Marshall's Has Crockett Linen Blazers!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

It's THREE button and I don't recal too many beigh jackets with three buttons being worn by Sonny???????????????????

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• aussiefan

Remember, it doesn't say that it was worn on MIAMI VICE, just that DON JOHNSON allegedly owned it.

Believe me when I say that it's not even a Versace.

At which point the owner will state "Versace?, oh I'm so sorry - I meant to type Versici. That's the designer."

The "Men's Fashion Expert" from About.com agrees with us Vicers! I disagree with alot of the stuff that this supposed "fashion expert" states, like recommending alot of brown colors, and recommending that brown pants look good with a dark blue jacket (no, it doesn't, you knothead). He does get it right (some of the time), like here for instance (turns out that us Vicers had it right all along, also justification that the Season 5 look is still cool): A white blazer with jeans is super cool:http://mensfashion.about.com/od/dressingonabudget/ss/4YOU_4.htm?terms=white+blazer This was mildly entertaining also (not saying that I agree with his fashion advice, some of which is pretty dumb): The Perfect Casual Look for Spring and Summer;http://mensfashion.about.com/od/wardrobebasics/tp/PoloShirts.htm Top Picks in Men's Sunglasses:http://mensfashion.about.com/od/shoesbeltsandmore/ss/FavSunglasses.htm Wardrobe Basics:http://mensfashion.about.com/od/wardrobebasics/Wardrobe_Basics.htm# And finally. a subject we have discussed many times: Real Men Wear Pink:http://mensfashion.about.com/od/wardrobebasics/a/pink.htm

I still have a couple of white 2-button Fezza blazers from 3 years ago. I can let them go for $25 total. They never really fit me that well' date=' since I'm technically a M-L shoulder-wise, but I have long arms. I actually bought them because they were the only ones available at the time. PM me if you want them, and any other details.[/quote']I just want to let everybody know what a pleasure it was to get one of these blazers from dchan. My new to me blazer arrived in first class condition!:clap:

I just want to let everybody know what a pleasure it was to get one of these blazers from dchan. My new to me blazer arrived in first class condition!:clap:

I'm glad it arrived in one piece! I take it that it fit you well, even in its rumpled condition?

Wardrobe Basics (For Vicers):Basic pastel colors in 3-button henleys:The basics are pastel blue, pink, and "banana yellow", you may also add green and orange, as long as they are a light pastel color, and not "bright orange". Also add white and black henleys. Red and earthtones are not permitted, although this rule may be broken as you see fit. Green henley was seen in S2 "Definitely Miami", it was a very pale shade. Eingefügtes Bild

I'm glad it arrived in one piece! I take it that it fit you well' date=' even in its rumpled condition?[/quote']It arrived in great condition! Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

T J Maxx has a brand name casual white linen pant that I spotted in Florida yesterday.The brand is Cubavera, which I have seen at Macys for list price, and T J Maxx had it for $20. Casual style has a front drawstring and an elastic waist, which means that you can tie the drawstring, and then tuck it in the front (no belt) - now it's Vice style.

T J Maxx has a brand name casual white linen pant that I spotted in Florida yesterday.The brand is Cubavera' date=' which I have seen at Macys for list price, and T J Maxx had it for $20. Casual style has a front drawstring and an elastic waist, which means that you can tie the drawstring, and then tuck it in the front (no belt) - now it's Vice style.[/quote']Can you cut the drawstrings off?

Can you cut the drawstrings off?

Probably' date=' if the fit is just right. Only comes in S, M & L. For me, I get Medium, which states it is for 32-34 waist, but I still tie the drawstring. I then tuck it in to the top of the pants. If you are wearing your shirt untucked, then it doesn't matter.Oh - and to show you what a good deal this is, here they are at Macy's for the list price of $58, same pant being sold by T J Maxx for $20. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=143685&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_resultsAs you can see from the picture, they look good with sandals and an untucked shirt.

My problem with most linen drawstring pants for me is the length is too long.

Yeah that's a pain' date=' but I have a place in town that does a hem for $7, so it's still cheaper than the dept. store price with the cost of alteration added in. I think it's a great summer casual look, and you can be different than everyone else wearing faded blue jeans. Here's a salmon color drawstring linen pant I just got:[img']http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/31Q2BPDM-82L__SS400_.jpgYeah, I know - when will I find a salmon color 2 button patch pocket linen jacket (end scene of One Way Ticket)? I'm looking - I'm looking.

My problem with most linen drawstring pants for me is the length is too long.

Short legs? ;):)

Here's a salmon color drawstring linen pant I just got:Eingefügtes Bild

I like it, it's Crockett style! (hope you didn't buy the flip flops as well... :))

My legs are not too short, pants always fit me fine. But for some reason, these draw string types always seem to be too long. They drag on the ground, that's why I stopped looking at them. It seems that virtually every maker makes this style way too long.Perhaps you have long legs.

I like it' date=' it's Crockett style! (hope you didn't buy the flip flops as well... [/quote']No - I've got black canvas top loafers, to go with the black 3-button henley, or the white canvas shoes and white henley look good with these pants too.Crockett style? I think there is a couple of episodes with him wearing pants this color - he has them on in Sons and Lovers from S2, at the 2 shootouts at the end.

My legs are not too short' date=' pants always fit me fine. But for some reason, these draw string types always seem to be too long. They drag on the ground, that's why I stopped looking at them. It seems that virtually every maker makes this style way too long.Perhaps you have long legs.[/quote']Don't you just hate that? I hate it when they're long: not only they dust the pavement, they also go under the heels! :evil:I rarely have this problem, for me it's the opposite: find a pair that's long enough. Designers have unfinished hems so I sometimes buy their pants and make the hem myself. That's the price I have to pay for being long legged. Hey, long legged is Crockett's type, he mentioned that in a couple of episodes! I'm Crockett's type!!! :happy:

Don't you just hate that? I hate it when they're long: not only they dust the pavement' date=' they also go under the heels! :evil:I rarely have this problem, for me it's the opposite: find a pair that's long enough. Designers have unfinished hems so I sometimes buy their pants and make the hem myself. That's the price I have to pay for being long legged. Hey, long legged is Crockett's type, he mentioned that in a couple of episodes! I'm Crockett's type!!! :happy:[/quote']You sure are. But according to Tubbs, the description would be "Kinky".

For all that matters, Tubbs also indicated "the bearded lady at the circus" :) (I'm NOT bearded, nor hairy) I too have noticed that drawstrings are really too long, but they also tend to shrink after many washings. That's why I never make a permanent hem: I make a temporary one with double sided scotch tape :eek: and when the fabric has adjusted, I make the definitive one.

• 1 month later...
T-Shirt AlertI saw a t-shirt at K Mart with their brand name (Basic Editions) and "Vintage Wash" labeling. It had a pale pastel shade, and was designed to fade with washing, making it perfect to recreate the faded pastel shirt colors from S 1 & 2. They had several pastels, including blue and pink and yellow. This is a rarity, as other t-shirt makers seem to have gone to a process that prevents the fading of colors. I already had the other colors, so I picked up the pale pink on Saturday. It pretty much matches the shirt on Coop here:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=2029&page=8Scroll to bottom of page (which looks pink on my monitor, but Coop advises that it is lavender)

I've got so many shirts.....AWW hell, maybe I'll go check it out. :)I saw linen unlined blazers at KOHL'S. I also saw three button henleys there, but with a fake shirt sewn it to give it a layered look.I've not seen any andrew fezza blazers at MARSHALL'S, T.J.MAX, or BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY for a LONG time.I hope everyone took my advice when they could and got these when they were available. There are the best bang for the buck.