BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

On 12/21/2020 at 2:54 AM, Tom said:

Oh yes that‘s what I thought. That’s a Rick Bravo statement and his size is not exactly documented somewhere either.

DJ is exactly as tall as PMT. you can see that in every episode and PMT is given with 178cm on the same website. And it is simply not possible to add much height in the designer made espandrille type of loafers DJ was wearing on the show. So much for this discussion.

And I‘m still waiting for any credible source for DJ ever rejecting to film with someone taller ?(

Taller or shorter, Don Johnson always would be a personal problem to someone else...

34 minutes ago, king77 said:

The go to move then was to drink a gulp, then top it off with Vodka

That would explain a lot of season 5 :p

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, king77 said:

Yes, a Cape Codder, delicious!

Add a splash of grapefruit juice for a Sea Breeze or pineapple juice for a Bay Breeze.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, Tom said:

undisclosed episode, but seems to be mid-season 2

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 01.13.02.png

I love the armorer (or a trusted PA) between DJ and PMT holding onto both DJ’s shoulder rig/Bren 10 AND PMT’s AOW shotty.

Spent a chunk of my first cop paycheck on a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig for my issued Sig P-226...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marco Falcone said:

I love the armorer (or a trusted PA) between DJ and PMT holding onto both DJ’s shoulder rig/Bren 10 AND PMT’s AOW shotty.

Spent a chunk of my first cop paycheck on a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig for my issued Sig P-226...

It’s definitely not a PA.  That would violate union and safety rules.  There’s a crap-ton of rules on the set with any weapons.  It’s likely the weapons master or handler.  They’re in the property department and under the supervision of the property master.  It can sometimes be the property master if they have the training and experience, and the weapons are minimal or not otherwise regulated firearms like machine guns, etc...

Thanks for that info.  Makes total sense.

The couple of times I’ve been on a live set was as part of a PSD for one of the A-list actors.

No one ever asked me or checked if I was armed.  (I was, but concealed under my camp shirt and always discreet.)

Our Team armorer also did a lot of movie/TV work and worked on Nash Bridges, and a bunch of movies that were filmed in the San Francisco Bay Area.    

A few years ago I asked him if he met Jim Zubiena from Nash Bridges..  He said they worked together and he was a really nice, very solid dude. 

I think I may have already posted it, but he told a funny story of always having to chase DJ down before he left a location, so he could get the custom .38 Super back from him.

He said DJ was always trying to take it “home” with him after “work.”

• Like 3

7 hours ago, king77 said:

6 hours ago, pahonu said:

Yes, a Cape Codder, delicious!

Add a splash of grapefruit juice for a Sea Breeze or pineapple juice for a Bay Breeze.

I’ve read that the Cosmopolitan cocktail was invented in Miami in the 80’s. That has cranberry juice, vodka, Cointreau orange liqueur and lime. I love that cocktail, but only if it’s made right. Some make with too little Cranberry and it tastes just like pure vodka. I’m fine with high quality vodka, but if I want a Cosmo it should have cranberry flavor. Absolut is my favorite vodka. It’s not too expensive, but not too cheap... It was also very popular and classy in the 80s, which was another reason I got into it!

• Like 1

I actually don’t prefer sweet cocktails at all so I tend to make juice based ones strong.   I also add more grapefruit juice than you’re supposed to in my Sea Breezes, or eliminate the cranberry altogether and have a Greyhound, vodka and grapefruit.  It’s one of my favorite vodka cocktails.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 9:56 PM, Tom said:

Merry Christmas from the VICE crew!

MV XMAS84.jpg

I assume this is from season 1. Back then they probably weren't aware yet how big MV was going to get.

As other have said, Thanks for sharing these photos.:thumbsup:

vor 33 Minuten schrieb fakespyder:

I assume this is from season 1. Back then they probably weren't aware yet how big MV was going to get.

As other have said, Thanks for sharing these photos.:thumbsup:

You´re welcome! Yes, that is from December 1984. 

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Dadrian:

@Tom remind me: is this the gal from “Glades”/“Secret of My Success”?

No. It’s the old lady (Doris Gumble) in Mirror Image. Her name is Camille Sands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1