If Caitlin Davies had lived...

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

And if not Susanna Hoffs' date=' maybe Kim Wilde?[/quote']I collect Kin Wilde's music. I know she can sing, but can she act?

Hmm good point. I couldn't think of any other choices they could've picked to play Caitlin besides Sheena and Susanna.

Hmm good point. I couldn't think of any other choices they could've picked to play Caitlin besides Sheena and Susanna.

Wasn't Carly Simon also considered? Following the trend of real life singer-playing-a-fictional-singer.

• 3 years later...
On 9/26/2012 at 1:13 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

I liked Caitlin, and thought she was attractive, but meeting Crockett, AND marrying him in the same episode was not a great idea. We didn't even get to know her. Perhaps, if they had given it some time to develop, it could have changed peoples minds if we got to know, and love her....but disliking each other to falling in love and getting married in one episode?? Didn't like it.I would have prefered the show to end with Crockett, and Gina officially becoming a couple in the season finalle. Crockett throws down his badge and quits. Several days later, when evaluating his situation, he and Gina have a quiet moment when they both realize, they should be together.It wouldn't be a perfect situation, or ending, but it could have been interesting.

I totally agree with you. That is what I would have like to develope eventually. I never cared for Caitlin and was always rooting for Gina to get a real chance with Sonny.

Only character I think she played reasonably good ever was the Irish immortal chick  in Highlander The series.

Edited by ladyleia21
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

I will always feel bad for Gina.

Forever a Place Holder, Sonny loved but would never be IN LOVE with her.

Sad, but true.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2016 at 10:01 PM, ladyleia21 said:

I totally agree with you. That is what I would have like to develope eventually. I never cared for Caitlin and was always rooting for Gina to get a real chance with Sonny.

Only character I think she played reasonably good ever was the Irish immortal chick  in Highlander The series.

As a big Highlander fan I've always maintained that was a good episode.

On 9/26/2012 at 9:03 AM, DA_PAUL2 said:

Very good q!I could go either way on it-it would provide very interesting possibillities on storylines-like the impact on his son Billy,Maybe guilt from Sonny not spending enough time with his newborn etc but from what i feel most vice fans didn't like Caitlan-and im one of them-so im glad he didnt have a child with her-i prefer the undomesticated character Sonny.

I don't think most MV fans would have liked to see the show turning into something more like a continuing drama/soap focused on relationships.  Although I think storylines bringing back Sonny's relationship with Billy, or lack of availability to his new wife and newborn child, would have been interesting, Sonny's already been through a failed marriage and an uninvolved father.  So I don't think most fans would have wanted to see that.  Sonny's nature is undomesticated as DA_PAUL2 said, and unless the powers-that-be over the show wanted to move him out of undercover work (that basically gave him motivation to get out of bed every day), he would never have really changed (IMO).

If Caitlin had lived I think they would have had some passionate arguments but eventually I think she would have left him.  I didn't dislike Caitlin and I don't really have any complaints about Sheena Easton's acting.  I did feel the relationship (as portrayed on the show in a single episode from meeting and instant dislike to an intense love leading directly to marriage) was too rushed.  That's completely separate from my wish to have him and Gina get together (which may not have worked either but I still wanted it!).

I didn't care for the Caitlin character myself or the casting of Sheena Easton either. One thing never mention in the followup episodes was what became of the royalties for her recordings and songs. Was Sonny actually a very rich man after her death? It just was never mentioned.

4 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I didn't care for the Caitlin character myself or the casting of Sheena Easton either. One thing never mention in the followup episodes was what became of the royalties for her recordings and songs. Was Sonny actually a very rich man after her death? It just was never mentioned.

That's how Vice worked. Anything that happened in a previous episode more or less disappeared. I tackled this in Echoes, but as far as I know it's never really been sorted out elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

That's how Vice worked. Anything that happened in a previous episode more or less disappeared. I tackled this in Echoes, but as far as I know it's never really been sorted out elsewhere.

It is a very good story and ties up a lot of loose ends!  Gary1911A1, I don't know if you enjoy reading but it's super and not a mushy romance at all.  Lots of undercover stuff, deals, weapons, a little bit of Elvis, our old favorite MV characters and just a few original characters to keep things interesting!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

It is a very good story and ties up a lot of loose ends!  Gary1911A1, I don't know if you enjoy reading but it's super and not a mushy romance at all.  Lots of undercover stuff, deals, weapons, a little bit of Elvis, our old favorite MV characters and just a few original characters to keep things interesting!  

I second that!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I think it had a lot to do with the new direction and writers after season 2. Plus its an episodic series, a stand-alone format not a soap opera like Dallas.

Edited by RedDragon86

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think it had a lot to do with the new direction and writers after season 2. Plus its an episodic series, a stand-alone format not a soap opera like Dallas.

Yet they used arcs when it suited them. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, Robbie C. said:

Yet they used arcs when it suited them. 

I agree the episodes could have been more connected from former episodes but seasons 1&2 did OK.

Edited by RedDragon86

• 1 year later...

She was unbearable. 

Seeing as it's one of my favorite episodes, I was grateful she buggered off at the beginning of "The Rising Sun of Death" 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

She was unbearable. 

Seeing as it's one of my favorite episodes, I was grateful she buggered off at the beginning of "The Rising Sun of Death" 

You're right. Her accent invariably reminds me of Nicola Sturgeon and her constant twining, despite  getting and marrying a man like Sonny all in one episode, fairly gets on your ....nerves! He'd have got fed up with that pretty quickly I reckon. By the way, RedDragon, while I'm here, can I recommend season 1 of Wiseguy?  I love it.

• Thanks 1

Personally I didn't like Sheena Easton, not the Caitlin character and not the episodes with Caitlin. Rock and a Hard place is almost embarrassing and one of the worst episodes in Miami Vice history. Not because of Caitlin - but the plot was naive and stupid. "Let's deal drugs with Caitlin's husband and murder Caitlin to boost her record sales." I mean... come on... that was utterly stupid.

And I totally agree that they got married way too quickly.

• Like 3

they had to marry fast, the series was rolling down hill

Susanna Hoffs couldn't have done it. As we already know it, the dark side of the series would have killed her, preferably violently, or maybe divorced. that wouldn't have worked, all the kids were in love with her

Remembering that Sonny asked for a transfer out of Vice: if Caitlin had lived I think Sonny would've given another department a shot but eventually be drawn back to Vice. So yeah, the marriage was always doomed to fail. 

While I agree they married too fast, I liked Caitlin as a character. It was always an awkward fit though and it took the show in a more domestic direction for a while.

Season 4 really was a lot of throwing ideas at a wall and see what sticks.

• Like 1

Anyway ... For me, Caitlin was not an interesting part in the series. The relationship between her and Sonny was TOO quick! Ok, some stories can start like this but ... For someone with a life like Sonny Crockett, it was nearly unbelievable (at least for me).

I can't say I was "happy" when she died, but, I tought "Dammed time".

Anyway, I liked the payback for her murder.

4 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

Anyway ... For me, Caitlin was not an interesting part in the series. The relationship between her and Sonny was TOO quick! Ok, some stories can start like this but ... For someone with a life like Sonny Crockett, it was nearly unbelievable (at least for me).

Anyway, I liked the payback for her murder.

i agree the episodes weren't the best. but still love Sheena actor performance

isn't a forum somewhere where there's a guy that was an undercover cop, and who's woman is an attorney who has her entries at Washington :)

ouch

• Haha 1