What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

So much nostalgia with this song. Reminds me of my childhood in the late 90s and early 00's. Pretty much the defining song of 2001. I think my brother had a Ja Rule cassette back in the day, I'll have to look for it.

1 hour ago, James said:

So much nostalgia with this song. Reminds me of my childhood in the late 90s and early 00's. Pretty much the defining song of 2001. I think my brother had a Ja Rule cassette back in the day, I'll have to look for it.

Such a great song and yes nostalgic !

• Like 1

I just learned about the MV bluray release, so friends the time has come to raise the roof and have some fun:fireworks::fireworks:

Edited by thedeparted94
  • Like 3

Sting has done a few duo tours lately. He has a new album coming out. After that tour is over, I REALLY wish he would do a tour with Phil--such a logical choice. 

I always thought ZZ Top were just really pretty cool  (are they still active?).

And this is a great song to put the bass cones on your speakers through their paces :)

• Like 1

I also find his beautiful work on Dario Argento's giallo classic, The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971) and especially the films main theme, Ninna Nanna In Blu to be among his best:

Original version:

Previously unreleased version:

25 minutes ago, ArtieRollins said:

Another fine piece by Morricone, from one of the best spaghetti westerns of the late 60s, The Great Silence (1968).

The Great Silence is a great film. It's another film I discovered through Moviedrome. That and Django, which is fantastic. Both by the same director Sergio Corbucci.
It's unusual to have a western in the snow and it matched the bleak tone of the film. Great Morricone score too. One of the best westerns ever