C&T BROKE HOW MANY LAWS?

COOPER&BURNETT

I was watching DEATH AND THE LADY (which I love), and thought to myself how many laws have Crockett and Tubbs broken in the series?I watched how in multiple occations Crockett entered Milton Glanz's house without being invited in. He just walked in. He then, at the end, slaps the crap out of Milton, then walks out with his trophy.So lets see, that's breaking and entering, assault and battery, and theft.Obviously, as fans of the show, this is kinda cool, because nobody has them arrested for these crimes, and we like to see the bad guy shown a thing or two. However, they could face some serious charges for all the stuff they did.They grab guys, and shove them against walls, even hit Tim Davis in the face after tackling him in the ocean! No charges! :)Virtually, if not every episode has them do something illegal. We just choose not to see that, because in our minds, it's virtuous, and for the greater good.Personally, I enjoyed the Police brutality on the bad guys in the show.....but it's still illegal.What other examples can you think of that they did illegally?This should be easy.:)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• Jimmy

• Kavinsky

• Administrators

I'm not even going to touch this one. :eek:I did the one for Maynard's crimes in "Back in the World" and came up with about 300+ years he'd be facing if you added up all the counts consecutively! :)Click ---> here

You guys are goof balls.:)But I was looking for real examples, like tim's example.What other episodes do you remember that C&T did something illegally?

What do I get if I win?This is a trick question: 0 laws were broken because Vice was set before the P.C. movement. Sheesh.

You got that right, CageyJG.....the U.S. has gotten ridiculous in protecting the criminals & tying the hands of cops. :birdie:C&T didn't go out & assassinate any bad guys.

• Administrators

Yankee Dollar, driving Sarah home at top speed through city streets. That wasn't official police business.Or beating up on Max Rogo to find out where the meet was at the end.

In Brother´s Keeper they walked into Leon´s apartment without having a permission. They saw that someone had turned everything upside down, but nevertheless Sonny smoked and got himself a beer out of Leon´s fridge. They left their fingerprints everywhere!

Guest neworder

They are hardly Jack Bauer when it comes to breaking laws ... although I suppose Crockett comes close in the Burnett trilogy but he has a reason and does answer to his actions for the most part ... Tubbs putting Rudy's head (the guy with dreadlocks) in Theresa down the toilet springs to mind, as does Crockett kicking the **** of wyatt at the end of that episode.

Sonny firing his gun in the air as a warning shot when Leona tries to drive away from the drug deal with Tubbs in the teaser of Amen....send Money.That's an unlawful discharge of his weapon. The bullet would come down somewhere. In someone's roof of thier car, someone's back yard, or on the top of someone's head.

How about Crockett ramming Holiday's head into the glass of a pinball machine, in CHILD'S PLAY, causing him a pretty nasty cut, and damaging property. Also, not to mention his pistol whipping.

I was watching DEATH AND THE LADY (which I love)' date=' and thought to myself how many laws have Crockett and Tubbs broken in the series?I watched how in multiple occations Crockett entered Milton Glanz's house without being invited in. He just walked in. He then, at the end, slaps the crap out of Milton, then walks out with his trophy.So lets see, that's breaking and entering, assault and battery, and theft.Obviously, as fans of the show, this is kinda cool, because nobody has them arrested for these crimes, and we like to see the bad guy shown a thing or two. However, they could face some serious charges for all the stuff they did.They grab guys, and shove them against walls, even hit Tim Davis in the face after tackling him in the ocean! No charges! :)Virtually, if not every episode has them do something illegal. We just choose not to see that, because in our minds, it's virtuous, and for the greater good.Personally, I enjoyed the Police brutality on the bad guys in the show.....but it's still illegal.What other examples can you think of that they did illegally?This should be easy.:)[/quote']I watched this last night also. I found Sonny's commentary between slaps amusing. "Is that attractive"...smack...Does that excite you"...smack..."Did that titillate you"...smack :) An example that comes to mind is DELIVER US FROM EVIL. Sonny had no plans on arresting Hackman. That was pure retribution (not that I blame him). If I recall correctly, Hackman was unarmed when Sonny killed him. Though the end scene shows Hackman with a gun in his hand, I always believed that was a "throwaway" that Sonny brought with him.

I watched this last night also. I found Sonny's commentary between slaps amusing. "Is that attractive"...smack...Does that excite you"...smack..."Did that titillate you"...smack :)

:):)

In Buddies' date=' Dorothy Bain's ex-husband got what was coming to him @OCB by Sonny. :)[/quote']Anytime I'm ticked off by someone, I go home and watch this scene to feel better, as I pretend I'm Crockett, and the person who ticked me off is Dorothy Bain's husband. It's a great way to blow off steam.Tubbs assaulted him too.

• Administrators

I thought the Tubbs swat at the end was great for standing up for your partner's decision. I always get a laugh when I see him do that. I can almost hear him say "chump" when he does. :)

I thought the Tubbs swat at the end was great for standing up for your partner's decision. I always get a laugh when I see him do that. I can almost hear him say "chump" when he does. :)

It was a GREAT scene!I remember when I saw it when in first run, I was watching it with my dad, and when Tubbs hits the guy after Crockett is done with him, my dad went, "oooooooooooohhhhhhh!!:)" He kinda chuckled afterward. He thought that was unexpected, and so cool of Tubbs.

• Administrators

No matter how many laws C&T broke they would only get into trouble if the people in question were willing to press charges and usually C&T had said people in a position where they weren't willing to do so! As Crockett said: "You gotta know the rules before you can break 'em"

No matter how many laws C&T broke they would only get into trouble if the people in question were willing to press charges and usually C&T had said people in a position where they weren't willing to do so! As Crockett said: "You gotta know the rules before you can break 'em"

Thankfully, this is true. Like I said in my first post, I kinda liked having them rough up the bad guys. I play it back on the DVD pretending it's me doing it to someone who pissed me off.Miami Vice is GREAT therapy.I LOVE MIAMI VICE! :happy::thumbsup:

I think Crockett's "unlawful" behaviour begins right in the first episode, when he sends Rico to his cabin to meet Elvis! :D I mean, really: what if poor guy didn't react fast enough and got some part of his body bit off? :eek: Wild animals are very dangerous, and Tubbs wasn't even warned... Honestly, I laugh every time at that boat scene, it's one of my favourites... but just because it's too obvious that all those Sonny's tricks are purposed to let us viewing audience have fun, and he will always get away with his cutest smile, making no harm to anybody. But if a real person did the same thing, the consequences could be much less funny, IMO.

Question - in Lend Me an Ear, when the Sonny, Rico and Switek enter Dykstra's house so they can plant their new bugging devices, would that have been considered trespassing or anything? I realize it was part of their investigation, but that seemed kind of odd at the same time.