Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

I find myself in a strange situationAnd I don't know howWhat seemed to be an infatuationIs so different now(Aaaah) I can't get by if we're not together(Eeeeh) ooh, can't you see?(Aaaah) girl I want you now and forever(Eeeeh) close to me...AaaahI'm longing for the timeI'm longing for the dayHoping that you will promise to be mineAnd never go awayI don't want to live without youI don't want to live without youI could never live without youLive without your loveOooh ooh ooh oooh(Aaaah) I ask myself but there's no explanation(Eeeeh) for the way I feel(Aaaah) I know I've reached the right destination(Eeeeh) And I know it's realI'm longing for the timeI'm longing for the dayWhen I'll be giving you this heart of mineBelieve me when I sayI don't want to live without youI don't want to live without youI could never live without youLive without your loveNo, I don't want to live without youI don't want to live without youI could never live without youLive without your loveNow I don't want to live without youI don't want to live without youI could never be without youBe without your loveI don't want to live without youLive without your love(Aaaah) (Live without your love) live without your love(Aaaah) (Live without your love) you see I'm lost without your love(Aaaah) (Live without your love) ooh ooh ooh oooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh oooh(Aaaah) (Live without your love) without your love(Aaaah) I can't live without it(Live without your love) I can't live without your love

Guest kleine miss jackie
I know it isn't Foreigner... ;)But it's also a great song with a message included... :glossy:

Princesssay I'm your number one

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlLKNxDbsi8

Say I'm your number oneI only wanna be close to you - saysaysay.Say I'm your number one - your number oneyour number one -'cause you know I'll be good to you - saysaysay.Say I'm your number one - won't you ?They say I'm crazythey say that I'm a fool.And I feel so helpless because love can be so cruel.But I'm just waiting and burning up inside.Come tomorrowcome tomorrowwill you still be mine ?Say I'm your number one - your number onyour number one -In only wanna be close to you.Say I'm your number one - your number oneyour number one.'Cause you know I'll be good to you - saysaysay.Say I'm your number one - won't youYou may be tempted and sometimes led astray.But I knowbut I know your regret it very next day.I sit and wonder whenever we're apartwould you do itwould you do itwould you go and break my heart ?Say I'm your number one - your number onyour number one -In only wanna be close to you.Say I'm your number one - your number oneyour number one.'Cause you know I'll be good to you - saysaysay.Tell me that nobody else will do -Saysaysay your number oneyour number oneyour number one...Saysaysay your number oneyour number oneyour number one...

Gabriel......Here's one of the best I think from the 80s..and also not Foreigner ;).... but with great meaning.. ;):glossy:

"In Your Eyes"love I get so lost, sometimesdays pass and this emptiness fills my heartwhen I want to run awayI drive off in my carbut whichever way I goI come back to the place you areall my instincts, they returnand the grand facade, so soon will burnwithout a noise, without my prideI reach out from the insidein your eyesthe light the heatin your eyesI am completein your eyesI see the doorway to a thousand churchesin your eyesthe resolution of all the fruitless searchesin your eyesI see the light and the heatin your eyesoh, I want to be that completeI want to touch the lightthe heat I see in your eyeslove, I don't like to see so much painso much wasted and this moment keeps slipping awayI get so tired of working so hard for our survivalI look to the time with you to keep me awake and aliveand all my instincts, they returnand the grand facade, so soon will burnwithout a noise, without my prideI reach out from the insidein your eyesthe light the heatin your eyesI am completein your eyesI see the doorway to a thousand churchesin your eyesthe resolution of all the fruitless searchesin your eyesI see the light and the heatin your eyesoh, I want to be that completeI want to touch the light,the heat I see in your eyesin your eyes in your eyesin your eyes in your eyesin your eyes in your eyes

No hidden meanings and secret messages from me :p:p:p (what a pity, though :D), just a song that I used to like a lot :radio: when I was sixteen ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTn4o2Z-vZU

