Which one are you watching?

aly 7

I'm just done watching what I would consider to be the objectively the greatest episode of all of vice.

"Payback"

It lives up the premise of the Pilot. It has great source music and jan hammer music. The story is great, it's action packed with plenty of water/scarabb scenes and it's beautifully directed by Aaron Lipstadt.

• Like 3

One of the all-time greats. So many great scenes such as:

- Sonny entering the high security prison. Ultra slick DJ!

- Sonny receiving calls the "share the wealth".

- Sonny and Rico meeting Fuente

- Sonny casually scrunching up and throwing away 'Fuente's 3 mil'

- Sonny and Castillo talking after hours

- Sonny and Cates dueling on the boat

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm slightly excited because I'm going to watch Golden Triangle parts 1 & 2 tonight in a couple of hours. Because part 2 aired 30 years ago today.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right now, I'm watching the Burnett trilogy, just finished Mirror Image, and now I'm on Hostile Takeover and then of course after that it's Redemption in Blood.  :cool:

• 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Yankee Dollar ...a great Ep. 

I almost went with that one tonight. Opted for “One Way Ticket” instead. 

Bang, you’re dead. :) 

2 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Now..Little Miss Dangerous..a FANTASTIC Episode ....

Man that whole disc is great.

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Man that whole disc is great.

Got that right pal. Blu-ray is FANTASTIC! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Did they ever get the Blu-ray issue fixed? Have yet to buy the series on Blu-ray. I have two regular versions already. One is kept in the living room DVD player and the other is in the bedroom DVD player. If I bough the Blu-ray version I'd have to build another room, then buy another TV, and and then buy another DVD player......:)

• Haha 1

I watch the Blu Rays every night. I always choose the 2.0 audio option for the original audio image experience. 

I’m not combing for errors when I watch, but so far, all I’ve noticed personally is the 10 (or so) seconds of audio that drops out during “Cry” at the end of “Definitely Miami”, and the audio being slightly out of sync on that episode, and maybe one or two others. 

All in all, the Blu Ray experience is superior for me. I’m certainly not knocking the DVDs. I still have mine, and I’d still be very happy with them if they were all I had, but if for the image quality of the season 1 episodes alone, the Blu Rays would be worth replacing if I lost mine. I felt like I was watching “Smugglers Blues” in some alternate dimension the first time I saw it on Blu Ray—absolutely beautiful. That episode looked worse than my old VHS recordings on the DVD set. I know we’ve been over all this, but now you have my “still cool with the Blu Rays” report. :tasse_prost:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I watch the Blu Rays every night. I always choose the 2.0 audio option for the original audio image experience. 

I’m not combing for errors when I watch, but so far, all I’ve noticed personally is the 10 (or so) seconds of audio that drops out during “Cry” at the end of “Definitely Miami”, and the audio being slightly out of sync on that episode, and maybe one or two others. 

All in all, the Blu Ray experience is superior for me. I’m certainly not knocking the DVDs. I still have mine, and I’d still be very happy with them if they were all I had, but if for the image quality of the season 1 episodes alone, the Blu Rays would be worth replacing if I lost mine. I felt like I was watching “Smugglers Blues” in some alternate dimension the first time I saw it on Blu Ray—absolutely beautiful. That episode looked worse than my old VHS recordings on the DVD set. I know we’ve been over all this, but now you have my “still cool with the Blu Rays” report. :tasse_prost:

You're right about Definitely Miami and I did have to adjust the Audio sync to eliminate the dialogue delay. But the missing 10 seconds of Cry at the end was VERY annoying to me, as that is my favorite episode. I asked Mill Creek if they were going to address that and they said no.  And I do agree that the Blu-ray colors really pop compared to the DVDs on a Hi-Def Flat Screen. 

• 1 month later...

The great “Junk Love” with the great Miles Davis. This scene was filmed at The Tunberry Isle Marina in Aventura :hippie:

C5F45EDA-8816-4D0F-9A06-76F7A6BE54A0.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...

coming out from heroes of the revolution, and on Out where the buses don’t run now :). i'm trying to concentrate to understand the whole plot of the episode. it's a very good episode, but complex