Marshall's Has Crockett Linen Blazers!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• aussiefan

Got my blazers from Old Navy. For the price they seem well made' date=' but I never dressed as good as Sonny so my opinion may not carry to much weight. For me they seem to run on the small side and I will be returning them for a bigger size. If you live near an Old Navy I suggest you try the store to try them on.[/quote']For some reason, my stores don't carry them.:rolleyes:

If you live near an Old Navy I suggest you try the store to try them on.

Gary, I would do that, but now I fear that even the bigger stores in the cities don't have them in stock. Has anyone seen them in a store? I won't be hitting any cities until Indianapolis next month. How did the jacket look (quality, fabric, etc.)?RE: Wal-Mart - no cotton 3-button henleys this spring. Looks like we are out of luck, after they stocked them the past 3 years, each spring. I'm glad I stocked up.

Gary' date=' I would do that, but now I fear that even the bigger stores in the cities don't have them in stock. Has anyone seen them in a store? I won't be hitting any cities until Indianapolis next month. How did the jacket look (quality, fabric, etc.)?RE: Wal-Mart - no cotton 3-button henleys this spring. Looks like we are out of luck, after them stocked them the past 3 years, each spring. I'm glad I stocked up.[/quote']I think the quality and fabric looked good and they came with a extra button which I interpret as a sign of quality, but as I said I'm not a good judge of clothing. No one would ever accuse me of reading GQ Magazines.:D

... as I said I'm not a good judge of clothing. No one would ever accuse me of reading GQ Magazines.:D

Then that makes you just like all the rest of us :done:Lots of "average Joes" here, and I'm one of 'em.

Has onyone tried this online store http://www.studiosuits.com Hope I put the link in OKI bought a linen suit from them a couple of months back. You fill in your measurements and complete the whole order online. I think it was $120AUS delivered. You can choose fitted, semi baggy and baggy. They are made half lined but I requested unlined. Also mention if you want shoulder pads. I also got an extra breats pocket added. They seem very flexible and willing to work to your designs.They also clone coats and pants. Although they have standard colours and materials they say they will try and match your request. I am trying a cloned jacket soon.Will put a photo of my suit on if anyone is interested. I was going to add the picture now but I lent my camera out and the USB connector has not been returned. Should get it back today.

Has onyone tried this online store http://www.studiosuits.com Hope I put the link in OKI bought a linen suit from them a couple of months back. You fill in your measurements and complete the whole order online. I think it was $120AUS delivered. You can choose fitted' date=' semi baggy and baggy. They are made half lined but I requested unlined. Also mention if you want shoulder pads. I also got an extra breats pocket added. They seem very flexible and willing to work to your designs.They also clone coats and pants. Although they have standard colours and materials they say they will try and match your request. I am trying a cloned jacket soon.Will put a photo of my suit on if anyone is interested. I was going to add the picture now but I lent my camera out and the USB connector has not been returned. Should get it back today.[/quote']I wanna see it! :thumbsup:

RE: Wal-Mart - no cotton 3-button henleys this spring. Looks like we are out of luck' date=' after them stocked them the past 3 years, each spring. I'm glad I stocked up.[/quote']DITTO! :thumbsup:

Cooper&Burnett, I will post the pictures as soon as I get my USB cable back. Should be in the next 24.Memo to self: DO NOT LEND STUFF TO FAMILY!!!

Cool.I'm very interested in clothes. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:Looks like they make thier clothes in India.

OK. Here are the pictures of the suit I got from studio suits. Although they sell half lined, I got it completely unlined. Check out thier site and email them if you have any questions or extra design requests. As I said I am going to get a jackett cloned soon. But thier quality is good with this first custom suit. This was $99 but go up to about $175, I think depending on the material quality.Sorry the picture of the pants looks darker because the flash kept putting too much glare in that one for some reason.[ATTACH]1028[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1029[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1030[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1031[/ATTACH]

post-1029-13892963085109_thumb.jpg

post-1029-13892963085313_thumb.jpg

post-1029-13892963085503_thumb.jpg

post-1029-13892963085692_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cooper&Burnett, I'll let you know how a cloned jacket goes, but it won't be for a month or two. Thought you would like that they will copy suits and change them to you specs. And at $99 they are "at a price joo can afford".:D:):cheers:

Thanks Cooper&Burnett' date=' I'll let you know how a cloned jacket goes, but it won't be for a month or two. Thought you would like that they will copy suits and change them to you specs. And at $99 they are "at a price joo can afford".:D:):cheers:[/quote']CHOOGOTITMAING! :thumbsup:I would love to do that, but I just can't send off one of my vintage vice blazers to India. Too risky for me.:cry:I'm very interested in how it goes for you! :thumbsup:

I would love to do that, but I just can't send off one of my vintage vice blazers to India. Too risky for me.