How can I be sure when your intrusion's my illusion?How can I be sure when all the time you change my mind?I ask for more and more, how can I be sure?When you don't give me love, you give me pale shelterYou don't give me love, you give me cold handsAnd I can't operate on this failureWhen all I wanna be is completely in commandHow can I be sure for all you say you keep me waiting?How can I be sure when all you do is see me through?I ask for more and more, how can I be sureWhen you don't give me love, you give me pale shelterYou don't give me love, you give me cold handsAnd I can't operate on this failureWhen all I wanna be is completely in commandI've been here before, there is not why, no need to tryI thought you had it all, I'm calling you, I'm calling youI ask for more and more (ask for more and more)How can I be sure (how can I be)When you don't give me love, you give me pale shelterYou don't give me love, you give me cold handsAnd I can't operate on this failureWhen all I wanna be is completely in command (Completely in command)You don't give me love, you don't give me loveYou don't give me love, you don't give me loveYou don't give me love, you don't give me love

Click: Yes - Owner of a lonely heartMove yourselfYou always live your lifeNever thinking of the futureProve yourselfYou are the move you makeTake your chances win or loserSee yourselfYou are the steps you takeYou and you - and that's the only wayShake - shake yourselfYou're every move you makeSo the story goesOwner of a lonely heartOwner of a lonely heartMuch better than - aOwner of a broken heartOwner of a lonely heart /2 timesSay - you don't want to chance itYou've been hurt so beforeWatch it nowThe eagle in the skyHow he dancin' one and onlyYou - lose yourselfNo not for pity's sakeThere's no real reason to be lonelyBe yourselfGive your free will a chanceYou've got to want to succeedOwner of a lonely heartOwner of a lonely heartMuch better than - aOwner of a broken heartOwner of a lonely heartOwner of a lonely heartAfter my own decisionThey confused me soOwner of a lonely heartMy love said never question your will at allIn the end you've got to goLook before you leapOwner of a lonely heartAnd don't you hesitate at all - no noOwner of a lonely heartOwner of a lonely heartMuch better than - aOwner of a broken heartOwner of a lonely heart(repeat)Owner of a lonely heartSooner or later each conclusionWill decide the lonely heartOwner of a lonely heartIt will excite it will delightIt will give a better startOwner of a lonely heartDon't deceive your free will at allDon't deceive your free will at allOwner of a lonely heartDon't deceive your free will at allJust receive it

Click:

No more timing each tear that falls from my eyesI'm not hiding the remedy to cure this old heart of mineI can dream about youIf I can't hold you tonightI can dream about youYou know how to hold me just rightI can dream about youIf I can't hold you tonightI can dream about youYou know how to hold me just rightMoving sidewalks, I don't see under my feetClimbing up from down here below where the streets seeme lonely for you.I can dream about youI'm gonna press my lips against you and hold you tight to meI can dream about youYou know you got me spellbound what else can it beMoving sidewalks, I don't see under my feetClimbing up from the pain in my heart 'cause it's you that I need.I don't understand itI can't keep my mind off loving youOoo, now baby, I'm caught up in the magic I see in youThere's one thing to doI can dream about youIf I can't hold you tonightI can dream about youYou know how to hold me just right
  • Like 1

Collins..an up-tempo cut for a cold nightPhil CollinsFind a Way to my Heart

Find a way to my heart, and I will always be with youFrom wherever you are, I'll be waitingI'll keep a place in my heart, you will see it shining throughSo find a way to my heart, and I will, I will follow youThis journey's not easy for you, I knowIf your footsteps get too faint to hear, I'll goCos you know, questions are never that easyAnd never the sameWell you have the answer believe meIf you have the faithTo find a way to my heart, and I will always be with youFrom wherever you are, well I'll be waitingI'll keep a place in my heart, you will see it shining throughSo find a way to my heart, and I will, I will follow youTime may come, and time may go, I knowAnd if you should call out for me, I'll goBut you know, there is a code to be brokenI wrap it aroundWithout a word being spokenWithout a soundThere's a reason I hide my heartIt's out of sight out of mindAnd when I find out just who you areThe door will be open for youTo find a way to my heart, and I will always be with youFrom wherever you are, I'll be waitingI'll keep a place in my heart, you will see it shining throughSo find a way to my heart, and I will, I will follow youOh find a way to my heart, and I will always be with youFrom wherever you are, and I'll be waitingI'll keep a place in my heart, you will see it shining throughSo find a way to my heart, and I will, I will follow you Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Collins... for a dark night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dEz2aBAx6I

