Episode #1 "Brother's Keeper"

Ferrariman

it's not him. It's Harold Bergman playing the judge, the other one I don't know who he is, but I suspect he played a small part right on the beginning of "Bad Timing" (he speaks about Crockett's mental state on "Bad Timing").

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Caroline Crockett said:

I posted the picture earlier, but I guess at the wrong place. Is that him?

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 11.44.53 AM.png

No, do you see ever he looks like the man which I shared in the two last pics?

Edited by Joey Hardin
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ivoryjones said:

I don't have the first broadcast of the Pilot, but the very first rerun (January 25, 1985). Actually I've been looking for it for a while.

On my NBC copy (as on MCA VHS/Laserdisc versions), I can't notice any difference in comparison with the US DVD and US BD, except of course the colors (very different - check here ). I wonder if that Miami Vice Theme version was some sort of fan remixing? I find no reason NBC would cut that on the very first rerun, in 90-minute one part format just like the first broadcast. I also find not very Jan Hammer style to have nearly nothing new from 2'07'' to the end. In addition, from 2'58'' the remixing seems to have a lot of distortion, a distortion that was absent before 2'58'', which in my opinion indicates that we can rule out that the distortion comes from the VHS or from the analog recording source (in case it's not VHS), so maybe it's just remixing volume that went wrong.

But I can't say too much about this, the authority on Jan Hammer's style and on recording techniques is Dadrian. I trust Dadrian's opinion on this not less than I would trust Jan's own opinion!!! 

Also, if some member has a copy of the very first NBC broadcast, maybe we could be sure if there are differences or not in comparison with later versions (including the first rerun that I have).

Well, you said youself you don't have the first broadcast. Maybe his scene were there but on the rerun maybe they edited?

Why always they had cutted or shortened scenes from every episodes. Because of NBC Commercial Policies and duration or something?

And you could see the same thing on Manhunter 1986 movie and Miami Vice 2006 too. Maybe on Band of The Hand 1986 movie too, never searched the last.

But I have seen this thing almost every Michael Mann productions that I ever watched.

Edited by Joey Hardin

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

I think this could be Captain Rodney. The Blu-ray could probably give a more clear picture of his face. 

I think you've solved the case, summer84! That take, as far as I know, is in every version of the Pilot. Yet, I would never never find him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ivoryjones said:

I think you've solved the case, summer84! That take, as far as I know, is in every version of the Pilot. Yet, I would never never find him.

But his voice was different than Julian Byrd's. Check the voices again between on Brother's Keeper and Heart of Darkness.

Edited by Joey Hardin

11 hours ago, Joey Hardin said:

And you could see the same thing on Manhunter 1986 movie and Miami Vice 2006 too. Maybe on Band of The Hand 1986 movie too, never searched the last.

But I have seen this thing almost every Michael Mann productions that I ever watched.

Michael Mann is quite notorious for re-editing his productions. Most of his films have been modified in some way for home video.

8 hours ago, Joey Hardin said:

But his voice was different than Julian Byrd's. Check the voices again between on Brother's Keeper and Heart of Darkness.

Could be dubbed by another actor for whatever reason.

Just watched "Golden Triangle (Part I)" the other day, and detective Ross is quite obviously dubbed over with someone else's voice.

5 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

Michael Mann is quite notorious for re-editing his productions. Most of his films have been modified in some way for home video.

Could be dubbed by another actor for whatever reason.

Just watched "Golden Triangle (Part I)" the other day, and detective Ross is quite obviously dubbed over with someone else's voice.

Naah, I don't think so. Det. Ross's voice is him like to me, suggest you check that out again. Doesn't look like a lip sync or dub.

But let's wait for Julian Byrd the Blu Ray pic from Brother's Keeper.

Edited by Joey Hardin

23 hours ago, ivoryjones said:

it's not him. It's Harold Bergman playing the judge, the other one I don't know who he is, but I suspect he played a small part right on the beginning of "Bad Timing" (he speaks about Crockett's mental state on "Bad Timing").

Harold Bergman isn't credited for playing the doctor either in Knock Knock Who's There?  its clearly him.

VIDEO_TS.IFO_001034400.png

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, Joey Hardin said:

Ok. Sorry, I was just trying to help.:(

On 2/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, summer84 said:

5pZpyev.jpg

nb2Kx78.jpg

I think this could be Captain Rodney. The Blu-ray could probably give a more clear picture of his face. 

This looks like the same guy...I think you’re probably right. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 3:13 PM, Joey Hardin said:

8 minutes ago, Caroline Crockett said:

No worries, Caroline...it was a good idea and/or possibility! :thumbsup: All characters and aspects of the show are interesting and fun to discuss and figure out. :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Caroline Crockett said:

Hey, no offense and no need to getting sad. It's ok, thank's for your effort by the way :) 

Edited by Joey Hardin
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Harold Bergman isn't credited for playing the doctor either in Knock Knock Who's There?  its clearly him.

VIDEO_TS.IFO_001034400.png

The judge on the pilot, isn't he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Hardin said:

Yes. I knew I’d noticed him in another episode, but couldn’t remember the scene. Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Yes. I knew I’d noticed him in another episode, but couldn’t remember the scene. Thanks!!

Wow the judge was back and Martha? Ha ha 

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Watching this great episode tonight where it all began - in HD/ Blu Ray.:hippie::tasse_prost:

Always a great night with the pilot  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Always a great night with the pilot  :thumbsup:

The best! Always a treat even though it’s not my birthday ha ha :fireworks::hippie::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

The best! Always a treat even though it’s not my birthday ha ha :fireworks::hippie::cheers:

Maybe Stan’s old lady will give you a black transparent tee shirt. :p

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe Stan’s old lady will give you a black transparent tee shirt. :p

Yes ha ha - even though we found out later Stan did not in fact have an old lady:) :funky:

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 2

On 2/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, Joey Hardin said:

That's correct and he is also in "Lombard" as a courtroom clerk.

lombard-0089.jpg

• Like 2