Marshall's Has Crockett Linen Blazers!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

[SIZE="4"">

T-Shirt Alert

I saw a t-shirt at K Mart with their brand name and "Vintage Wash" labeling. It had a pale pastel shade' date=' and was designed to fade with washing, making it perfect to recreate the faded pastel shirt colors from S 1 & 2. They had several pastels, including blue and pink and yellow. This is a rarity, as other t-shirt makers seem to have gone to a process that prevents the fading of colors. I already had the other colors, so I picked up the pale pink on Saturday. It pretty much matches the shirt on Coop here:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=2029&page=8Scroll to bottom of page.
Dont' forget that these shirts like I wore in the photo came from TARGET, and are most likely still for sale there (and on the website). There are wonderful, with great colors like lavender (like I wear in the photo.) Lavender for guys is a HARD color to get, so I advise getting one now. I even bought a second one as a back up.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• aussiefan

Dont' forget that these shirts like I wore in the photo came from TARGET' date=' and are most likely still for sale there (and on the website). There are wonderful, with great colors like lavender (like I wear in the photo.) Lavender for guys is a HARD color to get, so I advise getting one now. I even bought a second one as a back up. [/quote']Fooled me, then. Guess it depends on the monitor, as the lavender shirt looked pale pink. I concur on the Marshalls and BCF statement, but I did get one jacket from BCF this weekend for business, not linen. Old Navy had some linen/cotton long sleeve shirts on the clearance rack, black and brown for $14.99, solid color. They looked like a possible candidate for that shirt/jacket transformation that you did. I grabbed the last solid black in large. I am going to cut off tails and sew up for a straight across bottom hem, but the rest of it won't work for what you did, so I'm not going to risk it. I'll wear it like you did, t-shirt under and unbuttoned. Here's an interesting trend in men's jackets that I have not seen mentioned here before. I speak of the jacket with "embroidering made to look like a tattoo". I saw a perfect S2 pale blue linen jacket at BCF, except for this weird "tattoo like embroidering" up one sleeve and on the body of the jacket. It looked goofy, and probably only could be worn by a guy under 25 who's doing the "hipster look" thing (not me).

Yeah, I've seen those tattoo shirts and jackets too. Not my thing.Can we see your shirt/ blazer when it's finished? I'm looking for different buttons for my "BLAZER" shirt. The one I use for illustration was not sewn, as it's too big. I need a nice smaller one that I can get at a fabric store for about $2.00.

Can we see your shirt/ blazer when it's finished? I'm looking for different buttons for my "BLAZER" shirt. The one I use for illustration was not sewn' date=' as it's too big. I need a nice smaller one that I can get at a fabric store for about $2.00.[/quote']Absolutely, pal. Currently undergoing alterations now. I'll check the Target men's - for that lavender shirt later. Was at Kohl's recently, and want to take a look at the Carreras at Dillard's out of curiosity, but I'm happy w my Ray-Bans. Check Wal Mart - lots of buttons and sewing supplies there. Should have the size button you want.

I didn't think of WAL MART (simply because I go only when I have to) but I may do that. I'm going to make sure that I wear the shirt / blazer to make sure I get a good match.Check TARGET's website for the shirts too.

• Administrators

Here's an interesting trend in men's jackets that I have not seen mentioned here before. I speak of the jacket with "embroidering made to look like a tattoo". I saw a perfect S2 pale blue linen jacket at BCF, except for this weird "tattoo like embroidering" up one sleeve and on the body of the jacket. It looked goofy, and probably only could be worn by a guy under 25 who's doing the "hipster look" thing (not me).

Talk about ruining a good jacket! :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but kids today love the tats, and the unfitted black clothes with skulls look. It's todays look.

Talk about ruining a good jacket! :thumbsdown:

Hey Tim, How about ruining a new pair of jeans before you even buy them with holes & cuts & fake dirt marks........all at $35 a pair! Ridiculous.In the 70's they bought a cheap pair & washed them in chlorox, it did the job!

• Administrators

Back in the day my cousins would buy designer jeans for over 100 buck and then mutilate them with scissors! :eek:I about croaked when I saw what they paid and then to cut them up???

Think I'll go to K-MART (why do they always have to be in the seedy area of town?) to check out the shirts RICHIE RICH suggested.

Think I'll go to K-MART (why do they always have to be in the seedy area of town?) to check out the shirts RICHIE RICH suggested.
Here's the label wording -Basic EditionsVintage WashThat's how it appears on the label. There was a low supply of the pastels at the store I checked - so don't know if one store will have all colors & sizes?Added to "Wardrobe Basics for Vicers" thread:
Their own t-shirt brand (Basic Editions) has a version designed to fade with washing available in light pastel colors' date=' labeled Basic Editions - Vintage Wash. They have pink and blue and yellow. This makes it possible to recreate the faded pastels of the first 2 seasons. This is rare, as other shirt makers have gone to fade resistant design.[/quote']More here:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1781

I don't know if they will have all the colors.I just have the need to drive to the worst place in town to get to the store that may, or may not have them.Hey, I'm bored! (I'd hate going there in that neck of the woods. Hope nobody car jacks me.)

I don't know if they will have all the colors.I just have the need to drive to the worst place in town to get to the store that may' date=' or may not have them.Hey, I'm bored! (I'd hate going there in that neck of the woods. Hope nobody car jacks me.)[/quote']You big city guys - you get all the good looking women, all the best concerts and events, and major sports teams and sports events, and all the best museums and other stuff. So, if you have to drive through ...The way I look at it, it's just "evening things out, karma wise", compared to us small town guys. So there ...;)

• Administrators

(I'd hate going there in that neck of the woods. Hope nobody car jacks me.)

That's why I carry a gun! :)

That's why I carry a gun! :)

Can you please put day-glo orange stripes on your car?That way, I'll know not to cut you off in traffic. Thanks for your cooperation!!

• Administrators

Not in my area. They were out for a very short time and only in white/off white color.Would love to find an X-Large in black.

I could go for a new Andrew Feza from Marshall's for $20. Have these been spotted around lately?

No, nothing. I don't think any have been produced.

I went (and lived) to K-MART, and saw the shirts that could fade. I also saw three button henleys! They were about 5 bucks.I didn't buy anything. The shirts that fade are nice, but I've seen Eddie Bauer selling similar shirts (for much more money), and I really like the (I don't think there are any more now) GAP super thin and soft pastel shirts. Darker colors are now making their way into stores now.Hope you got them when I first mentioned them!-COOP

RAG is a pretty famous urban clothing store (read: marketed more towards "minorities") in the mezzanine area in the 42nd Street Subway station, where you can go from the uptown ACE trains to the downtown ACE trains and vice versa. There are two separate stores stores on each side of the mezzanine because the station's pretty long (about 1800 feet+ from end to end). I've seen some of the blazers on mannequins in the store windows. The lapels weren't ironed down, and the blazer looked kinda heavy and stiff. It definitely had an "urban" and cheap look to it. But it still looked workable, I guess.