Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

heres one from the time period, and Im really wondering why this isnt more popular than it is

I mean this has much more energy and power than you've got another thing coming and breaking the law

Hmm I wonder if this factors into the thing I saw them say on VH1 once, where back in the day they would make like 2 or 3 songs that were essentally just made to be popular to sell the albumn

while the rest were songs for the true fans and the people who enjoyed the music for what it was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From two of my favorite 80s bands/albums:

Talk Talk - April 5th (1986) "The Colour of Spring"

XTC - The Meeting Place (1986) "Skylarking"

Paddy and his Prefabulous Sprout made some really great albums back in the 80s with Steve McQueen (1985), From Langley Park To Mephis (1988) and Jordan: The Comeback (1990), and not to forget about Thomas Dolby who did a fantastic job as the bands "secret" weapon both as a producer and musician.

• Like 1

Rush had some great songs in the '80s.I know a lot of fans back then were put off with them using synths but it works for them IMHO.

• Like 1

Rush had some great songs in the '80s.I know a lot of fans back then were put off with them using synths but it works for them IMHO.

Permanent Waves (1980), Moving Pictures (1981) and Signals (1982) are all great records, and as with Genesis after Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett left both bands went from doing 20 minute epics to end up with 4-5 minute classics and I guess that made some fans angry as many labeled them as "sell-outs", but I think both groups made some of their finest albums in the 80s.

Here are two of my favorite Rush songs.

Rush - Subdivisions (1982)

Rush - Witch Hunt (1981)

This is my favourite song right now.

Then you might also like the cover by No Doubt.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Billy Idol.  

"Eyes Without A Face" 

I'm all out of hopeOne more bad dream could bring a fallWhen I'm far from homeDon't call me on the phoneTo tell me you're aloneIt's easy to deceiveIt's easy to teaseBut hard to get releaseLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceGot no human grace your eyes without a face.I spend so much timeBelieving all the liesTo keep the dream aliveNow it makes me sadIt makes me mad at truthFor loving what was youLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceGot no human grace your eyes without a face.When you hear the music you make a dipInto someone else's pocket then make a slip.Steal a car and go to Las Vegas oh, the gigolo pool.Hanging out by the state line,Turning holy water into wineDrinkin' it down, ohI'm on a bus on a psychedelic tripReading murder books tryin' to stay hip.I'm thinkin' of you you're out there soSay your prayers.Say your prayers.Say your prayers.Now I close my eyesAnd I wonder whyI don't despiseNow all I can doIs love what was onceSo alive and newBut it's gone from your eyesI'd better realiseLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceLes yeux sans visage eyes without a faceGot no human grace your eyes without a face.Such a human waste your eyes without a faceAnd now it's getting worse.
  • Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSe--2iqCLk

"Now that she has gone
I've got to shake the pain, act like a man
The sweetness that's inside
Will slowly die away"

Back when Sheffield produced class acts like ABC, Def Leppard, The Human League, Joe Cocker, Pulp and Heaven 17.

Great little tune from my favorite Heaven 17 album, How Men Are (1984).