Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

trivia1.png

We see this building at night and off in the distance.   One more clue:  this location has been found, but incorrectly.   :p

The key feature and probably the only thing you'd recognize from the scene is the series of short concrete columns at the edge of the roof.

Notice the walk signal in my photo?  You see that lit up in this night-time scene, a location that we wondered about for years before it was found.

trivia1.png

We see this building at night and off in the distance.   One more clue:  this location has been found, but incorrectly.   :p

Sorry for milking this question for so long, I'll probably post the answer this weekend.  Again, we only barely see the building.  It's a block away and at night.  You do see the columns sticking out of the roof.  You do see the walk signal.  This was a long-hunted location.

Final clue: this is a screen capture, yellow arrows point to the building in my photo.  This is just a brief shot in the scene.  The focal point of the scene is off-camera to the right in this picture.

wp7f830141.png

Edited by airtommy

Gotta be the last building standing on the SW 8th Street block where the drug lab was blown up in Milk Run.  I got the Milk Run clue and searched the episode but you never get a really clear view of that building.

Gotta be the last building standing on the SW 8th Street block where the drug lab was blown up in Milk Run.  I got the Milk Run clue and searched the episode but you never get a really clear view of that building.

You got it!

:balloon:  :balloon:  :balloon:

I was hoping my mention of the walk signal might help somebody get this, but maybe the discussion was too many years ago.  That signal was discussed during the hunt (in the "Calling All Detectives" thread.  Also, after the location was identified there was some speculation as to why the signal was missing.

P.S.  It's not SW 8th St.  I'll post full details soon.   ;)

Edited by airtommy

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2015 at 4:24 PM, miamijimf said:

Way to go Jim!  Great deducing!  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

Name the episode and scene where we see this:

2h4l0yh.jpg

Good question.  The back of Sarah's house in Yankee Dollar?

Oops forgot the scene.  You see this view of the house when Sonny and Rico drive back to Sarah's house and find two guys there, one was the guy who wanted to sell her a car. 

22 hours ago, Crockettt said:

2h4l0yh.jpg

I know I'm OT here, but whoever lives in this beautiful spot is one lucky person!  :thumbsup:

Okay...carry on.  :p

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I came across this photo recently it looked ideal for location trivia.  Not difficult.  Need episode and scene.

uuuii (2).jpg

22 hours ago, miamijimf said:

When I came across this photo recently it looked ideal for location trivia.  Not difficult.  Need episode and scene.

uuuii (2).jpg

bump

I screwed this up guys.  I relied too much on the below CGlide photo he took of a location from a Pilot scene where Sonny is riding in Leon's car from about 640 Collins.  It is definitely the same block.  But I didn't scan the scene first on the DVD, like I usually do, before posting a trivia problem to make sure it can be found.  I just now scanned the scene slowly, but I can't easily find the match.  I'm sure it is there, Charlie can see it but I haven't found it yet.  If I don't see the match I can't expect anyone else to see it.  Please don't bend my MV badge.  :(

Charlies.png

Charlies.png

Edited by miamijimf

On April 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM, miamijimf said:

uuuii (2).jpg

OK, I just watched the scene.  Once they start driving, Leon's first clip catches the Sisley and United stores in your photo.  Crockett's second clip does the same.  Crockett's 3rd clip shows the "640" store seen in CGlide's photo.

Even though I studied this scene in depth recently, I didn't immediately recognize it here.  

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

OK, I just watched the scene.  Once they start driving, Leon's first clip catches the Sisley and United stores in your photo.  Crockett's second clip does the same.  Crockett's 3rd clip shows the "640" store seen in CGlide's photo.

Even though I studied this scene in depth recently, I didn't immediately recognize it here.  

I thought it was part of the montage seen at the end of "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" but they shot mainly on Washington:D:dance2::dance2: