The MIAMI VICE Experience

Erix

Hello everyone... Some of you have already discovered this. But for those who haven't, I hope it provides a good time.I have a Miami Vice-themed blog over on Chud.com that you might enjoy. I'm going through the whole series one episode at a time. I'm already up to #12. I'll post the ones I've done so you can catch up and then will keep you guys up to date each time I publish a new one.BROTHER'S KEEPERHEART OF DARKNESSCOOL RUNNIN'CALDERONE'S RETURNCALDERONE'S RETURN PART IIONE EYED JACKNO ESCAPETHE GREAT McCARTHYGLADESGIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLELITTLE PRINCEMILK RUNEnjoy and feel free to leave comments. It will be nice to know you stopped by.GOLDEN TRIANGLE should be up in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erix

• MrsEvanFreed

• Viceman Cometh

• Matt5

Candy shoud've been a recurring character, the actress had great chemisty with Don Johnson. No tacked on tragedy, well maybe for that THAI Assassin guy,lol!Funny review. :thumbsup:

General Lao Li was a great nemesis, wish they had bought him back at least one more time.Another high point was Mann's musical piece The Trial and the Search.Which plays in the final act, when Lao Li confronts his stupid Grandsons and orders their execution. Which is thwarted by Castillo and the OCB.Funny review. :thumbsup:

Thanks!Keep reading, it's only going to get better. Smuggler's Blues will be up in a day or two.I agree that Lao Li was too fascinating for just one appearance.

Your doing a great job' date=' always good laughs. I can't help but wonder what your going to say about Missing Hours.[/quote'] And Tale of the Goat.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don

I read some episodes in your blog and, to be honest, this ironical / cynical / critical writing gets old and is misjudged all over the place. Not my style.

Sorry it isn't your cup of tea Don. My only goal is to entertain. Not only my readers, but myself as well.There's 111 episodes on this thing. I just don't see how I could go through it by treating it as if it were Chekov.Although I poke fun, I am trying to do so affectionately. And, if you read between the lines, there is serious analysis. It's just done with a tongue-in-cheek approach.And taking that approach will be very helpful in later seasons, believe me.But it's okay if you don't like it. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Yeah, I figured sooner or later someone would take issue with the non-reverential tone. But the affection is there plain as day. It's appropriate for a lot of us Vice fans who do have to chuckle to ourselves, My God it's been 25 years and I still love this stuff!

I'm glad you see through the snark Viceman. I love this stuff too. But how can I not have a little bit of fun with it? It was a critically acclaimed show in its day and was taken seriously. But it is so keyed in to its era that a lot of it is unavoidably kitsch now.Still... Olmos always delivered a very compelling performance as Castillo. And Glenn Frey is legitimately good in Smuggler's Blues. He has a laconic presence that brings to mind The Dude's younger brother or something.

Great review, definitley worth the wait.Jimmy was mentioned in a later episode, too bad Glen Frey never reprised the role. Though he did appear on Nash Bridges.Also had a recurring role on the CBS Cop Drama Wiseguy, during the Dead Dog Records story arc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Serious work commitments and some personal issues got in the way of my updating. But I've sorted it out and you can expect these to go back to the pace they were before the hiatus.Here's the first... Enjoy.RITES OF PASSAGE

LOL @ operatic lovemaking, so true.The sex scene between Tubbs and Valerie was understated, but still very hot.Plus Jan Hammer's theme for them was a great touch.Cyndi Lauper's hubby occasionally appears on Law and Order:SVU s a smary Defense Attorney.Another great review, worth the wait.

Erix, it's been a long, lonely walk in the desert without these. Thanks for the fresh one!"...the sort of ego that made you want to shoot him out of a cannon into the Agean Sea." Brilliant.Alan Funt reference. +1.

Hi Erix!I've only read the first two so far but I LOVE it! Love your sense of humor! Can't wait to read your reviews on the Burnett Trilogy! Though I guess, that'll be a while..I'll keep on reading!Thanks a lot!:thumbsup:

oops, forgot.. the shots are awesome and I also enjoy the "the fashion that kicks your ass" ..hope you won't miss the socks in high heels :D