Name That Tune!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

The Scene:Switek in a bar fight.Name That Tune!

• Administrators

Cute"Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell

• 3 months later...

this will be a good one:there are TWO MV songs on which Sting sings the background vocals. name them!hint: tea in the sahara is NOT one of them, as there are no background vocals in that song (that i can think of, anyway).

• Administrators

"Long Long Way To Go" by Phil Collins "Mercy Street" by Peter Gabriel

long long way to go is one. if sting sings on mercy street, i didn't know it. i don't remember his name in the "So" liner notes. you're warm though...

• Administrators

Well, Peter gabriel and Phil Collins are naturals since they all sing in a similar style. I could swear I hear 2 voices on "Mercy Street" but I could be wrong. Really no idea on the 2nd song.

i think mercy street is peter gabriel overdubbing his own voice many times (like mary ford did on the les paul records).you are SO close (no pun ;)), and that's NOT a hint

there are TWO MV songs on which Sting sings the background vocals. name them!hint: tea in the sahara is NOT one of them' date=' as there are no background vocals in that song (that i can think of, anyway).[/quote']

• Administrators

With Sting being involved with Amnesty International I'll guess he teamed up with Gabriel to sing "Biko" and that is my final answer! ;)

yes vicefan!! nice guess!next time you listen to "take me home", on the choruses, notice phil on the lead vocal, peter gabriel on the low part, and sting nailing the high part. you'll wonder why you never noticed before! (now that you know it)its the british solo artist trifecta! and it sounds incredible.answer recap: sting sings background vocals on "long long way to go" (50 pts to Fman) and "take me home" (50 pts to vicefan).

yes vicefan!! nice guess!next time you listen to "take me home"' date=' on the choruses, notice phil on the lead vocal, peter gabriel on the low part, and sting nailing the high part. you'll wonder why you never noticed before! (now that you know it)its the british solo artist trifecta! and it sounds incredible.answer recap: sting sings background vocals on "long long way to go" (50 pts to Fman) and "take me home" (50 pts to vicefan).[/quote']Wow, you guys are good! I had no idea of the background vocals.

Sting sings in the background of another song that SHOULD haves been in MV: "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits. Anyone know what Sting's Line in the song was?

i want my MTV (among many others).sting received a LOT of money for the royalties of that song, and rightly so. it's the most memorable part. everything else is great, too, though. great song! great album!

• Administrators

Isn't that the song where the video is all clay people and is/was like the #2 video of all times behind MJ's Thriller?

• 3 years later...

The smooth jazz song playing on "By Hooker By Crook" when C+T interview the rich lady on the yacht is "Lavado" by Bill Bergman. This is not the only time we hear him play saxophone on Miami Vice. If you don't already know the other one, see if you can guess without Googling. He has a very distinctive style, which is why I'm surprised I haven't noticed him in this other song before TODAY!Anybody know the other song? Hint: it's NOT an instrumental.