If Caitlin Davies had lived...

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

If Caitlin Davies had lived, Crockett would've had a new daughter or son, and would've definitely changed the impact on Season 5.Who agrees that it would be good?Who agrees that wouldn't?

Very good q!I could go either way on it-it would provide very interesting possibillities on storylines-like the impact on his son Billy,Maybe guilt from Sonny not spending enough time with his newborn etc but from what i feel most vice fans didn't like Caitlan-and im one of them-so im glad he didnt have a child with her-i prefer the undomesticated character Sonny.

• Like 2

I think that most fans disliked Sonny being married to Caitlin. I´m not sure whether it was only because they disliked Caitlin or if it was because they didn´t want to see their favorite character as a "normal" husband and maybe father.Of course, the makers would've had more possibilities for stories, but I don´t think that the fans would've liked it.It's the same with the other characters. Who would've liked if Rico got married to Valerie or one of the other girlfriends he'd had? Or Stan...! Could one you imagine him being married to Darleen?:rolleyes:Honestly, I wouldn't like to think about it.

• Like 3

I think Crockett would have started out with the best of intentions, just like he did with Caroline and Billy, but something would have given before too long. He couldn't have stayed in vice - she was too high profile for him to successfully maintain any undercover role... and they would have had prices on their heads by association (Hackman proves that). They may have loved each other but the relationship would have been explosive and probably burnt out very quickly.

• Like 2

I liked Caitlin, and thought she was attractive, but meeting Crockett, AND marrying him in the same episode was not a great idea. We didn't even get to know her. Perhaps, if they had given it some time to develop, it could have changed peoples minds if we got to know, and love her....but disliking each other to falling in love and getting married in one episode?? Didn't like it.I would have prefered the show to end with Crockett, and Gina officially becoming a couple in the season finalle. Crockett throws down his badge and quits. Several days later, when evaluating his situation, he and Gina have a quiet moment when they both realize, they should be together.It wouldn't be a perfect situation, or ending, but it could have been interesting.

• Like 3

I thought the same thing when I watched "Like A Hurricane" for the first time. I was like "really? You guys barely met each other and you're already getting married?". Here's how it should've went down: Crockett and Caitlin would get to know each other and fall for each other over a course of let's say... 3-4 episodes. Then, have them get married.And the whole idea if Caitlin would've lived or not: I think it would be cool both ways, to see if Crockett would've stayed on the force, or if he still would burn out, and maybe move the Crocketts to maybe Georgia or somewhere further south.But, I still shed some tears when Caitlin sings her final song "Follow My Rainbow", and her ultimate demise by Hackman.

• Like 1

Haha! But honestly, I liked Caitlin. She's not only sexy, she's quirky and provides Crockett a shoulder to lean on. But definitely, I would've picked somebody else to play Caitlin if I had it my way xD

I would think it would be a fantastic if she lived and had the baby a boy or girl.That would continue the story of Sonny and Rico and there kids.In my mind and wish the kids would take over and be cops like there fathers.I do have a storyline in mind for that.

Wow, never thought of it that way. That would've been an awesome episode in Season 5. Hey, maybe MV would've been renewed for a 6th season? Jan Hammer would've returned? I've always thought about things like that :D

The quick meeting Caitlin, falling in love and getting married in 42-45 mins, desperate ratings SHITnanigans. Didn't mind Sheena Easton or the character, but it was too rushed.That I blame Dick Wolf and Co. for, not the actress.ELO's ex-wife Lorraine Bracco was originally cast in the role.She became ill during filming, then Sheena Easton stepped in.Personally I think the fan response would've been the same, regardless of who played Caitlin.The s/l was ill conceived, rushed and not well written.JMO

• Like 2

Caitline Davies would never have lasted as producers only brought her in to marry Sonny to raise ratings and it worked for a few weeks - they then decided to kill her off to raise ratings also.:DI believe Sheena Easton's contract was only for three episodes originally :D

I still have that reaction every time I watch "Like A Hurricane". Like, really Sonny? You've only known Caitlin for a few days and you're gonna marry her? Damn, Caroline must've really turned his life into a living hell lolIf Sheena Easton didn't play Caitlin, I'd personally pick maybe somebody like Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles. She was hot in 1987 and she's still hot in 2012 ;)

I still have that reaction every time I watch "Like A Hurricane". Like' date=' really Sonny? You've only known Caitlin for a few days and you're gonna marry her? Damn, Caroline must've really turned his life into a living hell lolIf Sheena Easton didn't play Caitlin, I'd personally pick maybe somebody like Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles. She was hot in 1987 and she's still hot in 2012 ;)[/quote']Susanna Hoffs :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::D

• 2 weeks later...

If Caitlin had lived, we'd see more the-job-getting-in-the-way-of-the-marriage stories. More nagging, "sharpen your knife" dialogue. Killing off Caitlin made more impact than a divorce, since Sonny already had one of those.

• Like 2

Or maybe there could've been an episode where Caitlin cheated on Sonny with another man, and the other man could've been a killer that Crockett was chasing.

Caitlin was terrible. Maybe it could have worked with a proper actress but Sheena E was horribly miscast and the writing was slapdash with flaky dialogue. Killing her off was the best thing that happened in Season 4

• Like 3

You can tell it was Sheena's first time on camera, she didn't even look prepared or interested. Like I said, Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles would've been a great choice for Caitlin. Not only is she an amazing singer, but she was and is incredibly sexy!

I watched "For your eyes only" and i forgot she sang the theme, her face comes up on the titles sequence,:sick: I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" ...the horror, the horror. she ruined my fav bond movie.

• Haha 2

You can tell it was Sheena's first time on camera' date=' she didn't even look prepared or interested. Like I said, Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles would've been a great choice for Caitlin. Not only is she an amazing singer, but she was and is incredibly sexy![/quote']They were going in the right direction by casting a real singer as a real singer. I don't know if Susanna Hoffs could act. But she wasn't as shrewish as Sheena Easton and just had more attitude to match Don's. She would've made a good choice.