Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

airtommy- Charlie wrote, "While this location was seen in the background of Whatever Works in daylight it was seen in this other episode at night ..."  My interpretation is that he is mainly looking for a night scene.  This is a tough one.  Nice to see several really good sleuths playing location trivia these days.  Charlie did say it is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Very tough Jim - unless it was seen in the background of the boat/marina scene which was shot off Las Olas 

Charlie - It looks like everyone has this case in their "too-hard box."  We need a clue unless I got the right answer.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Charlie - It looks like everyone has this case in their "too-hard box."  We need a clue.

Very hard if a Lauderdale location - unless it was seen behind the "Dark Knight" Tubbs night time drive which went from Ultramont Mall in Downtown Miami to Fort Lauderdale  :D  :)  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

Very hard if a Lauderdale location - unless it was seen behind the "Dark Knight" Tubbs night time drive which went from Ultramont Mall in Downtown Miami to Fort Lauderdale  

No, he said "this location was seen in the background of Whatever Works in daylight".  It looks somewhat like the building across from the Elbo Room when the Porsche gets pulled over, but it's not quite the same.

My guess is that this building doesn't exist any more.

I'm goin to take a stab and say it's the Arc Light where Sonny and Rico take Lannie in Trust Fund Pirates.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

I am assuming I am right about Charlie's latest case being the Arc Light where Sonny and Rico take Lannie in Trust Fund Pirates.  Of course we won't know for sure until he says so but in the interest of keeping location trivia moving here is another case.  Hard IMO but not as hard as the last case.  This space has changed a lot so the best clue is it's size.  Episode and scene please.

t129

I am assuming I am right about Charlie's latest case being the Arc Light where Sonny and Rico take Lannie in Trust Fund Pirates.  Of course we won't know for sure until he says so but in the interest of keeping location trivia moving here is another case.  Hard IMO but not as hard as the last case.  This space has changed a lot so the best clue is it's size.  Episode and scene please.

Yes you are right about the Arc Light establishing shot. Nice work. I will solve your easy one if that's all right. Cinco gets lead poisoning from Trudy as he tried to escape Gina's out the back alley.

• Like 1

Yes you are right about the Arc Light establishing shot. Nice work

Where in Ft Lauderdale is this building?

• Like 1

Charlie you are correct of course.  The alley photo is Gina's place from "Give a little take a little," where Trudy shoots Cinco as he tries to make a getaway by going over the wall.  

airtommy wrote about the Arc Light: "Where in Ft Lauderdale is this building?  

The Candy Store is not at Las Olas, it was a few blocks north.

"... the former Caribbean Trade Winds Hotel, which houses the Candy Store ...  the beachfront bar at 1 N. Atlantic Blvd ..."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1989-04-07/news/8901180433_1_code-violations-hotel-rooms-code-enforcement-team

address confirmation:  http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Fort-Lauderdale/trade-winds-hotel-corporation-3541996.aspx

It's between Cortez St and Castillo St:  http://binged.it/1BK21kC

wpf886efb6_05_06.jpg

The Las Olas building is different:

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpb39bb868.p

Here is a good shot of the Tradewinds:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/20798543@N07/3054774306

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Have some time on my hands so thought I would introduce another case.  This is a night time drive by scene.  Image is from 2007. In Vice you see an elevated sign on the corner of the building and the building was lit by blue neon.  Episode and scene please. Click for larger image.

blue2

Edited by miamijimf

Have some time on my hands so thought I would introduce another case.  This is a night time drive by scene.  Image is from 2007. In Vice you see an elevated sign on the corner of the building and the building was lit by blue neon.  Episode and scene please. Click for larger image.

blue2

bump

This is a night time drive by scene.  Image is from 2007. In Vice you see an elevated sign on the corner of the building and the building was lit by blue neon.  Episode and scene please. Click for larger image.

blue2

In this episode you see Castillo fire his pistol - a rare occurence.

A guess is that this looks a bit like a cropped shot of the motel seen in Home Invaders when the bad guys are being tailed.

• Like 1

Congrats Sonny, you got it.  Ya the N. end of the Sunny Day Motel is seen as the bad guys turn from eastbound on NE 66th St. to southbound on Biscayne Blvd.  Expected this case to be solved sooner, must be vacation time for a lot of folks.

blue2

Blue6

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Congrats Sonny, you got it.  Ya the N. end of the Sunny Day Motel is seen as the bad guys turn from eastbound on NE 66th St. to southbound on Biscayne Blvd.  Expected this case to be solved sooner, must be vacation time for a lot of folks.

Great question Jim :D

I was fooled for a time because it didn't show the distinctive front turret of the motel in your shot. But I recalled the blue night time lighting and of course Castillo shooting the robbers.

• 4 months later...

I want to apologize in advance for this extremely cheeky trivia question.  I just can't help myself.    :)

trivia1.png

We see this building at night and off in the distance.   One more clue:  this location has been found, but incorrectly.   :p

I want to apologize in advance for this extremely cheeky trivia question.  I just can't help myself.    :)

trivia1.png

We see this building at night and off in the distance.   One more clue:  this location has been found, but incorrectly.   :p

Nice to see a location trivia case but I'm stumped on this one.  Need another clue.