bruce co-wrote Innocence. If memory serves, Henley wrote lyrics to an existing Hornsby instrumental composition and the song was born.The Way it Is is among Hornsby's best albums, though I'm sure now he would say it's too structured and conventional (he's quite the jam-band guy now). Scenes from the Southside has a rock-solid "side one," but isn't quite as consistent on the flip. "Night on the Town" was Bruce's "guitar" album (which prompted a friend of mine to say, "isn't that like Jimi Hendrix doing a 'piano' album?"), which is laregly unknown these days. It is more rocking than his other stuff, but it's not like it sounds like Sabbath or anything -- it's one of my faves.Next, he dumped the Range and hooked up with Pat Matheney for the very jazzy "Harbor Lights." Very different from the Range stuff, but very solid in its own way.Then comes "Hot House," which may be his best album behind The Way it Is (and my recommendation to you for a second purchase, if you are so inclined). It masterfully blends his jazz/jam leanings with a pop sensibility that is intoxicating. Love, love, love it.Since "Hot House" came out in '95, Bruce has continued to follow his muse as it has taken him through bluegrass, electronica and back to live jams, Americana, folk and straight-up piano pop. Not always great, but never boring.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe you people! Will you please take another look at the totally awesome list of forgotten songs I posted a few pages ago!? There's some great stuff on there! Comments, my God! Does a brother have to navel-gaze about his romantic life or spew banalities to get some attention around here? Sheesh!

Keith Urban ~ Love, Pain, and the Whole Crazy Thing:happy: :hot:Ricky Martin ~ Unplugged, The Black & White Tour:hot:Michael Buble ~ Call Me Irresponsible :cool:Norah Jones ~ Come Away With Me :)Nickelback ~ All The Right Reasons :flowers: Lifescapes, Relaxation for Women ;)The Best of Miami Vice :tasse_prost::happy: Ricky Martin ~ Almas Del Silencio ;)Michael Buble ~ It's Time :clap: Bon Jovi ~ Have A Nice Day :eek:Keith Urban ~ Greatist Hits, 18 Kids :cheers: Jack Ingram ~ Wherever You Are and This Is It :clap: to name some..Well, you asked:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i listen to my vice playlist pretty much all the time.if i'm not listening to it for some reason, i tend to go back an forth between these favorite albums:Beck - Sea ChangeSting - Ten Summoner's TalesJohn Coltrane - A Love SupremeSteely Dan - Gaucho or AjaRadiohead - anythingThe Beatles - Abbey Roadi also made a playlist on my ipod that i like to shuffle. it has my favorite songs from all my albums. the playlist has almost 1200 songs! i call it "Dadrian.fm" :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I generally take an artist from vice music like Toni Childs or Peter Himmelman and buy the albums associated with the vice track. Kinda puts the track into a different context

I like all sorts of music in general, but one more in particular than the other,as a genre I like what we in the know call EDM - electronic dance music.Besides the obvious 80s synth music, I like a particular niche of this called trance. Thing about this is that there aren't as many well known artists as there are DJs that play it, namely people like Tiesto, Ferry Corsten and my fav. Armin van Buuren, they are all dutch, but also well known in the US and beyond. I've been going out to parties and such, because that's the best way to experience such music, though it might seem immature at times, he he but you still get just as enjoyable listen at home.Besides that I also like house music, more on the easy going side with this one though, like funky happy anything, I like to think that if MV was filmed today this type of music would prevail, especially from what I heard of from clubs in Miami. Here I also like some of the eurodance, but mostly 90s one!I also enjoy chillout music very much, for example Cafe Del Mar series, very relaxing. I've been to the actual place in Ibiza and during the sunset time it's something else! People come to see it as if it was a show, great atmosphere.I am not too keen on top40 or billboard, but I admit there's a song here or there that I like. It's just that I find pop music nowadays sort of bleak.When it comes to rap & hip-pop I like mostly what was done in the 90s, when I was a teen I was well into it, and still like to hear some of them songs.I like rock music too but mostly 80s classics, and love ballads.All in all my music player is very varied and I'm always looking to seek out something new that will make me like it, hopefully for the long run, you can tell the difference between good and 'bad' music because the good one is still good after 20-30 years etc., where as no one remembers the bad.With that said I do enjoy Sinatra, Beatles, Elvis and such and so on, just that it's not on a regular basis. There's a time for everything, or shold I say a song for every occasion.