Prodigal Son

Shill

Probably. Except' date=' a couple of things:a) This is a favorite pet subject of mine - see my first post a few pages back.b) It was you who dug up the subject from its grave, and it was you who tried to decipher the meaning of the title (poorly, I might add).Me? I'm just playing along with you. :)[/quote']Sorry I brought it back up,was just wondering but just have to shrug it off,although some reporter or somebody one day might bring this up with the right person and he or she will be able to clarify it(probably on some special features on a future Dvd type format)although I just read mjcmmv's post,I never knew that,never gone through all these posts(don't have much time to go online during the day to do that,one day when I'm not busy I'll probably go thorugh all the posts at this forum!),but his post might be the explanation,then again,who knows?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shill

• Dadrian

• timm525

• dchan

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this was mentioned already; I haven't had time to go through all the posts. I read some time ago that Prodigal Son was going to be about Tubbs returning to NYC and was originally going to focus on him' date=' not Sonny. But DJ's popularity changed that. Anyway, they kept the name of the episode. Tubbs was from the Bronx and like the Prodigal Son in the Bible, he is returning to his home base, getting back together with old haunts and old friends, like his old flame, Valerie. But just like in the Bible Story, not everyone was happy to see him and even though he thought about staying in his home city, he ended up returning to Miami where he felt he had real friends and more of a future. NYC was exciting, but once you leave, it's hard to go back....I know. I've been in the same spot.[/quote']This explanation makes the most sense. A hell of a lot more sense than my theories. It goes well with the story that Glen Frey wrote the "You Belong to the City" with Tubbs in mind. And it would have been great if they actually implemented it. Alas......Crockett-Mania. Still a great episode, though.
Sorry I brought it back up' date='was just wondering but just have to shrug it off,although some reporter or somebody one day might bring this up with the right person and he or she will be able to clarify it(probably on some special features on a future Dvd type format)although I just read mjcmmv's post,I never knew that,never gone through all these posts(don't have much time to go online during the day to do that,one day when I'm not busy I'll probably go thorugh all the posts at this forum!),but his post might be the explanation,then again,who knows?[/quote']Yeah, I was being a pompous ******* in that last post and the posts before it. It's fun sometimes - you should try it out a couple of times. :) Sorry 'bout that. I remember somebody in .org mentioned he/she was in a acting class or something like that with the writer of the episode, and could have brought it up with him. We never got an answer on that.....

Yeah, I was being a pompous ******* in that last post and the posts before it. It's fun sometimes - you should try it out a couple of times. :) Sorry 'bout that. I remember somebody in .org mentioned he/she was in a acting class or something like that with the writer of the episode, and could have brought it up with him. We never got an answer on that..... Yeah,that's allright,can't be nice all the time,about the person in the acting class,who knows,although if it's the person I think it is,we'll never really know!