Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

Thanks to YouTube and Pandora Radio I've been digging into some Yello.

The video version actually sounds fairly different from the one used on Miami Vice.

• Like 1

Is this a joke?

I have nothing against Gwen Stefani or No Doubt and I remember back in 2003 their version of It's my life helped Talk Talk back into the top album charts for the first time in many, many years.

But when it comes to live performances they should probably stay away from doing old Talk Talk classics.

I still have "nightmares" thanks to their horrible live version back in 2003:  :evil:

Thanks to YouTube and Pandora Radio I've been digging into some Yello.

Stella (1985) is a great album, and I was blown away at how good it still sounds after getting a hold of the remastered version last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EqZE2uawU

Edited by ArtieRollins

Is this a joke?

Nope...I happened to like their cover, though I am not a No Doubt fan. To each his own apparently.

I have nothing against Gwen Stefani or No Doubt and I remember back in 2003 their version of It's my life helped Talk Talk back into the top album charts for the first time in many, many years.

Exactly...I had not even remembered the Talk Talk version until the No Doubt cover was released. Brought the former group back into the spotlight.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Before New Gold Dream, John Hughes, Molly Ringwald and world domination Simple Minds would prove early on that they were a force to be reckoned with:

• Like 1

Before New Gold Dream, John Hughes, Molly Ringwald and world domination Simple Minds would prove early on that they were a force to be reckoned with:

Great songs 

Thankyou 

Foreigner's 4 (1981) is a great rock album that combines soft power ballads with more upbeat rock songs and includes some fine synth work by a young Thomas Dolby and were produced by the legendary Robert Mutt Lange.

• Like 1

I love Simple Minds, Sons And Fascination album is one of my favourities.

My fav. TFF song:

:radio:   :dance2:

• Like 2