What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

From the last page and Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face, beautiful song, and I remember getting into his music after been listening to german techno/dance act, Scooter who paid their respect to Billy and his 80s hits, first out was Rebel Yell which might be their biggest cover hit (one of too many) around 1996, but I prefer their more downbeat version of Eyes Without a Face from 1998, and should have been a single instead of their horrible Kiss cover of I Was Made For Loving You.

16 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga....

Had no idea that Tony Bennett had turned 90. He sure has lived a long life. And yes the Lady gaga is a tramp. :D

After seeing your birthday topic Tony D (in which I don't post, so I cant' break that "rule") I meant to post a song of the other Tony, but there were too many great songs to choose from.  

Edited by summer84

23 hours ago, ArtieRollins said:

Only You is beautiful, I think it is sung by Alison or Alice Moyet? and the music was produced by Vince Clarke, the original leader/writer of early Depeche Mode and they went on to became a sucsessful duo known as Yazoo.

I have lost count on how many time their song Don't Go have been remixed/remade/covered by dance, trance and techno acts in the late 90s/early 00s. Did not know then that it was a Yazoo tune before seeing Tango & Cash (1989) were a young and very stunning Teri Hatcher dances to it, in a night club:

Love the song and video! Fantastic! Can't remember, if I've seen the movie before, though.

You always add some interesting info to the music videos you post, I just listen to music. :)

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

Can't remember, if I've seen the movie before, though.

The clip is from the action-buddy cop film, Tango & Cash (1989) with Sly Stallone, Kurt Russel, Jack Palance and Teri Hatcher. Not a masterpiece but still a fun 80s movie and as a kid I always wanted to see a sequel, but it never happened. I guess the closest thing now, is either a DTV sequel with unkown actors or that Hollwyood keep on with their creative schedule and remakes it. 

I just bought Batman vs. Superman, haven't actually seen it as I have lost a bit of interest in the wave of super-hero films for the past few years, but I guess it can't be that horrible, and if so I will probably just see it through and later on give it to a friend of mine. Anyway, last night I ended up seeing the cult-classic that is: Batman: The Movie (1966) with Adam West and Burt Ward, fantastic stuff, hilarious and highly entertaining.

"They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're also human beings." :)

Edited by ArtieRollins
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, summer84 said:

Had no idea that Tony Bennett had turned 90. He sure has lived a long life. And yes the Lady gaga is a tramp. :D

After seeing your birthday topic Tony D (in which I don't post, so I cant' break that "rule") I meant to post a song of the other Tony, but there were too many great songs to choose from.  

There's no "rule" summer84.....you can post a Birthday if I miss one or you want to add one. ;)

Frankie Lymon's "Why do Fools Fall in Love" is the first rock & roll record I bought when I was about 12 yrs. old. :wuerg:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArtieRollins said:

The clip is from the action-buddy cop film, Tango & Cash (1989) with Sly Stallone, Kurt Russel, Jack Palance and Teri Hatcher. Not a masterpiece but still a fun 80s movie and as a kid I always wanted to see a sequel, but it never happened. I guess the closest thing now, is either a DTV sequel with unkown actors or that Hollwyood keep on with their creative schedule and remakes it. 

I just bought Batman vs. Superman, haven't actually seen it as I have lost a bit of interest in the wave of super-hero films for the past few years, but I guess it can't be that horrible, and if so I will probably just see it through and later on give it to a friend of mine. Anyway, last night I ended up seeing the cult-classic that is: Batman: The Movie (1966) with Adam West and Burt Ward, fantastic stuff, hilarious and highly entertaining.

"They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're also human beings." :)

Funny quotes! Man... Watching this, I completely forgot there was also Catwoman "very creative of Hollywood." She's like the crazy version/villain of "Joker."

There is some music in the background in the first video, so I think that counts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

There's no "rule" summer84.....you can post a Birthday if I miss one or you want to add one. ;)

Frankie Lymon's "Why do Fools Fall in Love" is the first rock & roll record I bought when I was about 12 yrs. old. :wuerg:

Maybe I should add my own... Naah

It's kind of an intern "rule", I have with myself. I haven't broken it for anyone, not even, when it was Don Johnsons birthday, except for the like, I gave in the topic.

Couldn't help it. :D:happy:

7 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I completely forgot there was also Catwoman "very creative of Hollywood." She's like the crazy version/villain of "Joker."

Oh, I almost forgot about Michelle Pfeiffer :happy: She was something else in the role as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992) and compared to the "new" Catwomen such as Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway, they just look so random and ordinary, compared to Pfeiffer. Her mental breakdown scene was very scary when I saw it as kid, but the music by Danny Elfman fitted so well with her character and I kind of wish that the movie would only have one villain, instead of three, as both Max Schreck (Walken) and Oswald Cobblepot, the Penguin (Devito) takes up too much time and often in very silly scenes, where as Selina/Catmona was far more interesting. But then again, it was a Tim Burton film and certainly one of his most gothic one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ArtieRollins said:

Oh, I almost forgot about Michelle Pfeiffer :happy: She was something else in the role as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992) and compared to the "new" Catwomen

Not to mention her roles in Scarface, the Fabulous Baker Boys, et al.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Speaking of Batman films, even though the quality of Batman Forever (1995) and Batman and Robin (1997) where rather poor compared to the ones before and after, I always enjoyed their film soundtracks, even though some of the songs only was used in the ending credits:

5 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Not to mention her roles in Scarface, the Fabulous Baker Boys, et al.

Her screwball comedy film with Jeff Goldblum In To The Night (1985) by John Landis is another fine and a bit overlooked Michelle Pfeiffer movie. David Bowie shows up as an assassin and B.B. King wrote the music. Also Bruce McGill plays Pfeiffer's Elvis, crazed brother. It fits in with similar titles such as Blind Date (1987), Something Wild (1986) and Who's That Girl (1987), where a lonely, boring man ends up with a wild and crazy woman and together ends up with one hell of an adventure. Something Wild does stand out, as it turns into a much darker and more violent film halfway in.

The fight scene between "Catwoman" and "Batman" also reminded of this music video.

"Does this mean we have to start fighting..." "Let's go outside" "Selina" and "Bruce" in Batman Returns.

Edited by summer84