Wellyou can tell everyone I'm a down disgraceDrag my name all over the place - I don't care anymore.You can tell everybody 'bout the state I'm inYou won't catch me crying 'cos I just can't win -I don't care anymoreI don't care anymoreI don't care what you sayI don't play the same games you play.'cos I've been talking to the people that you call all your friendsAnd it seems to me there's a means to an end - they don't care anymore.And as for me I can sit here and bide my timeI got nothing to lose if I speak my mind -I don't care anymoreI don't care no moreI don't care what you say - we never played by the same rules anyway.I won't be there anymoreget out of my way - let me byI got better things to do with my timeI don't care anymoreI don't care anymoreI don't care anymoreI don't care anymore.WellI don't care now what you say'cos everyday I'm feeling fine with myself.And I don't care now what you sayhey -I'll do alright by myself 'cos I know.'cos I remember all the times I tried so hardAnd you laughed in my face 'cos you held all the cards -I don't care anymore.And I really ain't bothered what you think of me'cos all I want of you is just a let me be -I don't care anymored'you hear I don't care no moreI don't care what you say - I never did believe you much anywayI won't be there no moreso get out of my way - let me byI got better things to do with my timeI don't care anymore.D'you hear I don't care anymoreI don't care no more.You listening I don't care no moreno more.You know I don't care anymoredon't care no moreno more

SpringsteenBruce SpringsteenDancing in the dark

I get up in the eveningand I ain't got nothing to sayI come home in the morningI go to bed feeling the same wayI ain't nothing but tiredMan I'm just tired and bored with myselfHey there baby, I could use just a little helpYou can't start a fireYou can't start a fire without a sparkThis gun's for hireeven if we're just dancing in the darkMessage just keeps getting clearerradio's on and I'm moving 'round my placeI check my look in the mirrorI wanna change my clothes, my hair, my faceMan I ain't getting nowhereI'm just living in a dump like thisThere's something happening somewherebaby I just know that there isYou can't start a fireyou can't start a fire without a sparkThis gun's for hireeven if we're just dancing in the darkYou sit around getting olderthere's a joke here somewhere and it's on meI'll shake this world off my shoulderscome on baby the laugh's on meStay on the streets of this townand they'll be carving you up alrightThey say you gotta stay hungryhey baby I'm just about starving tonightI'm dying for some actionI'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this bookI need a love reactioncome on now baby gimme just one lookYou can't start a fire sitting 'round crying over a broken heartThis gun's for hireEven if we're just dancing in the darkYou can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apartThis gun's for hireEven if we're just dancing in the darkEven if we're just dancing in the darkEven if we're just dancing in the darkEven if we're just dancing in the darkHey baby Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Alan Parsons Project - PipelineNot exactly a song but I remember how much I loved this track in 1984 and I can see that I still like it 27 years later... It comes from the album by the APP called "Ammonia Avenue" (released on 7th Feb., 1984 - is it just a coincidence that I thought about this piece today?!)

I love Parsons stuff. Great find! I especially liked his work with Ambrosia...brilliant!Speaking of Phill Collins in the video above, I remember seeing him back in 85' twice in one week. He played Toronto on a Monday night and then Buffalo on Thursday. That was a great tour as he had the same drummer (in the video) with him as well as Phillip Baily and the entire horn section from Earth Wind and Fire on stage with him.WHAT A SHOW!!!I remember when they did "In the Air" Collins sat on the edge of the stage and sang softly for the first part, then leaped to his feet and ran to his drum set and the two drummers pounded out the crecendo part of the drum solo with two kits in unison. You had to be there......................Ah memories..............

Funny, that was my favorite Alan Parsons Project tune. I didn't know many people even knew of those works.I'm kinda jealous about the Phil Collins concerts. I'd love to have seen that. The best I can get are on YouTube and GTA: Vice City Stories.

Great story again Stinger. You've seen some great concerts. Hope Collins tours again. Also would like to see Gabriel, DireStraits (though don't know if they still tour), Springsteen and some others.

Speaking of Springsteen there SB, I have seen him six times now and I still say that of all performers of the modern era (and I have seen many) Springsteen puts on the best live show I have ever seen!His absolute best was the "River Tour" I saw him in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens and it was so packed that people were sitting in the stairs. I don't know where they came from, probably door crashers , but when he did his show he would tell stories between his songs of his life, and you could hear a pin drop in the place. 40 thousand plus and all ears were focused on him, but his stories were so intriguing that I thought he was actually talking to me and me alone! All I can say is wow!!!!He came on at 8pm on the bnose and played till 12:20am nonstop!My hero....What else is more important than saturday night, your best girl and your hotrod? The guy could write songs for the common man. Apoet for sure and who could forget "Blinded by the Light"? Intersting lyrics still to this day!As a fan I can say I got my monies worth........

