Daytona74

Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

PalmTree

SONNY CROCKETT WASN'T THE FIRST SONNY CROCKETT.

Prior to Miami Vice, Yerkovich was a writer and producer on Hill Street Blues. In 1983, a year before Miami Vice’s premiere, actor Dennis Burkley appeared in four episodes of Hill Street Blues, playing a racist biker named “Sonny Crockett.”

THE NETWORK DIDN’T WANT DON JOHNSON.

Though the casting conversation kept coming back to Don Johnson for the role of Sonny Crockett, the network was against casting him, deeming him pilot poison. “I had made five pilots for Brandon Tartikoff back then, and none of them were picked up,” Johnson told Rolling Stone.

I personally think its safe to say if MV hadn't exploded we wouldn't know who DJ even is.

Edited by PalmTree

timm525
46 minutes ago, PalmTree said:

SONNY CROCKETT WASN'T THE FIRST SONNY CROCKETT.

Prior to Miami Vice, Yerkovich was a writer and producer on Hill Street Blues. In 1983, a year before Miami Vice’s premiere, actor Dennis Burkley appeared in four episodes of Hill Street Blues, playing a racist biker named “Sonny Crockett.”

THE NETWORK DIDN’T WANT DON JOHNSON.

Though the casting conversation kept coming back to Don Johnson for the role of Sonny Crockett, the network was against casting him, deeming him pilot poison. “I had made five pilots for Brandon Tartikoff back then, and none of them were picked up,” Johnson told Rolling Stone.

I personally think its safe to say if MV hadn't exploded we wouldn't know who DJ even is.

I know Larry Wilcox from Chips was in the running for a while.

PalmTree

What fascinates me so much about MV is the range of it's influence.  Music, television, movies, cars, clothes, architecture, etc. etc..  No TV show ever has or probably never will have the influence that MV had.

• Like 2

ViceFanMan
41 minutes ago, PalmTree said:

What fascinates me so much about MV is the range of it's influence.  Music, television, movies, cars, clothes, architecture, etc. etc..  No TV show ever has or probably never will have the influence that MV had.

Could not have said it better! What’s even more awesome is that those influences and styles are still being used and copied in TV today! 

Stinger390X
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Could not have said it better! What’s even more awesome is that those influences and styles are still being used and copied in TV today! 

Choogotitmang!

• Like 1

ViceFanMan
1 minute ago, Stinger390X said:

Choogotitmang!

:dance2: