Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

On 2 August 2016 at 8:17 PM, Crockettt said:

Lombard - Crockett & Tubbs tailing Lombart over Miami River. Great view of sadly demolished Dupont Plaza.

Great shot Jim ?! From the "Lombard" episode?!

:D:dance:

On August 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Dadrian said:

Looks like the house seen on "Bushido" when Marty reunites with his old friend. 

Was this correct, Jim?

Matt, yes my earlier post of the Dupont Plaza on the Miami River is  screen cap from Lombard.

On 8/22/2016 at 9:16 PM, Dadrian said:

Looks like the house seen on "Bushido" when Marty reunites with his old friend. 

Ya Dadrian the below photo is the "Buddhist Temple" from Bushido where Marty reunites with his old friend.  It's 21 Palm Ave on Palm Island.

21 Palm Ave on Palm Island.JPG

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2016 at 6:17 PM, miamijimf said:

Matt, yes my earlier post of the Dupont Plaza on the Miami River is  screen cap from Lombard.

Ya Dadrian the below photo is the "Buddhist Temple" from Bushido where Marty reunites with his old friend.  It's 21 Palm Ave on Palm Island.

You took to the waters around Coral Gables , Jim ?!

59 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Sorry Im thinking of the "Back in the World " house - I mean Palm Island in this case :D:fireworks:

Matt - This was a boat trip I took several years go with DanJ and airtommy.  Great trip, we put out money together and rented a boat and skipper.  Cruised by Stiltsville and other spots.  We talked about getting permission to land on a Stiltsville house on the next trip but unfortunately it never happened.

On 26 August 2016 at 10:04 PM, miamijimf said:

Matt - This was a boat trip I took several years go with DanJ and airtommy.  Great trip, we put out money together and rented a boat and skipper.  Cruised by Stiltsville and other spots.  We talked about getting permission to land on a Stiltsville house on the next trip but unfortunately it never happened.

Great Jim - what year roughly was it ?:D

21 hours ago, thedeparted94 said:

Looks like the shopping centre at the start of "The Maze"..(Just as crockett is rolling into cover from gun-fire)

Correct :cool:  The scene was filmed at the Seybold Arcade i.e. the First floor of the Seybold bldg. 36 NE 1st St Miami.  The building is home to 280 jewelry stores.   

Edited by miamijimf

• 1 month later...

Just watched Hot Stuff filmed in Miami in 1979 with Dom DeLuise, Suzanne Pleshette, and Jerry Reed (Burt's sidekick in Smokey and the Bandit).  Some funny moments.  Pre-Vice Miami looks rather bare.  Where is this brick building located?

PDVD_003.jpg

View from the bay but roughly in the middle:

PDVD_007.jpg

View out the front door: (probably the same building)

PDVD_008.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

PDVD_007.jpg

PDVD_008.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Excellent screencaps!  Yeah, I watched this movie this summer.  Terrible movie, but I can't help but watch something filmed in 1970s Miami.  I'll leave the trivia question for others to work on.  Did you notice where they were when they went by boat to meet some people?  It has a MV connection.  :p

The 3rd picture is baffling to me.  I don't see how all the background arrangement is possible from any angle.

Edited by airtommy

8 hours ago, Crockettt said:

It looks like Terminal Island.

I forgot to mention this building no longer exists but one seen several times in Vice (gone also) can be seen.

Crockettt - Good guess but no. 

airtommy - I figured you could find it and almost put the trivia question in part 1 of location trivia.  If the 3d pic is not a view out the back door of the brick building, where was it shot?  Has to be the same neighborhood.

Edited by miamijimf

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

I forgot to mention this building no longer exists but one seen several times in Vice (gone also) can be seen.

Actually, TWO buildings seen in both the 1st and 2nd pic were also seen in MV!

When somebody figures out the 1st & 2nd pic, I'll explain what trouble I'm having with the 3rd pic.

I'm stumped ! Completely 

The only two white buildings I can think of that look like that are the one seen in "LMD"/"Lombard" in North Miami and the one seen in "Prodigal Son" / "Made for Each Other":D but both of those are still standing 

On October 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM, miamijimf said:

PDVD_003.jpg

I can't believe nobody recognizes the yellow building on the left off in the distance!  And the blue building looming over the brick building ...