Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

Guest kleine miss jackie

another 80's classic UltravoxDancing with tears in my eyes:glossy:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKMxMjc8Mk

Chorus:Dancing with tears in my eyesWeeping for the memory of a life gone byDancing with tears in my eyesLiving out a memory of a love that diedIt's five and I'm driving home againIt's hard to believe that it's my last timeThe man on the wireless cries againIt's over, it's over(Chorus)It's late and I'm with my love aloneWe drink to forget the coming stormWe love to the sound of our favourite songOver and over(Chorus)It's time and we're in each others armsIt's time but I don't think we really care(Chorus)

Not a big fan of most of her songs but I like this one.("Time after Time")

And what about "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZDjnWtK1A

That's probably her only song which I really like. Oh, and I don't mind "Time after Time"...

And what about "True Colors" That's probably her only song which I really like. Oh, and I don't mind "Time after Time"...

Yeah, Brenda True Colors is another very good one. Forgot about that one, thanks for that.Time after Time has some meaning to me though.

Something got wrong with my previous post, sorry, I'll try and mend it. When it comes to songs of the 1980s, music is the most important factor for me. When I first heard them, I was just beginning to learn English. Sometimes it's funny to listen to them now that I understand the lyrics - then I hardly did :). Last night I started making a list of songs which could have been used in "Miami Vice" but so far I haven't decided to share it as it's too long - like my posts! :)

Something got wrong with my previous post' date=' sorry, I'll try and mend it. When it comes to songs of the 1980s, music is the most important factor for me. When I first heard them, I was just beginning to learn English. Sometimes it's funny to listen to them now that I understand the lyrics - then I hardly did :). Last night I started making a list of songs which could have been used in "Miami Vice" but so far I haven't decided to share it as it's too long - like my posts! :)[/quote'] Interesting thoughts Brenda. For me I listened to them and understood them but paid less attention to them than I do now, or lately.

Guest kleine miss jackie

STEVIE B.In my eyes (1989)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3cSseEUko&feature=related

You gotta believe there is something inside of me You might say, “How could you so fast†Is the way you make me feel like you understand There is a way I can meet your demand, girl ‘cause If you see the sun in my eyes It should be as no surprise It’s the light of love inside of me Now tell me what do you see Chorus:In my eyes (And I wanna show you, girl)In my eyes (And I wanna know you, know you tonight)In my eyes (And when you kiss me, girl)In my eyes (You just don’t know how you make me feel)In my eyes (The love I have inside of me)In my eyes (I wanna give it all to you, girl)In my eyes (And if you give me a chance)In my eyes (I just wanna be your, be your man) I know it’s hard to see how I feel this way I just don’t have control of my heart And if you feel what I feel and you wanna stay Just give me a sign, girl, and we’ll never part And if you see the sun in my eyes It should be as no surprise It’s the light of love inside of me Now tell me what do you see Chorus You gotta believe there is something inside of me You might say, “How could you so fast†Is the way you makin’ me feel like you understand ‘Cause there is a way I can meet your demand, girl ‘cause If you see the sun in my eyes It should be as no surprise It’s the light of love inside of me Now tell me what do you see Chorus

Guest kleine miss jackie

Kim WildeKeep me hanging on

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9vt0IgsiY

Set me free why don't you babe get out of my life why don't you babe 'cause you don't really love me you just keep me hanging on Set me free why don't you babe get out of my life why don't you babe 'cause you don't really need me but you keep me hanging on Why do you keep on coming 'round playing with my heart why don't you get out of my life and let me make a brand new start let me get over you the way you gotten over me yea Set me free why don't you babe get out of my life why don't you babe 'cause you don't really love me you just keep me hanging on no you don't really need me you just keep me hanging on You say although we broke up you still just wanna be friends but how can we still be friends when seeing you only breaks my heart again Get out get out of my life and let me sleep at night 'cause you don't really love me you just keep me hanging on You say you still care for me but your heart and soul needs to be free and now that you got your freedom you wanna still hold on to me you don't want me for yourself so let me find somebody else Set me free why don't you babe get out of my life why don't you babe 'cause you don't really love me you just keep me hanging on Why don't you be a man about it set me free now you don't care a thing about me you're just using me hey abusing me get out get out of my life and let me sleep at night 'cause you don't really love me you just keep me hanging on

Wow, Kim Wilde! I first heard of her when this song became popular.

When I was 16 every girl wanted to look like her but permed and bleached hair was not allowed in my very traditional secondary school. :p

Guest kleine miss jackie

@Brenda:Wow, this school sounds really very strict for me...Here's another Kim Wilde 80's classic:

Kim WildeCambodia

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI2K8d-52rE

Well he was Thailand based she was an airforce wife he used to fly weekends it was the easy life but then it turned around and he began to change she didn't wonder then she didn't think it's strange but then he got a call he had to leave that night he couldn't say too much but it would be alright he didn't need to pack they'd meet the next night he had a job to do flying to Cambodia And as the nights passed by she tried to trace the past the way he used to look the way he used to laugh I guess she'll never know what got inside her soul she couldn't make it out just couldn't take it all he had the saddest eyes the girl had ever seen he used to cry some nights as though he lived a dream and as she held him close he used to search her face as though she knew the truth lost inside Cambodia But then a call came through that said he'd soon be home she had to pack a case and they would make a rendez-vous but now a year has passed and not a single word and all the love she knew has disappeared out in the haze (Cambodia… don't cry now no tears now) And now the years have passed without a single word but there is only one thing left I know for sure she won't see his face again

One of the Best Groups of the 80'sI can hear the roar of the Daytona on the way to meet Weldon.

Audio is a little low so need to turn up.
  • Like 1

I do like "Out Where The Buses Don't Run", I'm crazy about that scene and I've always loved Dire Straits. If I were to pick just one song, it would probably be my favorite:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxS-ICzjO6I

I first heard it on the radio one cold night 28 years ago and I still love it!It's a mystery to meThe game commencesFor the usual feePlus expensesConfidential informationIt's in a diaryThis is my investigationIt's not a public inquiryI go checking out the reportDigging up the dirtYou get to meet all sortsIn this line of workTreachery and treasonThere's always an excuse for itAnd when I find the reasonI still can't get used to itAnd what have you got at the end of the day?What have you got to take away?A bottle of whisky and a new set of liesBlinds on the window and a pain behind the eyesScarred for lifeNo compensationPrivate investigations

Dire Straits

Baby I see this world has made you sadSome people can be badThe things they do, the things they sayBut baby I'll wipe away those bitter tearsI'll chase away those restless fearsThat turn your blue skies into greyWhy worry, there should be laughter after the painThere should be sunshine after rainThese things have always been the sameSo why worry nowBaby when I get down I turn to youAnd you make sense of what I doI know it isn't hard to sayBut baby just when this world seems mean and coldOur love comes shining red and goldAnd all the rest is by the wayWhy worry, there should be laughter after painThere should be sunshine after rainThese things have always been the sameSo why worry now
  • Like 1

Guest kleine miss jackie

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_03uXQiz6eY

Baby I see this world has made you sadSome people can be badThe things they do' date=' the things they sayBut baby I'll wipe away those bitter tearsI'll chase away those restless fearsThat turn your blue skies into greyWhy worry, there should be laughter after the painThere should be sunshine after rainThese things have always been the sameSo why worry nowBaby when I get down I turn to youAnd you make sense of what I doI know it isn't hard to sayBut baby just when this world seems mean and coldOur love comes shining red and goldAnd all the rest is by the wayWhy worry, there should be laughter after painThere should be sunshine after rainThese things have always been the sameSo why worry now[/quote']I really like the lyrics... :glossy::clap::happy::radio: Thanks for sharing, Sonny-Burnett!And I really love 'brothers in arms', what an amazing song... :glossy::glossy:

I really like the lyrics... :glossy::clap::happy::radio: Thanks for sharing' date=' Sonny-Burnett!And I really love 'brothers in arms', what an amazing song... :glossy::glossy:[/quote'] You're welcome. Dire Straits is very high on my play list. ;). I liked your selections as well.

I just love this song...FOREIGNERThat was yesterday(lyrics are included)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr-nUfxT80

A very good one of Foreigner. Nice......

I heard this song on the radio while I was having breakfast this morning. It's a brand new track but somehow I think that it fits here, in this thread. I recognized the band immediately and listening to it felt like travelling in time - almost thirty years back! An amazing feeling!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4Rg_9JsMw

Duran Duran - The Man Who Stole A LeopardDo you know where we are?I'm longing for the darkOf our nocturnal lifeIt begins and ends with youDon't spill my secretChorus:You were once running wild hiding in the morning mistGame in bonds - I make you mineI thought that I could resistBut the leopard in you... silently... preyed on meI made my way back home (did you follow her)I handled her with care (quiet and controlled)So elegant and sleek (when I'm not afraid)I need her to be near (does she belong to you?)Don't spill my secretChorusDeserted by my friends (don't they understand?)She so much more than them (how could they compare?)So now she's just for me (no one else can say)I watch her while she sleeps? (for sure she naps on you)?Don't spill my secretIt's been quite a whileSince we were last outside can't lie I'll miss the chanceNow that we both partake can silence kill the cat?Prisoners of our thoughts? the smell will throw us out?Don't spill my secret(Repeat during newscast)...Newscast:"Today a man was taken from his apartment on the New Jersey shore and arrested under suspicion of entrapment of a wild animal. Police, after forced entry, discovered a caged leopard in the building. The fully grown feline was said to be surprisingly domesticated before preparing her for relocation. A large crowd is gathered outside to watch the beautiful creature as a giant cage was lowered slowly onto the street by a crane. From here, the leopard was transferred into the back of a truck for the journey ahead. A thoughtful onlooker said it's extraordinary to think that any human being could have lived so silently with such a dangerous animal. Police are saying the captive has simply befriended the creature and barely left her side. It's alleged that he hunted her in the wild and expertly forged documents to facilitate her illegal export to the United States of America. The incident has already created much controversy and is now likely to lead to a major international investigation into the life of the man who stole a leopard."

Guest kleine miss jackie

Here's one of my all time favourites, and because I'm a huge fan of a-ha, it is also an honor and a good opportunity for my

1000th post !!!

a-hatake on me

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXxMlIExpo

take on me(12" mix)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyZSZJuQxw&feature=related

Talking away I don't know what I'm say I say it anyway today is another day to find you shying away I'll be coming for you love okay Take on me (take on me)take me home (take on me)I'll be gone in a day or two So needless to say I'm odds and ends but me stumbling away slowly learnig that life is okay say after me it's no better to be safe and sorry Take on me (take on me)take me home (take on me)I'll be gone in a day or two Oh the things that you say is it live or just a to play my worries away you've all the things I've got to remember you shying away I'll be coming for you anyway Take on me (take on me)take me home (take on me)I'll be gone in a day (Take on me – take on me)(take me home – take on me)I'll be gone (take on me) in a day

Journey Send Her My Love

@Sonny-Burnett:Many songs of a-ha have a little depressing undertone' date=' that's one of the reasons why I like their music that much.And 'Manhattan Skyline' is one of my all time favourites. I like especially the switch between smoothly & ruff in this song :glossy::radio:[/quote'] Well if you like a little depressing undertone I have another group in mind. Smoothly & ruff --interesting description of music. ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW87sfsL_zM

It's been so longSince I've seen her faceYou say she's doin' fineI still recallA sad cafeHow it hurt so bad to see her cry I didn't want to say good-byeSend her my love, memories remainSend her my love, roses never fadeSend her my loveThe same hotel, the same old roomI'm on the road againShe needed so much moreThan I could giveWe knew our love could not pretendBroken hearts can always mend.(chorus)Callin' out her name I'm dreamin'Reflections of a face I'm seein'It's her voiceThat keeps on haunting meSend her, send her my loveRoses never fadeMemories remainSend her, send her, my love

I haven`t listened to this one in a long time.. Morton Harket was very easy on the eyes back then..:clap::clap::clap:

Well, if you say so. :):)Norwegian, wasn't he?

Here's one of my all time favourites' date=' and because I'm a huge fan of a-ha, it is also an honor and a good opportunity for my

1000th post !!! Congratulations on your promotion, Captain. :eek:;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4Rg_9JsMw Duran Duran - The Man Who Stole A LeopardDo you know where we are?I'm longing for the darkOf our nocturnal lifeIt begins and ends with youDon't spill my secretChorus:You were once running wild hiding in the morning mistGame in bonds - I make you mineI thought that I could resistBut the leopard in you... silently... preyed on meI made my way back home (did you follow her)I handled her with care (quiet and controlled)So elegant and sleek (when I'm not afraid)I need her to be near (does she belong to you?)Don't spill my secretChorusDeserted by my friends (don't they understand?)She so much more than them (how could they compare?)So now she's just for me (no one else can say)I watch her while she sleeps? (for sure she naps on you)?Don't spill my secretIt's been quite a whileSince we were last outside can't lie I'll miss the chanceNow that we both partake can silence kill the cat?Prisoners of our thoughts? the smell will throw us out?Don't spill my secret(Repeat during newscast)...Newscast:"Today a man was taken from his apartment on the New Jersey shore and arrested under suspicion of entrapment of a wild animal. Police, after forced entry, discovered a caged leopard in the building. The fully grown feline was said to be surprisingly domesticated before preparing her for relocation. A large crowd is gathered outside to watch the beautiful creature as a giant cage was lowered slowly onto the street by a crane. From here, the leopard was transferred into the back of a truck for the journey ahead. A thoughtful onlooker said it's extraordinary to think that any human being could have lived so silently with such a dangerous animal. Police are saying the captive has simply befriended the creature and barely left her side. It's alleged that he hunted her in the wild and expertly forged documents to facilitate her illegal export to the United States of America. The incident has already created much controversy and is now likely to lead to a major international investigation into the life of the man who stole a leopard."

Interesting song too. :thumbsup: