Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

Guest kleine miss jackie

Depeche ModeSomebody

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6po9SB7X5BI&feature=related

I want somebody to share share the rest of my life share my innermost thoughts know my intimate details someone who'll stand by my side and give me support and in return she'll get my support She will listen to me when I want to speak about the world we live in and life in general though my views may be wrong they may even be perverted she'll hear me out and won't easily be converted to my way of thinking in fact she'll often disagree but at the end of it all she will understand me ah I want somebody who cares for me passionately with every thought and with every breath someone who'll help me see things in a different light all the things I detest I will almost like I don't want to be tied to anyone's strings I'm carefully trying to steer clear of those things but when I'm asleep I want somebody who will put their arms around me kiss me tenderly though things like this make me sick in a case like this I'll get away with it ah

I think we need some Springsteen in this threadBruce Springsteen Downbound Train (& Great guitar riff in here)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-dtbnfzKA

I had a job, I had a girl I had something going, mister, in this world I got laid off down at the lumber yard Our love went bad, times got hard Now I work down at the car wash Where all it ever does is rain Don't you feel like you're a rider on a downbound train She just said, "Joe, I gotta go We had it once, we ain't got it anymore" She packed her bags, left me behind She bought a ticket on the Central Line Nights as I sleep, I hear that whistle whining I feel her kiss in the misty rain And I feel like I'm a rider on a downbound train Last night I heard your voice You were crying, crying, you were so alone You said your love had never died You were waiting for me at home Put on my jacket, I ran through the woods I ran till I thought my chest would explode There in the clearing, beyond the highway In the moonlight, our wedding house shone I rushed through the yard I burst through the front door, my head pounding hard Up the stairs I climbed The room was dark, our bed was empty Then I heard that long whistle whine And I dropped to my knees, hung my head and cried Now I swing a sledge hammer on a railroad gang Knocking down them cross ties, working in the rain Now, don't it feel like you're a rider on a downbound train

Guest kleine miss jackie

Paul King love and pride

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=o052O-IKBR0&feature=related

That's what my heart yearns for now - love and pride.That's what my heart yearns for now - love and pride.Start your journey early or maybe laterget your boots onLook for rainbowsit's cloudyTake your hairdryerblow them all away.In you I've found a story I want to keep hearing.In you I see all coloursnot just black or white.In you I find a reason and hope for all dreamersYou are my fillyou're my supply of love and pride.That's what my heart yearns for now - love and pride. . . .Knowingsensingseeingeatingsleepingthat's just being.Touchingtestinglovingwanting and takingmore love and more pride.In you I've found a story I want to keep hearing. . . .I'm taking it round the world - some love and pride.That's what my heart yearns for now - love and pride. . . .That's what my heart yeanis for now - love and pride. . . .

Guest kleine miss jackie

Howard Joneslike to get to know you well

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3qA54Fn_Q&feature=related

Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well So we can be one We can be one together. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you wellSo we can be oneWe can be one together. Together we can cast away the fear Together we can wipe away the tear. Together we can strip down the barriers and be one. Don't wanna talk about the weather Don't wanna talk about the news Just wanna get to the real you inside. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well . . . Don't you think now is time we should be feeling? Just wanna simply say Won't let you slip away. People wanna talk about the future Don't wanna linger on the past Just wanna reach to the real you inside. Forget cold glances and rejections Leave the things that separate Build on a trust that we must stand on. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well . . . Finding all are insecure opening the same door Leaving out a stubborn pride seeing from another side. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D4g-4a1L7U

Howard Jones - Don't Always Look At The RainSome people I know have given up on their livesDrowning their sorrows, and mumblin', and forgot the fightWe can tip the balance we can break those barriers downLittle things count as much as the big and turn it all aroundAnd it's oh, don't always look at the rainNo, don't look at the rainSome people I know have lost their feel for mysteryThey say everything has got to be proved, this isn't a nurseryAnd Joseph who's five years old, stops fights in his playground yardNo more fights and bigotry, oh is it so hardAnd it's oh, don't always look at the rainNo, don't always look at the rainHa, don't always look at the rainAnd tell me, is it a crime to have an ideal or twoEvolving takes its time, we can't do it all in one goDoesn't have to drive us all mad, we can only do our bestLet the mind shut up, and the heart do the rest

More SpringsteenNo one tells a story better than the Boss...

