• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cheetah

• Maria714

• Kristina

Thanks for posting these wonderful photos' date=' Coop! :)I didn't know that Meredith Baxter Birney and Don were in a movie together.[/quote']Yeah, I saw part of it on TV. He played......you guessed it, a cop. :)Many of his early roles seem to be cops.

I've seen this movie. Nothing particularly brilliant, to be honest - I got bored to the end, no matter how much I like detective and cop stories. But I enjoyed watching DJ, and there were some funny scenes with him and the Meredith.

I've seen this movie. Nothing particularly brilliant' date=' to be honest - I got bored to the end, no matter how much I like detective and cop stories. But I enjoyed watching DJ, and there were some funny scenes with him and the Meredith.[/quote']I agree. Not much there to enjoy.I just pretended that it was Crockett when he first joined the Police force a few years back. :)

:):):)There was also one scene that kind of fell out of the whole movie context (though I must admit I enjoyed it :)). But I think this one is for the ladies. ;) I mean - the whole movie was rather simply and "down-to-earth" (if you can say so about a movie... ?( just excuse my English), nothing much erotic, or aesthetic, to that matter (surely not MV, when they matched the color of walls and people's clothes). And in the middle of the film there is this scene, when DJ's character goes to bed and lies on it half-naked, posing beautifully and staring musingly into space. (Reminded me of a Renaissence painting, but with a man instead of a woman. LOL) It was so obviously not needed - he could just sleep in a T-shirt as well (it could be even more proper given that he slept on a couch in the office, or something like that). Seemed like the director just couldn't resist the temptation to show off this beautiful body. LOL (But like I've already said - I didn't mind... ;))

• 2 weeks later...

But I think we have to admit that he looks cool on the horse! :) :thumbsup:I've read once that DJ had worked as a horse trainer when young. :eek: (It was written on a theatre program for "Fortune and Men's Eyes"). Not sure that it's true, though, never heard it elsewhere. ?(

• 4 weeks later...

What do you get when you Cross Switek's favorite singer, and Crockett's pet?Answer:Don Johnson as ELVIS!Eingefügtes Bild

:) Nice pictures, thank you, Coop! I saw this movie too and liked it... though it wasn't very easy to abstract myself from DJ and believe a 100% percent that he is Elvis. Not because I didn't like his acting or something... but, you know - one celebrity playing the other... :) (Of course DJ wasn't that much of a celebrity at the time, but he is just soooo recognizable for me...) Actually, I would like to have Elvis' fans opinion about DJ's acting. Did he portray Elvis well? Considering that the main heroine prototype (I mean Elvis Presley's lover, can't remember her name on the spot) was some kind of consultant for the movie, and maybe even had her voice in casting, I suppose he must be good for the part, but it's difficult to make my own judgement.

• 10 months later...

Just reviewed this thread, I can't believe how many rare, young photos there are of DON. Some of the best ones are on many different pages within this thread. DEFINATELY worth the time invested checking out the pages in these threads to see some fantastic shots!The photos get better as the pages go on...

MADNESS! I'm Thrilled :eek:! What a wonderful thread - and I had it not yet discovered. Unbelievable! Thanks Coop for the re-calling today ! That was great! A small thank you I leave:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4521[/ATTACH] It shows Don with his sister, Sal Mineo and his mother after an presentation in 1969 ~ FORTUNES & MEN'S EYES. It is probably not the most beautiful picture of Don - but something special (I hope ...;)) Once again - great thread! :happy::D:DThanks to all adjusters !!!! :thumbsup::clap:

post-10115-13892963759895_thumb.jpg

MADNESS! I'm Thrilled :eek:! What a wonderful thread - and I had it not yet discovered. Unbelievable! Thanks Coop for the re-calling today ! That was great! A small thank you I leave:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4521[/ATTACH] It shows Don with his sister' date=' Sal Mineo and his mother after an presentation in 1969 ~ FORTUNES & MEN'S EYES. It is probably not the most beautiful picture of Don - but something special (I hope ...;)) Once again - great thread! :happy::D:DThanks to all adjusters !!!! :thumbsup::clap:[/quote']Your welcome! Not many visiting the scrapbook section as of late, as you have to jump thru hoops to find it now it seems.I like the expression of his sister. It's exactly what I would expect her expression to be after seeing a play where her brother acts as though he his raped in prison. :)

I like the expression of his sister. It's exactly what I would expect her expression to be after seeing a play where her brother acts as though he his raped in prison. :)

Oh Coop, good note :clap:. Exactly what I thought when I saw her facial expression for the first time in this photo.Now I stand with my opinion, no longer alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Eingefügtes Bild

Great pictures! Thanks for postingWhat are the letters on the side of the picture?I can read them I am just curious why they are there, never seen that before.