C&T BROKE HOW MANY LAWS?

COOPER&BURNETT

Question - in Lend Me an Ear' date=' when the Sonny, Rico and Switek enter Dykstra's house so they can plant their new bugging devices, would that have been considered trespassing or anything? I realize it was part of their investigation, but that seemed kind of odd at the same time.[/quote']It would be if they didn't have a warrent, or court order.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• Jimmy

• Kavinsky

Question - in Lend Me an Ear' date=' when the Sonny, Rico and Switek enter Dykstra's house so they can plant their new bugging devices, would that have been considered trespassing or anything? I realize it was part of their investigation, but that seemed kind of odd at the same time.[/quote']
It would be if they didn't have a warrent' date=' or court order.[/quote']Same in No Exit, when C&T and Lester enter Tony Amato's home.

• Administrators

Well, they would most likely need a warrant. Once they got that, how else would you plant bugs without the person knowing? Break in!

Well' date=' they would most likely need a warrant. Once they got that, how else would you plant bugs without the person knowing? Break in![/quote']That's what I was thinking - I don't know how else they could have done it, but at the same time, it seemed weird that they could just enter someone's home without warning.

C&T BROKE HOW MANY LAWS?I think that by today's standards, they broke laws in almost every episode. Fun as it was to watch, Sonny's car and boat driving alone broke every law in the book and put innocent Miami residents in constant danger. 1. How about when they blew up the warehouse in NYC during the "Prodigal Son" episode? Not exactly a legal way to shut down a drug dealer!2. "Prodigal Son" again: Sonny shoots down a helicopter in Manhattan!!!!! I know he wanted to take down the bad guy, but that was pretty reckless! 3. Shooting down Barbone's plane in "Free Fall". 4. In "Borrasca", we don't actually see Castillo shoot the guy escaping on the helicopter, but from his conversation with Rico in the last scene, we know he must have.I'm sure there's plenty more....

I think that by today's standards' date=' they broke laws in almost every episode. Fun as it was to watch, Sonny's car and boat driving alone broke every law in the book and put innocent Miami residents in constant danger. 1. How about when they blew up the warehouse in NYC during the "Prodigal Son" episode? Not exactly a legal way to shut down a drug dealer!2. "Prodigal Son" again: Sonny shoots down a helicopter in Manhattan!!!!! I know he wanted to take down the bad guy, but that was pretty reckless! 3. Shooting down Barbone's plane in "Free Fall". 4. In "Borrasca", we don't actually see Castillo shoot the guy escaping on the helicopter, but from his conversation with Rico in the last scene, we know he must have.I'm sure there's plenty more....[/quote']There are many, MANY more examples, that's why this thread was started, so everyone can point them out, and then think about it. It's fun, but they could have gotten in trouble.

In "Forgive Us Our Debts", when Sonny takes Tom Barkley for a walk and beats the living daylights outta him. Even though he's under witness protection program Sonny almost kills him, he's so desperate to get that confession from him. Such an utter disregard of the rules... Good police work! :thumbsup:

In "Forgive Us Our Debts"' date=' when Sonny takes Tom Barkley for a walk and he beats the living daylights outta him. Even though he's under witness protection program Sonny almost kills him, he's so desperate to get that confession from him. Such an utter disregard of the rules... Good police work! :thumbsup:[/quote']Crockett got the info he needed as a result. :)

Oh yes... but in the end it turned out that he had just "dirtied his hands" for nothing, or even worse - to get a cold-blooded criminal out of jail. :cry:Well, if I'm not mistaken, of course... is it the episode where Sonny had helped the guy who later killed his wife Caitlin?

Oh yes... but in the end it turned out that he had just "dirtied his hands" for nothing' date=' or even worse - to get a cold-blooded criminal out of jail. :cry:Well, if I'm not mistaken, of course... is it the episode where Sonny had helped the guy who later killed his wife Caitlin?[/quote']Your correct. That is what happened.What other laws broken by C&T can you think of?

Crockett also gets jailed two times for contempt of court in "Give a Little' date=' Take a Little" and "Contempt of Court".[/quote']I guess that too, in a way, can be considered breaking the law. If a JUDGE orders you to do something, and you don't comply, in a way, I guess it's illegal. I'm not sure "illegal" is the correct legal term, as it's not a common law rule, but more a court ruling who has authority to take you into custody for non compliance of the order.

I guess that too' date=' in a way, can be considered breaking the law. If a JUDGE orders you to do something, and you don't comply, in a way, I guess it's illegal. I'm not sure "illegal" is the correct legal term, as it's not a common law rule, but more a court ruling who has authority to take you into custody for non compliance of the order.[/quote']Yeah I get your point Coop, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah I get your point Coop' date=' but I thought it was worth mentioning.[/quote']It was was worth mentioning. :thumbsup:

Imagine if they had 'waterboarding' - back then! ;)

I'd be Crockett and Tubbs vrs. the ACLU. And we thought Internal Affaris was difficult to deal with.

• 2 months later...

Didnt he break a few laws by taking the fake money out of the police storage area to frame that pipsqueak and to get him to cooperate when his cover was blown in Yankee Dollar?

Didnt he break a few laws by taking the fake money out of the police storage area to frame that pipsqueak and to get him to cooperate when his cover was blown in Yankee Dollar?

"MISPLACED" money? Yeah, I'd say so. I'd like to see how that was written up in a police report.

• Administrators

How about "stealing" the Daytona back at the end of Whatever Works? Not exactly 100% "by the book" there.

How about "stealing" the Daytona back at the end of Whatever Works? Not exactly 100% "by the book" there.

True.

• Administrators

I'd also have to question the legality of Sonny drawing his gun down on the civilian that was driving his Jeep when Sonny stopped him and took his vehicle in Bad Timing.I know Sonny is a LEO, but drawing a weapon (AKA aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill is a third degree felony by Florida Statutes. Click ---> here) on a civilian that has not broken any laws that are considered "life threatening" to warrant the use of deadly force is way out of line in my opinion.I think he'd have to answer to a review board for his actions on this in today's "real" world.

[url=http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0784/ch0784.htm">

here) on a civilian that has not broken any laws that are considered "life threatening" to warrant the use of deadly force is way out of line in my opinion.I think he'd have to answer to a review board for his actions on this in today's "real" world.

That is indeed the purpose of this thread. The broke lots, and LOTS of laws! :)

• 4 months later...

After 5 years of driving a technically already stolen ferrari by the goverment via the rico statute wouldnt you be inclinded to keep it if no one asked about it if you were crockett? but in all seriousness it was probably a half joke, maybe he was supposed to turn in and was doing it a day late.

Knowing how little money the vice squad had to work with due to cutbacks, and knowing he doesn't steal things, he most likely just hadn't finalized bring it back yet. Castillo knew he was using it because he didn't have any other transport at the time, and figured he'd let him use it for a few days.Crockett was just making light of the situation that he no longer is a cop, but still had the car in his possesion.