Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

1. I Could Get Used to ThisAimee Mann -------- punk' date=' pipes, mega-babe and so awesome. She was destined for stardom.And Sonny should've dated her over friggin' Sheena Easton.[/quote']She might have been a better choice. I liked Easton but the music was too syrupy. This one was clearly more edgy and may have been a bit young at the time, but that sure didn't stop the producers from casting a high-school looking Helena Bonham Carter as Crockett's love interest. :)I liked the song Voices Carry....a good one.

Chris Isaak, Wicked Game. Can there be any more sensual song/video of 1989? Those eyes. :happy:

http://youtu.be/ELP0Cr-Kjuc

"Wicked Game"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you.And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you.No, I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)No, I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)With you (This world is only gonna break your heart)What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you and,I want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)No, I want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)With you.The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you.And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you,No, I want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)No, I want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)With you (This world is only gonna break your heart)No, I... (This world is only gonna break your heart)(This world is only gonna break your heart)Nobody loves no one.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Nice choice in YELLO' date=' great vice instrumentals in some of their music.[/quote']yeah I believe it was in one of the vice episodes as well, funny thing about yello is there abit like pink floyd, after listening to a few of there songs you reach your fill with them.so its sort of one of those deals where you have to take it very slowly with them as they seem to stick to a set tone and revel in it.anyways back to the thread

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiwGeDbkSss

Billy Squier should've been on VicePure awesomeness

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5nXwioRVs

Life isn't easy from the singular sideDown in the hole some emotions are hard to hideIt's your decision it's a chance that you takeIt's on your head it's a habit that's hard to breakDo you need a friend would you tell no liesWould you take me in are you lonely in the dark...You never listen to the voices insideThey fill your ears as you run to a place to hideYou're never sure if the illusion is realYou pinch yourself but the mem'ries are all you feelCan you break away from your alibisCan you make a play will you meet me in the dark...Don'tcha need me...hey, heyDon'tcha need me...oh yeaDon'tcha leave me...hey, heyDon'tcha need me...oh yeaYou take no int'rest no opinion's too dearYou make the rounds and you try to be so sincereYou guard your hopes and you pocket your dreamsYou'd trade it all to avoid an unpleasant sceneCan you face the fire when you see me thereCan you feel the fire will you love me in the dark...From his website:1981: releases "Don't Say No"…102 weeks later, lp is still in the US top ten, spawning three hit singles and launching Squier's career in earnest…tours with Foreigner, Journey, and Pat Benetar before headlining his first string of shows at year's end. Friggin superstar...

• 1 month later...

I think this would've fit perfectly into a nightly driving montage scene !

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUCwQru9is

The sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the landPlumes of smoke rise and merge into the leaden sky:A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers,But awakes to a morning with no reason for wakingHe's haunted by the memory of a lost paradiseIn his youth or a dream, he can't be preciseHe's chained forever to a world that's departedIt's not enough, it's not enoughHis blood has frozen & curdled with frightHis knees have trembled & given way in the nightHis hand has weakened at the moment of truthHis step has falteredOne world, one soulTime pass, the river rollsIt's not enough it's not enoughHis hand has faltered.... .... ......And he talks to the river of lost love and dedicationAnd silent replies that swirl invitationFlow dark and troubled to an oily seaA grim intimation of what is to beThere's an unceasing wind that blows through this nightAnd there's dust in my eyes, that blinds my sightAnd silence that speaks so much louder that words,Of promises broken

• 3 weeks later...

From his website:1981: releases "Don't Say No"…102 weeks later, lp is still in the US top ten, spawning three hit singles and launching Squier's career in earnest…tours with Foreigner, Journey, and Pat Benetar before headlining his first string of shows at year's end. Friggin superstar...

Nice song thanks for posting :D

• 2 weeks later...

Vicenarc's new online radio stationAs 80s retro music and MV certainly go hand in hand, lol, I thought I'd promote my new online radio station - 'Spectrum Online Radio'. It's all 80s and early 90s rock;www.live365.com/stations/member_11682273064Check it out!

just caught this one on the movie channel, used in the intro of an old Chevy Chase film called Modern Problems made in 1981.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best from the 80s....played VERY loud.