I was eight years old and running with a dime in my handInto the bus stop to pick up a paper for my old manId sit on his lap in that big old buick and steer as we drove through townHed tousle my hair and say son take a good look aroundThis is your hometown, this is your hometownThis is your hometown, this is your hometownIn `65 tension was running high at my high schoolThere was a lot of fights between the black and whiteThere was nothing you could doTwo cars at a light on a saturday night in the back seat there was a gunWords were passed in a shotgun blastTroubled times had come to my hometownMy hometown, my hometown, my hometownNow main streets whitewashed windows and vacant storesSeems like there aint nobody wants to come down here no moreThey're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracksForeman says these jobs are going boys and they aint coming back toYour hometown, your hometown, your hometown, your hometownLast night me and kate we laid in bed talking about getting outPacking up our bags maybe heading southIm thirty-five we got a boy of our own nowLast night I sat him up behind the wheel and said son take a goodLook aroundThis is your hometown

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4Rg_9JsMw Duran Duran - The Man Who Stole A Leopard

This is awesome... This is what they should have been doing all along. Maybe it will re open the new wave genre. What do you call this? New New Wave?

The Box - Must I always rememberAnd it’s earlyI’m standing in the chillRight acrossThere’s a lady who waitsAnd I shiverHoping it won’t be longThere’s a train that’s headed my wayAnd I don’t know where I’m going(CHORUS)Must I always rememberI can’t keep looking back?Must they always remind meThe goal is hard to reach?Very prettyThe country goes byVery farFrom where I used to beI don’t feelLike dreaming anymoreI contain my emotionsAnd I think I understand(CHORUS)Must I always rememberI can’t keep looking back?Must they always remind meThe goal is hard to reach?Must I always rememberI can’t keep looking back?Must they always remind meThe goal is hard to reach?Very soonWe will enter a cityAll the same as where I came fromAnd I’ll like it just the same(CHORUS)Must I always rememberI can’t keep looking back?Must I always remind meThe goal is hard to reach?Must I always rememberI can’t keep looking back?Must I always remind meThe goal is hard to reach?Hey, hey, hey, hey

Guest kleine miss jackie

Roxy Musicmore than this

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mSCMgYyQE&feature=related

I could feel at the timeThere was no way of knowingFallen leaves in the nightWho can say where they're blowing?As free as the windHopefully learningWhy the sea on the tideHas no way of turning?More than this, you know there is nothingMore than this, tell me one thingMore than this, there is nothingIt was fun for a whileThere was no way of knowingLike a dream in the nightWho can say where we're going?No care in the worldMaybe I'm learningWhy the sea on the tideHas no way of turning?More than this, you know there is nothingMore than this, tell me one thingMore than this, now there is nothingMore than this, nothingMore than thisMore than this, nothing

Can't leave out this awesome Howard Jones number...The video doesn't mean nearly as much as the words. They are the important part.

We're not scared to lose it allSecurity throw through the wallFuture dreams we have to realizeA thousand sceptic handsWon't keep us from the things we planUnless we're clinging to the things we prizeAnd do you feel scared - I doBut I won't stop and falterAnd if we threw it all awayThings can only get betterWow wow wow oh, wow wow wow oh oh oh ohTreating today as though it wasThe last, the final showGet to sixty and feel no regretIt may take a little timeA lonely path, an uphill climbSuccess or failure will not alter itAnd do you feelWow wow wow oh...

Click:

World turns black and whitePictures in an empty roomYour love starts fallin' downBetter change your tuneYeah, you reach for the golden ringReach for the skyBaby, just spread your wingsWe'll get higher and higherStraight up we'll climbWe'll get higher and higherLeave it all behindRun, run, run awayLike a train runnin' off the trackGot the truth bein' left behindFalls between the cracksStandin' on broken dreamsNever losin' sight, ahWell just spread your wingsWe'll get higher and higherStraight up we'll climbWe'll get higher and higherLeave it all behindSo baby dry your eyesSave all the tears you've criedOh, that's what dreams are made of'Cause we belong in a world that must be strongOh, that's what dreams are made ofYeah, we'll get higher and higherStraight up we'll climbHigher and higherLeave it all behindOh, we'll get higher and higherWho knows what we'll find?So baby dry your eyesSave all the tears you've criedOh, that's what dreams are made ofOh baby, we belong in a world that must be strongOh, that's what dreams are made ofAnd in the end on dreams we will depend'Cause that's what love is made of