Speaking of Springsteen there SB' date=' I have seen him six times now and I still say that of all performers of the modern era (and I have seen many) Springsteen puts on the best live show I have ever seen!His absolute best was the "River Tour" I saw him in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens and it was so packed that people were sitting in the stairs. I don't know where they came from, probably door crashers , but when he did his show he would tell stories between his songs of his life, and you could hear a pin drop in the place. 40 thousand plus and all ears were focused on him, but his stories were so intriguing that I thought he was actually talking to me and me alone! All I can say is wow!!!!He came on at 8pm on the bnose and played till 12:20am nonstop!My hero....What else is more important than saturday night, your best girl and your hotrod? The guy could write songs for the common man. Apoet for sure and who could forget "Blinded by the Light"? Intersting lyrics still to this day!As a fan I can say I got my monies worth........[/quote'] Stinger, my friend, thanks for that story. And you said it very well!I have never seen the Boss live (only watched concerts on DVD) but that is on my bucket list for sure. I've heard the same thing, that he pours his heart out in these concerts, and they are long to give the audience their money's worth. :thumbsup:I think he is the best modern singer/songwriter out there, IMO. And The River is definitely one of his best.

Great story again Stinger. You've seen some great concerts. Hope Collins tours again. Also would like to see Gabriel' date=' DireStraits (though don't know if they still tour), Springsteen and some others.[/quote'] I have a million stories...here's another.Driving down the 401 in Toronto one night back in 85'about 5:30pm I heard on the radio that Gabriel was playing the gardens in 2 1/2 hours so I headed south on Younge St and went to the venue hoping to obscond a good skelped seat. I managed to get a gold seat for 80 bucks ten minutes before the show started from a skelper, sat in my seat and waited for the show to start.The house lights went out and the show began with the song "shake those hands" and spotlights were scanning the floor area furiously. Then all of a sudden the spotlights converged on a small figure walking through the crowd on the main floor shaking hands while he was singing the song. It was Peter Gabriel shaking everyones hand cruising through the audience as he slowly weaved his way to the stage!If you think about that today it would never happen, but the people respected him and there were no insane fans malling him or anything like that. I look back at that night as a rather special event indeed!Great concert for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5vQP_RFccY

Unknown, unseenWe live underneath the radarNo sign on screenWe dance underneath the radarChorus:Between the walls, wellWe're just too small to make a fuss about itDid something fall, wellWhat is the point in losing sleep about itSee ya later, see ya laterHip-a-no-no-no-noHip-a-no-no-no-noSee ya later, call meWe dance underneath the radarWe live underneath the bombWhen you live underneath the radarThere's no way that you're ever gonna get farWe speak unheardLike ants we dance between the towersWe sleep, they moveCome sailing over the horizonChorusSee ya later, see ya laterHip-a-no-no-no-noHip-a-no-no-no-noSee ya later, call meWe dance underneath the radarWe live underneath the bombWhen you live underneath the radarThere's no way that you're ever gonna get farHe says I am the doctor in a B-52I come across the horizonDrop my love on youSee ya laterSee ya later, see ya laterHip-a-no-no-no-noHip-a-no-no-no-noSee ya later, call meChorusWe dance underneath the radarWe live underneath the bombWhen you live underneath the radarThere's no way that you're ever gonna get farI love it :happy:

I LOVE Underneath the Radar :radar: That's probably because I love the "bad Burnett" episodes, too :happy: Just listened to it yesterday while I was at the gym.. Another Underworld song from MV that I really like is Glory! Glory!:http://www.vh1.com/video/underworld/47615/glory-glory.jhtml Hey, when that lookIs in your eyesI can see my fateYes, I see my fateHey, when that lookIs in your eyesI can see my fateYes, I see my fateHey, got the sun upIn the skyBut it comes too lateYes, it comes too lateI'm like a dogWhen I comeCrawling back to youCrawling back to youYou wanna play GodI can see it in your eyesSee it in your eyesHuh, glory glory glory...Hey, I bring you joyI bring you loveBut you walk awayAlways walk awayHey, you look downOn me from aboveAnd I see my fateAnd I'm not enoughI'm like a dogWhen I comeCrawling back to youCrawling back to youYou wanna play GodI can see it in your eyesSee it in your eyesHuh, glory glory glory...Take it from the richGive it to the poorAll you want is gloryFrom the boy next door