Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

Hey Flamingo, thanks for posting a link to that site, its a great resource that all sleuths should know about. Don Boyd, the webmaster, is my facebook friend. He posted screen caps of the Cryo Lab in The Big Thaw for me in his "Memory Test - where were these photos taken?" section and a retired Miami Beach policeman recognized the area. As a result another source confirmed the building was the old South Beach Elementary. I have asked Don to post screen caps of other unknown locations we are looking for but he has been pretty busy lately.Yes I knew about Wolfies, my mother in law worked in both. She has some great stories about famous people, like Frank Sinatra, who used to stop in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated Nude On The Moon on my site as the location of the driving scene over the bridge in Coral Gables has been found. It was on Hardee Road.

Great stuff !I have posted some real estate listings with links and photos on the "Score" location thread for Turnberry Isle Marina Towers :D:D

Great stuff !I have posted some real estate listings with links and photos on the "Score" location thread for Turnberry Isle Marina Towers :D:D

Nice!!

• 2 weeks later...

Clambake (1967)Stardust (1974)Airport '77 (1977)Black Sunday (1977)Cease Fire (1985)Switching Channels (1988)Midnight Crossing (1988)Under Suspicion (1991)South Beach (1993) (TV)Mr. Nanny (1993)Two Much (1995)The Substitute (1996)The Blackout (1997)Plato's Run (1997)Random Hearts (1999)In The Shadows (2001)Red Eye (2005)Pledge This! (2006)Confessions of a Shopaholic (2008)Public Enenies (2009)Up In The Air (2009)New In Town (2009)

Some more titles:Clambake (1967)Stardust (1974)Airport '77 (1977)Black Sunday (1977)Cease Fire (1985)Switching Channels (1988)Midnight Crossing (1988)Under Suspicion (1991)South Beach (1993) (TV)Mr. Nanny (1993)Two Much (1995)The Substitute (1996)The Blackout (1997)Plato's Run (1997)Random Hearts (1999)In The Shadows (2001)Red Eye (2005)Pledge This! (2006)Confessions of a Shopaholic (2008)Public Enenies (2009)Up In The Air (2009)New In Town (2009)

The list continues to grow. I think the boat race near the end of Clambake was great because it really shows the boat basin and the marine stadium on Virginia Key.I wish more of the movie were filmed in Miami, but most was done in California.

Here's a deleted scene from scarface with a nice view of ocean drive. this is the only clip of this thats online. the full scene is on the dvd

Here's a deleted scene from scarface with a nice view of ocean drive. this is the only clip of this thats online. the full scene is on the dvd

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB2MT43m9H8

Nice thankyou I wish too more movies were made in Miami - bits and bobs are but LA , Nyc and Vancouver are way ahead :D

Some more titles:Miami Supercops (1985) Extralarge: Miami Killer (1991) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Black and White (1991) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Moving Target (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Jo-Jo (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Cannonball (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Black Magic (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael Thomas

Some more titles:Miami Supercops (1985) Extralarge: Miami Killer (1991) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Black and White (1991) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Moving Target (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Jo-Jo (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Cannonball (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael ThomasExtralarge: Black Magic (1992) (TV) with Philip Michael Thomas

Thanks for the info :D

Thanks for the info :D

Those movies have some very nice Miami scenery e.g:Casa Casuarina seen in Brother's KeeperEingefügtes BildNice shot of Bayside Marketplace and Bayfront ParkEingefügtes BildCape Florida Lighthouse seen in Hit List and Redemption In Blood. Also in Burn NoticeEingefügtes BildWorld Jai-Alai Miami seen in Killshot Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildUnder Interstate 95' date=' SW 3rd Ave seen in Little Prince where Mary's body is foundEingefügtes BildThe exact spot from Badge Of Dishonor where Dealer is stopped by Cops and shotEingefügtes BildNice shot of The Revere on Ocean Dr. at 11th Street before it was torn down Eingefügtes BildFreedom Tower seen in Hit List and numerous Vice episodes Eingefügtes Bild42 Star Island Drive seen in Little Prince Eingefügtes BildOutiside Southeast Financial Center (the exact spot where Benedict talked with clients in The Fix)Eingefügtes Bild

Guest MetroVice

Super Fuzz/SupersnooperSuper Fuzz was also a Miami-based motion picture. Made in 1980, it featured Terence Hill and ol' Ernest Borgnine as Miami police officers. It was a silly movie that most people didn't care for. This movie is also known as Supersnooper because apparently, so I'm told, "fuzz" means something *else* in another language (although I don't know which language or it's alleged definition). So they used the two titles interchangeably depending on the country it was shown ;)Ridiculous as it may have been, I somehow enjoyed it. Plus it was in Miami (pre-Vice) and that's always cool :cool:

Super Fuzz was also a Miami-based motion picture. Made in 1980' date=' it featured Terence Hill and ol' Ernest Borgnine as Miami police officers. It was a silly movie that most people didn't care for. I've always been able to stomach most silly movies such as this, so I can say I at least enjoyed it:cool:[/quote']I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! :)

True Lies: The location of the tropical warehouse where they are tied up and then shoot their way out has been found on Sugarloaf Key and my site has been updated with the new information. 16820 Old State Road 4A just down the road from the Miami Vice 2006 safe house.Eingefügtes Bild

Guest MetroVice

Quality

True Lies: The location of the tropical warehouse where they are tied up and then shoot their way out has been found on Sugarloaf Key and my site has been updated with the new information. 16820 Old State Road 4A just down the road from the Miami Vice 2006 safe house.Eingefügtes Bild

This was one of Ahnold's last truly good movies before the quality started taking a dive, IMHO.

Charlie- if you get a chance you should check out one of my favorite movies- "Semi-Tough" with Burt Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson, 1977. It's funny and is based on characters that resemble Dolphin players Czonka and Kick. It pokes fun at 1970s themes such as popular "I'm OK, You're OK" type fads. While it was shot in LA and Dallas as well as Miami it has some interesting Miami locations I haven't seen in other films. Some scenes, such as the beach scene at the end and the condo balcony scene may or not be in Miami, I'm not sure.