I know it's 1979, but it's just a great song. :)Click:

Have you seen her? So fine and prettyFooled me with her style and easeAnd I feel her from across the roomYes, it's love in the third degreeOoh, baby babyWon't-cha turn your head my way?Ooh, baby babyAh come on! Take a chanceYou're old enough toDance (Dance) the night awayWhoa-oh (Ah) Come on g-girl, dance the night awayA live wire, barely a beginnerBut just watch that lady goShe's on fire, 'cause dancin' gets her higher than-uhAnything else she knowsOoh, baby babyWon't-cha turn your head my way?Ooh, baby babyWell don't skip romance 'causeYou're old enough toDance (Dance) the night awayOh-oh-oh (Ah) Come on g-girl, dance the night awayOh, oh-oh-oh oh yeah(Guitar Solo)Dance (oh) the night away. Hey, hey, yeah!Dance, dance, dance the night awayAh come on baby (Dance the night away) Hey, hey yeah!Dance, dance, dance the night awayUh, come on baby, baby (Dance the night away) Ooh, ooh, yeahDance, dance, dance the night away. Ah, ha ow!

Click:

In the Still of the NightI hear the wolf howl, honeySniffing around your doorIn the Still of the NightI feel my heart beating heavyTelling me I gotta have moreIn the shadow of nightI see the full moon riseTelling me what's in store,My heart start achingMy body start a shakingAnd I can't take no more, no, noNow I just wanna get close to youAn' taste your love so sweetAnd I just wanna make love to youFeel your body heat...In the Still of the Night...In the Still of the Night...Over here baby...In the heat of the dayI hang my head down lowAnd hide my face from the sunThrough the light of the dayUntil the evening timeI'm waiting for the night to comeIn the Still of the Night,In the cool moonlight,I feel heart is achingIn the Still of the Night...Tell me here babyIn the Still of the NightI hear the wolf howl, honeySniffing around your door...In the Still of the NightI feel my heart beating heavyTelling me I gotta have more...Now I just wanna get close to youAn' taste your love so sweetAnd I just wanna make love to youFeel your body heat.In the Still of the Night...Still of the Night,Still of the Night,Still of the Night...

Click:

I don't know where I'm goingBut, I sure know where I've beenHanging on the promisesIn songs of yesterdayAn' I've made up my mind,I ain't wasting no more timeBut, here I go againHere I go againTho' I keep searching for an answer,I never seem to find what I'm looking forOh Lord, I prayYou give me strength to carry on,'Cos I know what it meansTo walk along the lonely street of dreamsAn' here I go again on my ownGoin' down the only road I've ever known,Like a hobo I was born to walk aloneAn' I've made up my mindI ain't wasting no more timeI'm just another heart in need of rescue,Waiting on love's sweet charityAn' I'm gonna hold onFor the rest of my days,'Cos I know what it meansTo walk along the lonely street of dreamsAn' here I go again on my ownGoin' down the only road I've ever known,Like a hobo I was born to walk aloneAn' I've made up my mindI ain't wasting no more timeBut, here I go again,Here I go again,Here I go again,Here I go...An' I've made up my mind,I ain't wasting no more timeAn' here I go again on my ownGoin' down the only road I've ever known,Like a hobo I was born to walk alone'Cos I know what it meansTo walk along the lonely street of dreamsAn' here I go again on my ownGoin' down the only road I've ever known,Like a hobo I was born to walk aloneAn' I've made up my mindI ain't wasting no more time...But, here I go again,Here I go again,Here I go again,Here I go,Here I go again...

