What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

On 1/5/2021 at 4:20 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Love that one, and the scene in which it's used.

That whole episode is genuinely a contender for my favourite from the entire series.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, Leigh Burne said:

Love that one, and the scene in which it's used.

That whole episode is genuinely a contender for my favourite from the entire series.

Really is excellent to hear it.

• 1 month later...

I just love the excitement of these songs in scenes from the early seasons, so full of life.

Captures the Miami nightlife in the 8O's

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 4

You can hardly hear the song in “Mirror Image,” but it’s a great! I prefer this live version from the music video to the album version, but both are great, as well as the original 1985 B-side version. I’ve been a Bunnymen fan for a long time. The bassist (Les Pattinson) is tied with James Jamerson for my favorite bassist. Very influential to my own music.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think this song needs more cowbell? :) I love the guitar that comes in about 1:16, such a simple line but beautiful. Evokes emotions I can’t explain.

This is great use of LinnDrum. You can tell they tuned the snare and rimshot way down (they’re tuned simultaneously). The de-tuned rimshot is that knocking sound throughout the song.

• Like 1

For some reason I’ve recently been really into listening to Honeymoon Suite’s “New Girl Now” again...been running to it, listening to it in the car, etc... I don’t know...it’s just one of those cool 80s songs (along with several of Phil Collins’) that just sort of screams Miami Vice to me! :radio:  It was used towards the beginning of Season 1’s “One Eyed Jack”. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting thing about that song - there was the album version and an edited-down single version, but the version on the Miami Vice II album is neither. It's an apparently unique edit somewhere in between the other two in terms of length.

• Like 2

Love this song, fitted so perfectly in that scene in "Dutch Oven" it even ended to perfection. The guy who picks the music for the show was a genius.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 10:16 AM, Kladdagh said:

One of my favorite  ... Maybe because of my childhood :thumbsup:

one of my series fav

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Baba O' Riley by The Who (rollerskaters, Little Richard, can't beat it). He he, I remember my mother had that album; she was forever amused by the cover of that particular The Who album (same with The Rolling Stones and their "Sticky Fingers" album:). Mom!). That's what I love about Vice, they have The Who, The Doors, and Jefferson Airplane (Slick!) included with their episode soundtrack library.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, ViceFanMan said:

For some reason I’ve recently been really into listening to Honeymoon Suite’s “New Girl Now” again...been running to it, listening to it in the car, etc... I don’t know...it’s just one of those cool 80s songs (along with several of Phil Collins’) that just sort of screams Miami Vice to me! :radio:  It was used towards the beginning of Season 1’s “One Eyed Jack”. 

I've been listening to "New Girl Now" a lot lately, and my YouTube mix suggestion has been including it often in the past few weeks (well, there HAVE been hot summer nights, right:p?).

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 4:16 AM, Kladdagh said:

One of my favorite  ... Maybe because of my childhood :thumbsup:

"Mercy" is one I got to a YouTube playlist early (Playlist #6; up to #21 now). Wow, that "ting" instrumental beginning at the 1:14 mark is what I love about a lot of 80s tunes (I call it the "crystalline effect"; the reason "Everywhere" is my favorite Fleetwood Mac song is due to it having the tings and that crystalline effect in abundance. I just love that ting!). Also, I feel that the lyrics are heartfelt, and the song itself was inserted into the right place in the episode it was included in. I think it's difficult to forget 'Stone's War' anyway, but this song definitely leaves a permanent impression for me.

51 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I've been listening to "New Girl Now" a lot lately, and my YouTube mix suggestion has been including it often in the past few weeks (well, there HAVE been hot summer nights, right:p?).

Lol...definitely hot where I’m at!  :hot:;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol...definitely hot where I’m at!  :hot:;)

Yeah, I think it was 94 degrees in South Mandarin a few days ago (Sunday); that's serious heat!

50 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Yeah, I think it was 94 degrees in South Mandarin a few days ago (Sunday); that's serious heat!

It’s been anywhere from 89-100 degrees where I’m at, for a couple months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

It’s been anywhere from 89-100 degrees where I’m at, for a couple months. 

I always say the 80s are the best:). Seriously though, 100 degrees is a bit much, especially with humidity taken into account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I always say the 80s are the best:). Seriously though, 100 degrees is a bit much, especially with humidity taken into account.

You know it! It might be 97 in actual temperature, but with the humidity it feels like 105...especially if it rained the night before. 

• Like 1