What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

13 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Tears For Fears were geniuses. I think this is one of their best tracks ever, and it even outshines "Shout" from the same album.

Some great videos posted here lately. Keep 'em coming :radio:

The Working Hour is one of the finest pop/rock songs from the 80s. Fantastic and haunting. One of very few sax driven tunes that always makes me want to put on some cool sunglasses and comb my hair backwards and then try out my best air-sax impression. 

1 hour ago, James said:

It's just another manic Monday...

I Don’t Like Mondays, but I love these guys and girl:

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ArtieRollins:

The Working Hour is one of the finest pop/rock songs from the 80s. Fantastic and haunting. One of very few sax driven tunes that always makes me want to put on some cool sunglasses and comb my hair backwards and then try out my best air-sax impression.

What gives me goose bumps every time about that song is the way you can hear the saxophone's keys clicking in the intro. THAT is real music. Somebody holding a saxophone into a mic and actually playing a tune, and making you feel as if you're standing next to them.

The better your stereo system or your speakers or headphones, the more vivid the clicking sound will be over the notes. I have used the intro of this track to judge the quality of speakers, for example when I went out and bought a pair of home speakers a few years ago.

Also, I think the percussion on that song was done almost completely with a Fairlight. If you listen closely, it kind of sounds like they were using some of the same percussion patches as Jan Hammer.

But anyway. "Songs From The Big Chair" is one of THE definitive albums of the mid-80s. Your 80s collection simply isn't complete without it.

Edited by Daytona74

This song is single-handedly responsible for a few dozen early-90s Indie music tracks that came after it.

(Oh yeah, and "Fight Club" of course wasn't a bad movie either... :cool: )

I have lost count on how many times I have been re-watching these two videos. The music along with its nostalgic feel-good 80s commercials, are done to perfection.

Edited by ArtieRollins

This is the only music video I could come to think of, how it would look, if the roles were reversed in a cop show. :p :cool:

It was the first one that came to mind maybe there are other music videos also.

Edited by summer84