Click:

(God works in mysterious ways)(I had a dream..)Hey!One man one goal Har! one mission.One heart one soul just one solutionOne flash of light yeah one god one visionOne flesh one boneOne true religionOne voice one hopeOne real decisionWowowowow gimme one visionEh!No wrong no rightI'm gonna tell you there's no black and no whiteNo blood no stainAll we need is one world wide visionOne flesh one boneOne true religionOne race one hopeOne real decisionWowowowow oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah!I had a dreamWhen I was youngA dream of sweet illusionA glimpse of hope and unityAnd visions of one sweet unionBut a cold wind blowsAnd a dark rain fallsAnd in my heart it showsLook what they've done to my dreeeeaaams...Ow!One visionSo give me your handsGive me your heartsI'm readyThere's only one directionOne world one nationYeah one visionNo hate no fightJust exultationAll through the nightIt's a celebrationWowowowow yeahOne one one one...One vision...(hey!)One flesh one boneOne true religionOne voice one hopeOne real decisionGimme one light, yeahGimme one hope, heyJust gimme, ahOne man one manOne bar one nightOne day hey heyJust gimme gimme gimme gimmeFried chickenVision...vision...
  • Like 1

Click: U2 - With or without youSee the stone set in your eyesSee the thorn twist in your side.I wait for you.Sleight of hand and twist of fateOn a bed of nails she makes me waitAnd I wait without youWith or without youWith or without you.Through the storm, we reach the shoreYou gave it all but I want moreAnd I'm waiting for youWith or without youWith or without you.I can't live with or without you.And you give yourself awayAnd you give yourself awayAnd you give, and you giveAnd you give yourself away.My hands are tied, my body bruisedShe´s got me with nothing to winAnd nothing left to lose.And you give yourself awayAnd you give yourself awayAnd you give, and you giveAnd you give yourself away.With or without youWith or without youI can't liveWith or without you.With or without youWith or without youI can't liveWith or without youWith or without you.

Click:

There's times i reach inside myselfCome up emptyShe knowsAll the things i said and did, add up to nothingShe knowsShe takes me to the roomSays forget about the pastLet's make this moment lastChorus:These are the good timesThese are the times we're gonna laugh aboutNow is the time we're gonna dance and shoutCause these are the good timesTime after time, when the world is pulling me downShe saves meAll the storms of another dayRise up inside like a hurricaneShe savesShe takes me to the roomSays dont worry anymoreLove is what lifeis forChorusGood times!(Guitar solo)She tells me we can still dance in the rainShe holds me close through the nightAnd I will love her, again and againShe makes everything riiiiiiiiiiiiiiightThese are the times we're gonna laugh aboutNow is our time, we gotta dance and shoutThese are the good timesThese are the good timesThese are the times we're gonna laugh aboutNow is the time, we're gonna dance and shoutThese are the good timesThese are the good timesThese are the times we're gonna laugh aboutNow is the time, we're gonna dance and shoutThese are the good times.....(fade out)

Click:

Wastin' timeI can't tellHangin' onTo hell as wellYou might findSomeone elseWe have alwaysSold ourselvesWhere is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Playing gamesSee her faceHoldin' onIt's still the sameI might findSomeone elseLove is alwaysSecond bestWhere is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?And you trust...Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy and trust?Where is the love I've lost?Where is the mercy?Where is the mercy?Where is the mercy?
  • Like 1

I Want to know what love is --Foreigner

I gotta take a little timeA little time to think things overI better read between the linesIn case I need it when I'm olderAaaah woah-ah-aahNow this mountain I must climb Feels like a world upon my shouldersAnd through the clouds I see love shineIt keeps me warm as life grows colderIn my life there's been heartache and painI don't know if I can face it againCan't stop now, I've traveled so farTo change this lonely lifeI wanna know what love isI want you to show meI wanna feel what love isI know you can show meAaaah woah-oh-oohI'm gonna take a little timeA little time to look around me, oooh ooh-ooh ooh-ooh ooohI've got nowhere left to hideIt looks like love has finally found meIn my life there's been heartache and painI don't know if I can face it againI can't stop now, I've traveled so farTo change this lonely lifeI wanna know what love isI want you to show meI wanna feel what love isI know you can show meI wanna know what love isI want you to show meAnd I wanna feel, I want to feel what love isAnd I know, I know you can show meLet's talk about love(I wanna know what love is) the love that you feel inside(I want you to show me) I'm feeling so much love(I wanna feel what love is) no, you just cannot hide(I know you can show me) yeah, woah-oh-oohI wanna know what love is, let's talk about love(I want you to show me) I wanna feel it too(I wanna feel what love is) I wanna feel it tooAnd I know, and I know, I know you can show meShow me what is real, woah (woah), yeah I know(I wanna know what love is) hey I wanna know what love(I want you to show me), I wanna know, I wanna know, want know(I wanna feel what love is), hey I wanna feel, loveI know you can show me, yeah

