BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

That’s crazy, I owned a condo at the Jockey Club (111st Biscayne) and never knew they shot that scene there, thank you for sharing 

Edited by MTVcops

vor 5 Minuten schrieb MTVcops:

That’s crazy I owned a condo at the Jockey Club (111st Biscayne) and never knew they filmed that scene, thank you for sharing 

They filmed several episodes there (Made for each other, Prodigal Son, World of Trouble). Unfortunately, the marina is abandoned for years.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

They filmed several episodes there (Made for each other, Prodigal Son, World of Trouble). Unfortunately, the marina is abandoned for years.

If this is the exact place, this investment and proposed project in 2015 fell through?

https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2015/12/23/apeiron-scores-21m-loan-for-jockey-club-project.html

vor 2 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

If this is the exact place, this investment and proposed project in 2015 fell through?

https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2015/12/23/apeiron-scores-21m-loan-for-jockey-club-project.html

exactly. That´s it. Official address 11111 Biscayne Bvd. Lots of bla bla about financing but no outcome. The marina is removed and nothing´s has been done since 2015.

• Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MTVcops:

That’s crazy, I owned a condo at the Jockey Club (111st Biscayne) and never knew they shot that scene there, thank you for sharing 

As you are interested in this specifically, I dug out the exact date of filming for you with a picture associated with it on that location. 10th July 1985. Now you can check your calendar to see if you were at home that day and why you missed watching the filming :D

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-30 um 20.17.11.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

I was actually born and raised in Miami Beach and had the privilege of witnessing the filming of the show.

My condo at the Jockey Club was purchased and sold in the 90s, just never heard any gossip about Vice being filmed there. Not saying it wasn’t, just didn’t hear about it. Thank you again for sharing this info and pictures :clap:

Edited by MTVcops
  • Like 2

next...no need to explain the episode. For those who don´t know: the guy left with the dark beard is late John Nicolella, the director of this episode and producer of first two seasons.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 21.59.27.png

• Like 4

as this is a weekend, the new BTS post will consist of two pictures (left and right half) of one location shooting. If someone can correctly guess by the first pic today which location we see here, I will post the second pic today as well and there will be a bonus picture tomorrow on Sunday....

This is the first pic of two: last day of shooting "Freefall" and the whole series, 27 April 1989. What scene the crew is preparing here for (which location)? 

P.S. if someone read my episode book accurately: it´s not the underpass of the Rickenbacker Causeway (abduction of Borbon) we see here. The scene there was filmed last that day, but this location we see here was first that last day.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 00.18.08.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

As no one has guessed correctly (no one except RedDragon86 seems interested at all) there will be no bonus pic. Here is the second picture that reveals which scene was prepared here. As no one seems to be interested anyway and the scene is obvious for Freefall I spare my time explaining which one...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 00.18.44.png

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 10:31 AM, Tom said:

as this is a weekend, the new BTS post will consist of two pictures (left and right half) of one location shooting. If someone can correctly guess by the first pic today which location we see here, I will post the second pic today as well and there will be a bonus picture tomorrow on Sunday....

This is the first pic of two: last day of shooting "Freefall" and the whole series, 27 April 1989. What scene the crew is preparing here for (which location)? 

P.S. if someone read my episode book accurately: it´s not the underpass of the Rickenbacker Causeway (abduction of Borbon) we see here. The scene there was filmed last that day, but this location we see here was first that last day.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 00.18.08.png

Great picture.

We never see the building behind the crew (St John’s on the Lake Church) in the show - so cool to see it here.

• Like 3

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Great picture.

We never see the building behind the crew (St John’s on the Lake Church) in the show - so cool to see it here.

Yes, but response is low to zero on these pics. I thought it would be cool to post rare stuff that has probably never posted before and gives new angles or info on MV. I consider to stop posting them and shift my time to other things as most members seem currently  only interested in discussing Covid or stills from other movies.

Tom, I really enjoy your thread! It´s cool to have these pictures at one place. It´s just I mostly don´t know what to say. But I promise, I will give you more likes :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 11/30/2020 at 2:45 PM, Tom said:

As you are interested in this specifically, I dug out the exact date of filming for you with a picture associated with it on that location. 10th July 1985. Now you can check your calendar to see if you were at home that day and why you missed watching the filming :D

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-30 um 20.17.11.png

Ha, I turned 11 on that day. Not exactly sure where I was.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, but response is low to zero on these pics. I thought it would be cool to post rare stuff that has probably never posted before and gives new angles or info on MV. I consider to stop posting them and shift my time to other things as most members seem currently  only interested in discussing Covid or stills from other movies.

Hey Tom, I’m enjoying seeing the pictures too. I’m just not good with locations and don’t have much to add.

Edited by pahonu

@Tom I really love the photos. Please keep them coming. 

Sometimes I post news about my covers here that gets no reaction, but I know many people enjoy them. 

“Keep on going.” :cool:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

@Tom I really love the photos. Please keep them coming. 

Sometimes I post news about my covers here that get no reaction, but I know many people enjoy them. 

“Keep on going.” :cool:

Certainly agree - keep goin'.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom said:

As no one has guessed correctly (no one except RedDragon86 seems interested at all) there will be no bonus pic. Here is the second picture that reveals which scene was prepared here. As no one seems to be interested anyway and the scene is obvious for Freefall I spare my time explaining which one...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 00.18.44.png

The red-haired guy looks like the actor who plays an OCB cop? He makes it through all five seasons just to get stabbed to death in Freefall.:)

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb fakespyder:

The red-haired guy looks like the actor who plays an OCB cop? He makes it through all five seasons just to get stabbed to death in Freefall.:)

Bingo! He gets stabbed exactly in the scene that they are preparing here

• Like 1