What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

The perfect song for a drive through nightly downtown at balmy temperatures.

This song was dismissed as being the weakest on Bryan Ferry's eponymous album when it first came out. I personally think it's the best one he has ever done.

• Like 1

Alice Cooper - I Never Cry (1976)

God Bless America (2011), my favorite of many of the super-hero/vigilante themed movies and I think of it as a superiour one compared to the much overhyped Kick -Ass films. Certainly one of Bobcat Goldtwaits best films.

Edited by ArtieRollins

The Connells - '74-'75 (1995)

I remember this song/video, back when MTV actually played music videos most of the time and I remembered how great and simple the video was done, and yet there was a certain sadness to it. In 2015 a new video of this  90s hit were being released with new footage of the people from the video, and it was a very well done tribute.

• Like 1

"Foook me!" - Bob Hoskins reacting towards the mess in Geldof's or the movie character, Pink's room. Kind of how my mum reacted back when I was a teenager and she would try to sneak-peak into my room, which was not always that clean, but then again I did not become the next Hitler. :)

Anyway I dont think this was ever released as an official music video, but I remember seeing the film and I was hooked on both the film and music. Pretty nightmarish and yet beautiful movie/music video, along with probably one of the greatest guitar solos-outros ever written. 

Edited by ArtieRollins

There are two childrens 90s TV shows I would "almost kill for" to have in my movie collection, and that is the beautiful The Animals of Farthing (not farting) Wood and The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Both had at times stunning animation and stories that were not always only for children, but could be enjoyed by grown ups too. The Animals of Farthing Wood was kind of a shock back then, as I remember it killed off a lot animal characters, (kind of like the animal version of Sopranos) as you never knew if your favorite character would survive the next episode. :)

"Tango In The Night" to me is one of the most significant mainstream pop albums of the late 1980s.

And it's just got a whole string of really pretty neat songs on it, not just this one.

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

"Tango In The Night" to me is one of the most significant mainstream pop albums of the late 1980s.

And it's just got a whole string of really pretty neat songs on it, not just this one.

LOVE that album!!

Anyone for Count Basie?

I have this album. Really nice Roland synth and drum machine sounds. Easy to see how 2 of the cuts made it onto MV. 

Also, would've liked to had more than only that song for Michael Jackson on MV. 

Edited by Dadrian