The MIAMI VICE Experience

Erix

QUOTE=sonnysgirl;235298]oops, forgot.. the shots are awesome and I also enjoy the "the fashion that kicks your ass" ..hope you won't miss the socks in high heels :D[/quoteLOL at socks in high heels! :D:DThat reminds me of the nightclub scene where the cameral pans in on the dancing feet, in the episode Free Verse. CLASSIC! :dance:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erix

• MrsEvanFreed

• Viceman Cometh

• Matt5

Thanks for all the support.You can expect at least one more this week.

Hi Erix!I've only read the first two so far but I LOVE it! Love your sense of humor! Can't wait to read your reviews on the Burnett Trilogy! Though I guess' date=' that'll be a while..I'll keep on reading!Thanks a lot!:thumbsup:[/quote']That will be a while. And you've got some catching up to do... Pleased you enjoy the "tendency" rundowns. .....These blogs are a lot of fun for me to do. But to know that other Vice fans are getting a kick out of them is even better.

Ah yes, Tubbs and Co. takedown the Menudo Gangbangers.This is one of the MV episodes that I simply can't stand.PMT blatantly shilling a song from his Triple Concrete album.Poor usage of Marcellus WallaceJay O. Sanders as a typical cliched asshole tv cop.Great review though, look forward to the next one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well this guy is still active on Chud.com, posting a film review recently as 10/27/11Guess he has scrapped the project here, might as well lock this thread down Mods.

• 1 month later...

*peeks around the corner**doesn't see anyone**crickets*Hello?....Ah... Um. Hi... Um... May I come in?Thanks.*sits down*And so... I am back in business. Why have I been away for so long? A number of factors... Most too uninteresting to go into. Suffice to say, I really missed doing this and I'm hoping the audience is still out there for it. I know I promised not to go away last time and then I went ahead and disappeared for months. But, this time, like the proverbial alcoholic...I promise I mean it! I'll be doing them on a regular basis again. This means AT LEAST one per week. In some cases, I'll do more. I might take a short break after each season. But not after season 1 because, let's face it, I already took a pretty long vacation and I have work to do! So... Here we go and thanks for your continued interest.MADE FOR EACH OTHER(Oh... And just as a clarification, I haven't been as "active" on Chud as it may have appeared. Most of those film reviews that were posted had already been written months in advance. They were just posted on those dates. I have been neglecting a lot of my writing, to be honest. But I really am back now.)

Never was a fan of Made For Each Other, but the review is hilarious.Noogie's fingers still frighten me after all these yrs.Oh and welcome back Erix! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvia Miles was hilarious, too bad she didn't pop up again.This was the 2nd episode to feature one of my favorite Jan Hammer tracks.Night Talk.Another funny review. :thumbsup:

Those ridiculous hoodlums knocked this one down a few pts for me.Especially Michael Carmine, who returns in a later season as annother equally annoying character.The scene where Gina grills Tubbs about Brenda, very sad to watch.Great review.

The Gina scene is sad on several levels. You get the sense, throughout the series, that they never really knew what to do with her. There was the potential with both Gina and Trudy to do something interesting. But, ultimately, they usually served as props.I will have plenty to say about Gina when I cover "Heroes of the Revolution," but that's still a ways off.

"Heroes of the Revolution," but that's still a ways off.

Actually, what you're noticing might be the show's slow and eventually total evolution into "The Don Johnson Show." The producers had built a wonderful ensemble cast, but an icon (like DJ was in the 80s) only comes around every so often and they completely shifted the focus of the show, as seasons went on, to capitalize on his meteoric popularity. It's one of the great tragedies of the show, because it could have been so much more.

Actually' date=' what you're noticing might be the show's slow and eventually total evolution into "The Don Johnson Show." The producers had built a wonderful ensemble cast, but an icon (like DJ was in the 80s) only comes around every so often and they completely shifted the focus of the show, as seasons went on, to capitalize on his meteoric popularity. It's one of the great tragedies of the show, because it could have been so much more.[/quote']Good point - but DJ did stand out from the rest of the cast considerably :D

Good point - but DJ did stand out from the rest of the cast considerably :D

As F-man always says (and I can't disagree) "It was Crockett's show." He was always the "main" character, the guy who was supposed to be our entry point into the show. But I do firmly believe that DJ's unexpected popularity had an affect on the show's direction.

They managed to keep a healthy balance throughout the first two seasons. Maybe it wasn't an ensemble, but they really emphasized the "buddy movie" aspect of the show. Things began to really go off the rails later.But, don't worry, as dismal as it gets - I'll still have fun covering it. Just don't expect too many 4 Castillo episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
They managed to keep a healthy balance throughout the first two seasons. Maybe it wasn't an ensemble' date=' but they really emphasized the "buddy movie" aspect of the show. Things began to really go off the rails later.But, don't worry, as dismal as it gets - I'll still have fun covering it. Just don't expect too many 4 Castillo episodes.[/quote']The shift to MV becoming the Sonny Crockett Hour, DJ's overblown ego had to be a factor.Also think it was a major factor in John Diehl's S3 exit.JMO

Just want to give everyone a heads up. The spoilerific write-up for Evan will be ready in a couple of days. So, sit tight. It's one of my favorite episodes. I think yours too. I am giving it the care it deserves.

Just want to give everyone a heads up. The spoilerific write-up for Evan will be ready in a couple of days. So' date=' sit tight. It's one of my favorite episodes. I think yours too. I am giving it the care it deserves.[/quote']Yay! I've been waiting for this one. :)