Hey, hey, hey ,heyOhhh...Won't you come see about me?I'll be alone, dancing you know it babyTell me your troubles and doubtsGiving me everything inside and out andLove's strange so real in the darkThink of the tender things that we were working onSlow change may pull us apartWhen the light gets into your heart, babyDon't You Forget About MeDon't Don't Don't Don'tDon't You Forget About MeWill you stand above me?Look my way, never love meRain keeps falling, rain keeps fallingDown, down, downWill you recognise me?Call my name or walk on byRain keeps falling, rain keeps fallingDown, down, down, downHey, hey, hey, heyOhhhh.....Don't you try to pretendIt's my feeling we'll win in the endI won't harm you or touch your defensesVanity and securityDon't you forget about meI'll be alone, dancing you know it babyGoing to take you apartI'll put us back together at heart, babyDon't You Forget About MeDon't Don't Don't Don'tDon't You Forget About MeAs you walk on byWill you call my name?As you walk on byWill you call my name?When you walk awayOr will you walk away?Will you walk on by?Come on - call my nameWill you all my name?I say :La la la...When you walk on by...And you call my name...

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 2 weeks later...

From Payback, imo one of the best eps of Vice and from a class act, Chris Isaak.

"Dancin'"I keep on dancin', dancin'.Nothing left to say, nothing left to do.I find myself alone, I'm thinking just of you.You got me dancin', dancin'.Why don't you help me? Why don't you guide me?Why don't you promise? To stand beside me.There was a man in a foreign land, in love with a woman that didn't understand.Love is not a thing you command, love is something that keeps you and keeps you.Dancin', dancin'.Why don't you help me? Why don't you guide me?Why don't you promise? To stand beside me.I keep on dancin', dancin'.Nothing left to say, nothing left to do.I find myself alone, thinking just of you.You've got me dancin', dancin'.Why don't you help me? Why don't you guide me?Why don't you promise? To stand beside me.Dancin', dancin', dancin', you've got me, ohhhh, help me!Guide me, why don't you promise, to stand beside me.Help me, ohhhh!

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ya mon

This song would have been very fitting for the MV soundtrack. Even the video is Vice-like!WELCOME TO THE BOOMTOWNDavid & DavidMs. Cristina drives a nine four fourSatisfaction oozes from her poresShe keeps rings on her fingersMarble on her floorCocaine on her dresserBars on her doorsShe keeps her back against the wallShe keeps her back against the wallSo I sayI say welcome' date=' welcome to the boomtownPick a habitWe got plenty to go aroundWelcome, welcome to the boomtownAll that money makes such a succulent soundWelcome to the boomtownHandsome Kevin got a little off trackTook a year off of collegeAnd he never went backNow he smokes too muchHe's got a permanent hackDeals dope out of Denny'sKeeps a table in the backHe always listens to the groundAlways listens to the groundSo I sayI say welcome, welcome to the boomtownPick a habitWe got plenty to go aroundWelcome, welcome to the boomtownAll that money makes such a succulent soundWelcome to the boomtownWell the ambulance arrived too lateI guess she didn't want to wait[/quote']Great call. I don't think I'd heard that one since '86! But I know I've heard it before.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=97wvwuHUMCw

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this song ...and Roxette from 1988. And "She's Got the Look" to be in a Vice ep as well, IMO.  :) 

~~"Listen To Your Heart"

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.You've built a love but that love falls apart.Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heartwhen he's calling for you.Listen to your heartthere's nothing else you can do.I don't know where you're goingand I don't know why,but listen to your heartbefore you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

Listen to your heartwhen he's calling for you.Listen to your heartthere's nothing else you can do.I don't know where you're goingand I don't know why,but listen to your heartbefore you tell him goodbye.

And there are voicesthat want to be heard.So much to mentionbut you can't find the words.The scent of magic,the beauty that's beenwhen love was wilder than the wind.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 1 month later...

Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is. 20 pages on this thread and I can't believe no one has mentioned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

Standin' in line marking timeWaiting for the welfare dime'Cause they can't buy a jobThe man in the silk suit hurries byAs he catches the poor old lady's eyesJust for fun he says, 'Get a job'That's just the way it isSome things'll never changeThat's just the way it isHa, but don't you believe themSaid, 'Hey little boy you can't goWhere the others goCause you don't look like they do'Said, 'Hey, old man how can you standTo think that wayDid you really think about itBefore you made the rules?'He said, 'SonThat's just the way it isSome things'll never changeThat's just the way it is'Ha, but don't you believe themOoo, yeah (instrumental)(That's just the way it is)(That's just the way it is)Well, they passed a law in '64To give those who ain't got, a little moreBut it only goes so far'Cause the law don't change another's mindWhen all it sees at the hiring timeIs the line on the color barBut who knowsThat's just the way it isSome things'll never change (right)That's just the way it isThat's just they way it is, it is, when you're waiting.