Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

No Dadrian, not in that area think west of there, it's on the bay.  airtommy our other avid detectives haven't weighed in yet.  I'll post a clue tomorrow if nobody gets it - or you can.

On October 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM, miamijimf said:

PDVD_003.jpg

Don't mean to be rude, this isn't my question, but I'm going to interject my own clue:  That yellow building is gone today.  The nearby building still exists.  It looks blue-ish in this photo, but it isn't blue in the other photo, so I think that blue hue is just an illusion. 

Edited by airtommy

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Must be Alton Road territory / "The Big Thaw" school area in Miami Beach ?!:D

Yes, IMO the building was roughly a block S of the school off Alton Rd. directly on the bay.  I also think the big building next to it is the building you see when the caddy pulls away from the Lab.  airtommy is the one who IDd the big building.

Edited by miamijimf

5 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yes, IMO the building was roughly a block S of the school off Alton Rd. directly on the bay.  I also think the big building next to it is the building you see when the caddy pulls away from the Lab.

PDVD_003.jpg.6452eccd211c3d11ca31bd0be48

Yes, the big blue-ish building right next to our brick building is the Miami Beach Housing Authority.  We see it in the background in "The Big Thaw" when they are at the "Fountain of Youth":

wp0_wpd0b2f6c3.png 

Here they are marked on satellite:   https://binged.it/2enB6Yg 

Edited by airtommy

On October 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM, miamijimf said:

PDVD_008.jpg

I just don't get this photo.  The water tower is gone now but is easy to find at historicaerials.com . It's on the little triangular property at Alton Road & 1st Street.  But I just don't see a row of houses on the left side of a street leading to the water tower.

Ya I don't see the houses at http://www.historicaerials.com/

They don't look like Miami type houses either.  After the 1926 hurricane they didn't build many wooden houses that close to the shoreline.  Maybe it's a false front like they use to fake the main street in western movies?  But why would they bother?

Edited by miamijimf

Ok, I figured it out.  I kept looking at all the streets around the water tower and just couldn't find anything even remotely like the picture.  The problem is that I wasn't squinting hard enough.  The houses are gone in the nice clear 1986 aerial.  To see them you have to go to the 1980 aerial, but it is really fuzzy AND the company logo is right on top of the houses.

Hot_Stuff1.png

green = Alton Road

purple = 1st Street

yellow = water tower

Hot_Stuff2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
Just now, miamijimf said:

French Twist, Villa Regina, Tubbs meets the valet (while Bandi is on the phone with the Vice squad).

Sorry Jim ! Not correct - This is a really hard question only diehards may get it - I'll give it a little while then I'll throw in a clue .

I was at this location Today :D:done:

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Sorry Jim ! Not correct - This is a really hard question only diehards may get it - I'll give it a little while then I'll throw in a clue .

I was at this location Today :D:done:

looks very familiar, hmmm ....

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

Is it where the guy jumps out of the window at the end of Indian Wars?

Yes 420 Brickell Key Drive on Brickell Key Island well done !

IMG_0670.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

New Case 

Episode and Scene please ?!:done:

IMG_2220.JPG

2 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I don't know the answer, but I like this question.  Were those steps seen in the ep/scene in question?

Is it the safe house from "Free Verse"? (other episodes also)

• Like 1

Just now, Dadrian said:

Is it the safe house from "Free Verse"? (other episodes also)

Yay! Well done I had hoped that would stump a few of you - but no of course these steps were seen in "Free Verse" and the house was used in "Blood and Roses" also . It was "Free Verse" I was looking for 

The house is of course at 191 Ocean Bvld in Golden Beach with a nice view also of the Turnberry Isle Condo in Aventura seen in many episodes:done:

• Like 1