Guest kleine miss jackie

Jennifer Rush the power of love

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr0xJBsVbZY

The whispers in the morning Of lovers sleeping tight Are rolling by like thunder now As I look in your eyes I hold on to your body And feel each move you make Your voice is warm and tender A love that I could not forsake Chorus: 'Cause I am your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I'll do all that I can Lost is how I'm feeling Lying in your arms When the world outside's too much to take That all ends when I'm with you Even though there may be times It seems I'm far away But never wonder where I am 'Cause I am always by your side Chorus: 'Cause I am your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I'll do all that I can We're heading for something Somewhere I've never been Sometimes I am frightened But I'm ready to learn 'Bout the power of love The sound of your heart beating Made it clear suddenly The feeling that I can't go on Is light years away Chorus: 'Cause I’m your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I'm gonna do all that I can We're heading for something Somewhere I've never been Sometimes I am frightened But I'm ready to learn 'Bout the power of love We're heading for something Somewhere I've never been Sometimes I am frightened But I'm ready to learn 'Bout the power of love Oh the power of love The power of love Sometimes I am frightened But I'm ready to learn 'Bout the power of love

Howard Joneslike to get to know you well

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3qA54Fn_Q&feature=related

Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well

Like to get to know you well So we can be one We can be one together.

Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well

Like to get to know you wellSo we can be oneWe can be one together.

Together we can cast away the fear Together we can wipe away the tear. Together we can strip down the barriers and be one. Don't wanna talk about the weather Don't wanna talk about the news

Just wanna get to the real you inside. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well . . . Don't you think now is time we should be feeling? Just wanna simply say Won't let you slip away. People wanna talk about the future Don't wanna linger on the past

Just wanna reach to the real you inside. Forget cold glances and rejections Leave the things that separate

Build on a trust that we must stand on.

Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well . . . Finding all are insecure opening the same door

Leaving out a stubborn pride seeing from another side. Like to get to know you well Like to get to know you well...

Great song...Too bad this one didn`t show up on the "Better Off Dead"soundtrack...

Guest kleine miss jackie

This Song is for a very special person...Richard Marxright here waiting (for you)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLi_osYNsOU

Oceans apart day after dayAnd I slowly go insaneI hear your voice on the lineBut it doesnt stop the painIf I see you next to neverHow can we say foreverWherever you goWhatever you doI will be right here waiting for youWhatever it takesOr how my heart breaksI will be right here waiting for youI took for granted, all the timesThat I thought would last somehowI hear the laughter, I taste the tearsBut I cant get near you nowOh, cant you see it babyYouve got me goin crazyWherever you goWhatever you doI will be right here waiting for youWhatever it takesOr how my heart breaksI will be right here waiting for youI wonder how we can surviveThis romanceBut in the end if Im with youIll take the chanceWherever you goWhatever you doI will be right here waiting for youWhatever it takesOr how my heart breaksI will be right here waiting for youWaiting for you

Speaking of Richard Marx, this is my favorite track of his:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FujIQkKH15w

Memories of you and me Tumble inside my head The way that we used to be Things that we said No one has ever made me believe so strong You left me to wonder How did our love go wrong Angelia Where you running to now Angelia Got to make you turn around I lie awake at night Wait for the sun to shine I still feel you next to me Your lips on mine Without a warning You made our love a lie You said you were sorry But you never told me why Angelia Where you running to now Angelia Got to make you turn around Maybe my love is in vain Maybe you're the hurting kind Can't take no more of this pain I've got to get you off my mind Tried to be what you wanted I gave you all I had You left me with nothin' Nothin' but a photograph Angelia Where you running to now Angelia Got to make you turn around Angelia Where you running to now Angelia Got to make you turn around