:D I totally understand. I don't think I could either.I'll keep you posted on the clone.

Thanks again for the tip. I just bought one. If I like it enough' date=' I'll buy another. [/quote']You are welcome. I did like the color on the one I checked out at the store. I bought one last year, when this color was not named "Cremesicle", and it looks identical. It is my favorite henley color, in addition to the pastel "banana yellow".Some of my best finds lately have been at the thrift stores - I have found several '80s style blazers. None of them were Boss, Versaci or Armani. I did buy a new Hugo Boss blazer last year at Dolphin Mall on my last Miami vacation. It did cost big time $, but it was worth it. At least I now have a MV favored brand blazer. Still no Armani or Versace, however - maybe someday?

Rich, Armani are loads on ebay and imho best fit MV stylewise. Though you have got to be patient until one comes up that best fits the look.Versace as well but every now and then.Other brands I reccomend are: Malo, Gianfranco Ferre, Cerruti, Fioravanti, Ungaro, YSL and D&G (weren't present in 80s but are contemporary best looking).

Has onyone tried this online store http://www.studiosuits.com Hope I put the link in OKI bought a linen suit from them a couple of months back. You fill in your measurements and complete the whole order online. I think it was $120AUS delivered. You can choose fitted' date=' semi baggy and baggy. They are made half lined but I requested unlined. Also mention if you want shoulder pads. I also got an extra breats pocket added. They seem very flexible and willing to work to your designs.They also clone coats and pants. Although they have standard colours and materials they say they will try and match your request. I am trying a cloned jacket soon.Will put a photo of my suit on if anyone is interested. I was going to add the picture now but I lent my camera out and the USB connector has not been returned. Should get it back today.[/quote']Here is a jacket that needs to be cloned - and we have a whole group here that wants one, if that helps that we could buy in mass as a group, but personally sized, of course:Eingefügtes BildThen there is this one, Salmon color linen, 2 button jacket:Eingefügtes BildThis one, too:Eingefügtes Bild

The striped one is so cool, but I think in order to have one cloned, you must first send them an example. Nobody here has the stiped one, so we can't clone it.(also, when I find one, I'm not going to send it to India for it to be cloned)

The striped one is so cool' date=' but I think in order to have one cloned, you must first send them an example. Nobody here has the stiped one, so we can't clone it.(also, when I find one, I'm not going to send it to India for it to be cloned)[/quote']I'm not so sure, Coop. If they are skilled tailors, they should be able to reproduce the jacket, as long as they receive the photos from all angles. I remember the gray striped jacket has a waist belt in the back, that I think we would eliminate as it looks too '80s.

I'm not so sure' date=' Coop. If they are skilled tailors, they should be able to reproduce the jacket, as long as they receive the photos from all angles. I remember the gray striped jacket has a waist belt in the back, that I think we would eliminate as it looks too '80s.[/quote']I have just emailed "studio suits" with the pictures. Also explained there maybe a bulk order if they can reproduce these. Will let you all know their reply.Regards, aussiefan

I have just emailed "studio suits" with the pictures. Also explained there maybe a bulk order if they can reproduce these. Will let you all know their reply.HOLY COW!!That is AWESOME!!!!

I have just emailed "studio suits" with the pictures. Also explained there maybe a bulk order if they can reproduce these. Will let you all know their reply.Regards' date=' aussiefan[/quote']Great. I can have photos of all 3 jackets from all angles, taken as screen shots from the DVD. Let me know if they want these photos. Sending just one photo is good as a starter, because they can certainly tell us if they have the proper linen (or cotton /linen is the alternative) fabric in that specific color and also striped pattern. They should start with that - (1) do you want the bulk order from a group of guys?, and (2) do you have this fabric in linen or cotton / linen blend (see photo)? I recommend that we start that way.EDIT - these would also be unlined, so less cost to them to produce the style that we want.