JERK @ Vice Convention!

COOPER&BURNETT

Jake Byrd at MIAMI VICE CONVENTION (From Jimmy Kimmel) pisses off MIAMI VICE convention organizer / president, ELIZABETH. She has written on the forum at the "other" site when we were there. The guy is from Jimmy Kimmel, and does his best to pester, and piss off everyone for the show....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwTLkKT9wsI

I must admit, when he goofs on some people, I do think it's very funny. There are many on YOU TUBE to watch. He's got guts. I've seen him do this at other gatherings, and sometimes he's anoying, and other times, it can be funny, but, ....I dunno, perhaps this hits too close to home? There are some funny moments, but it's MIAMI VICE.Perhaps, it is funny, but I'm not open to it with VICE?I know, I know, I gotta lighten up.Tell me what you think, is it funny to you, or is it not funny. (There is no right or wrong answer, heck, I'm still undecided!)And yes. I CAN be swayed one way or the other by what you think.

Looks rather stupid and annoying to me. ?( I haven't seen any of his other gags, but I think I would feel the same way even if it wasn't about Miami Vice (or any other show that I like). I mean, what's so funny about spoiling a weekend for people who specially gathered to have some fun in a way they like (not to mention that many of them must have travelled a great distance and spent a decent amount of money to get there)? If you don't like Miami Vice, go to Michael Jackson convention or whatever... Perhaps all this may look (a little) funny in a movie or a show, but with real people I feel nothing besides compassion for them and annoyance for that idiot. But maybe I'm just too serious... :p

May be this person thinks, he is funny? ?(It's SO stupid and annoying! (and it doesn't matter, what he was crying. He could have chosen the name of any TV show and singer, and it would still look dumb)

Yes, I think such behaviour might be forgivable for a mean or emotionally disturbed (or just "over-energetic") schoolkid who haven't learned any other ways of attracting attention yet... but with a grown-up guy it looks just plain mean and stupid. Reminds some "candid camera" show... but at least they give some thought to their jokes. (That's why they can be funny sometimes, though I don't usually have too much fun, because I feel for the victims for the most time, especially if the jokes are mean). And this guy's actions seem totally pointless. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen or heard any mention of this idiot in any of the 20th MV Anniv. posts. I can see why Sonny'sEJ and the other fans were p'od! In his foolish remarks, he was mocking Miami Vice, DJ & PMT and the people on the bus tour, who are among our members on this site.I'm glad they told him to leave the tour. They didn't need the negative publicity. Hope he won't be at the Paris Convention next year! :p

Guest myonlyvice

Stuff like this makes me cringe for everyone involved, including the fly-in-the-ointment who is planted there. I actually feel sorry for him, too. What an idiot! I wonder if the real conventioneers ever figured out that this guy was only a plant and not a legit nutcase? This would be rude under any circumstance, but as somebody already mentioned, when there is a lot of time and money at stake that people have invested to enjoy themselves, this is indefensible. The way I see it, Jimmy Kimmel (however you spell his name) owes these people a refund. He literally robbed them. I appreciate good practical jokes, including things that are (way) over the top, but they have their time and place. Though he may pretend to think it would be funny so he can maintain a consistent public image, I'm certain there are situations where Kimmel would not be tickled to be treated in a similar manner as these folks were treated. My two cents.

What's the point in annoying those people who were there to have fun and enjoy an event connected to their favourite show?It's not just because MV is involved, it could have even been a "Facts of Life" convention, or whatever else for that matters, but still he didn't have the right to spoil the fun.He was very rude, someone should have thrown him out of the bus... while it was still in motion!

By the way... a little "off-top" question: can we see any of our members on this tape? :) I know that some people are members here and on "the other site" too, so... :)

• Administrators
By the way... a little "off-top" question: can we see any of our members on this tape? :) I know that some people are members here and on "the other site" too' date=' so... :)[/quote']Elizabeth (ej2010) the convention president and Rick (Nash3333) the tour leader are both members on our site.In my opinion this alpha hotel should've been removed from the tour a LOT sooner than he was!

What is the "other site" ?

It's another vice site that we once occupied, before it was taken over by hostle force. We then all came here, and have been here (the good guys), while the (bad guys) remain there. Thankfully, we have become the dominate, and best MIAMI VICE site in the world as a result. :thumbsup:ALL the Vice experts are here, and none are there. The very best members are here.

We then all came here' date=' and have been here (the good guys), while the (bad guys) remain there.[/quote']OK Coop, the good, the bad... what about the ugly? :p:)

I don't consider myself one of the "bad".....so I'm one of the "ugly" who are on both sites! ;)

I am also ugly Tony D. and not ashamed to admit it. I guess I was lucky and stayed away from the negative and focused on enjoying Miami Vice on both sites. While there are aspects of this site that are much better like not having any issues with the page loading, the other site is where I started being active on any forum and still feel fondly toward it. They say you never forget your first love. Life is too short to deal with alpha hotels. That guy at the convention was an alpha hotel. Someone with talent could have done a good natured funny skit if they knew anything about vice which this no talent clearly did not. My opinion: no talent, not funny, can't believe it made t.v.

Elizabeth (ej2010) the convention president and Rick (Nash3333) the tour leader are both members on our site.In my opinion this alpha hotel should've been removed from the tour a LOT sooner than he was!

I'd like to hear their stories about this guy on the tour bus. Wonder why they never mentioned it.

Elizabeth (ej2010) the convention president and Rick (Nash3333) the tour leader are both members on our site.In my opinion this alpha hotel should've been removed from the tour a LOT sooner than he was!

I don't consider myself one of the "bad".....so I'm one of the "ugly" who are on both sites! ;)

Tony and C Glide, obviously, I was not speaking of you guys, (or other members who are on both sites) but of those who stole the site, bullied people, spamers, people who are mean, trouble makers etc. I'm sure there are some fine people still on the site. Now, so we don't change the subject, let's just continue about the guy on the bus.It appears that so far, everyone seems to agree that this was an annoying guy. I'd love to hear from people on the bus, and the first hand experiences they had with this. Did anyone take photos or video of this guy? What did they think about the camera man who was filming all of this for the show? Who did they think he was?

I think a couple of guys should have taken him outside and taught him a little respect.

I like miamijimf's solution....:evil:

So far, 100% of those posting do NOT like this guy for what he did.