Episode #76 "Like A Hurricane"

Ferrariman

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don´t think anyone believes that Danny Sullivan and the other celebrities mentioned were performing well or could act in any way at all. If you think they did but Sheena was bad then you have a very distorted assessment scheme for sure.

I at least tried to come up with some arguments why I think she was decent enough whereas you simply say she is bad. Hard to argue with that non-argument.  

I explained it to Robbie why I think she didn't perform well. Lets face it you are never going to agree anyway.

What did you find bad about Cohen in detail?

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 1 Minute schrieb RedDragon86:

I explained it to Robbie why I think she didn't perform well. Lets face it you are never going to agree anyway.

For sure not, if you honestly think Danny Sullivan, Miles Davis, James Brown and Leonard Cohen were good but Sheena was bad. :)

Just now, Tom said:

For sure not, if you honestly think Danny Sullivan, Miles Davis, James Brown and Leonard Cohen were good but Sheena was bad. :)

I didn't say they were good, Cohen had a small role where he just talked on the phone there was nothing really to analyse there, Miles, Brown, Sullivan like Easton looked like there entered acting and it showed.

• Like 1

Agree to disagree.

In future I won't talk negatively about the precious moments of season 4.

Feels like I am going to get booted off here.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 2

vor 34 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

I didn't say they were good, Cohen had a small role where he just talked on the phone there was nothing really to analyse there, Miles, Brown, Sullivan like Easton looked like there entered acting and it showed.

LOL, but you know that Cohen had filmed lots of scenes with dialogue, 3+ minutes of scenes originally, but he was so bad they had to cut out most of it (he himself confirmed this)? :)

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

LOL, but you know that Cohen had filmed lots of scenes with dialogue, 3+ minutes of scenes originally, but he was so bad they had to cut out most of it (he himself confirmed this)? :)

I can only comment on what was actually filmed and nothing really stood out as bad.

He just talks in a serious way on the phone about Bandi briefly, that's what counts. Nothing really to complain about.

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 1 Minute schrieb RedDragon86:

I can only comment on what was actually filmed.

That´s not the point here. You said he had only a small scene, obviously meaning he could not do much wrong with such a short telephone scene. But: Yes, he could and he did film more lines, but they had to dump it because he was not even capable of doing that bit.

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

That´s not the point here. You said he had only a small scene, obviously meaning he could not do much wrong with such a short telephone scene. But: Yes, he could and he did film more lines, but they had to dump it because he was not even capable of doing that bit.

But what was actually seen by the viewer was nothing to complain about.

So what's the argument, we are imagining how bad he was?

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 2 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

But what was actually seen by the viewer was nothing to complain about.

So what's the argument, we are imagining how bad he was?

Yes, to give you jumper cables: he was so bad that only a small snippet of the scenes he filmed survived. 

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, to give you jumper cables: he was so bad that only a small snippet of the scenes he filmed survived. 

What?

I surprised that the scene that mattered survived and it wasn't dubbed.

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 34 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

What?

I surprised that the scene that mattered survived and it wasn't dubbed.

Yeah, but even this snippet was terribly acted as did not sound real, although only three separate sentences in French  (his mother tongue).

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Never realised he had 3+ minutes of scenes compared to what we actually see.

45 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah, but even this snippet was terribly acted as did not sound real, although only three separate sentences in French  (his mother tongue).

Really? I find that going a bit overboard.

Gerade eben schrieb RedDragon86:

Really? I find that going a bit overboard.

Yes, really. He was rather reading this lines without any emotion instead of credibly doing a dialogue with Danielle on the phone (where he is supposed to order her to go to Miami to go after Bandi).

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yes, really. He was rather reading this lines without any emotion instead of credibly doing a dialogue with Danielle on the phone (where he is supposed to order her to go to Miami to go after Bandi).

To be honest I could care less about Cohens cameo.

I never said he did a great job anyway, just that he was passable.

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 2 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

To be honest I could care less about Cohens cameo.

I never said he did a great job anyway, just that he was passable.

I don´t care much about him either.

My point is: if you think HE is passable and Sheena Easton is bad, then you probably just don´t like her (it´s OK, that´s personal taste and we all have actors we dislike) and use the bad acting argument just because it sounds better than the truth.

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don´t care much about him either.

My point is: if you think HE is passable and Sheena Easton is bad, then you probably just don´t like her (it´s OK, that´s personal taste and we all have actors we dislike) and use the bad acting argument just because it sounds better than the truth.

Cohen didn't have enough screen time to make a real judgment on his acting, that's why I said he was passable. If he had those extra scenes I no doubt would have said he was poor, as you said that's why he didn't get the gig.

Sure I hate her for some reason and deep down think she was as good as Deborah Kerr or Meryl Streep.

Edited by RedDragon86

I thought Sheena Easton did a decent enough acting job. Compared to Danny Sullivan she was an 8 time oscar winning level actor. My god he was bad.

Miles Davis was good I thought.

James Brown...well I don't seem to recall an episode with him in it? It is as though an entire episode was wiped from my memory!

• Haha 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb RedDragon86:

Cohen didn't have enough screen time to make a real judgment on his acting, that's why I said he was passable. If he had those extra scenes I no doubt would have said he was poor, as you said that's why he didn't get the gig.

Sure I hate her for some reason and deep down think she was as good as Deborah Kerr or Meryl Streep.

Well, you can´t judge Cohen´s acting for three sentences, but you can judge Easton´s acting for her first three lines in the teaser (that is what you wrote before you deleted that section).

Don´t get me wrong. You can dislike whoever you want. I respect you for admitting above that you hate her for some reason. But then stand up to it and don´t blame it on her acting, as that apparently has nothing to do with it . Her acting is, compared to all the other non-acting guest stars on the show at least above average and nothing out of bounds.

And, I am not a specific fan of her, "I am just trying to keep my objectivity here" as Crockett put it in Forgive us our debts :).

vor 10 Minuten schrieb fakespyder:

James Brown...well I don't seem to recall an episode with him in it? It is as though an entire episode was wiped from my memory!

If you live on a houseboat and find some peanut butter under your bed then you now know why :funky:!

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well, you can´t judge Cohen´s acting for three sentences, but you can judge Easton´s acting for her first three lines in the teaser (that is what you wrote before you deleted that section).

Don´t get me wrong. You can dislike whoever you want. I respect you for admitting above that you hate her for some reason. But then stand up to it and don´t blame it on her acting, as that apparently has nothing to do with it . Her acting is, compared to all the other non-acting guest stars on the show at least above average and nothing out of bounds.

And, I am not a specific fan of her, "I am just trying to keep my objectivity here" as Crockett put it in Forgive us our debts :).

I don't hate her that was just my attempt at humor, my honest view is she acted poorly.

Edited by RedDragon86

9 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

The complaining cop wife will go on forever, you see it in shows today, Breaking Bad for example, its their lives. I bet there are thousands of those women in the US today worried about their husbands, its not really a cliche it just part of life.

As is the other side, the supportive wife. Which you rarely see. So yeah, both are actually cliches. The Shield did a reasonable job hitting a balancing point, and one of the most nuanced takes I've seen on it is The Unit. Which doesn't change the fact I was rooting for the assassins when they went after Caroline.

• Haha 1

I always knew you hated Caroline ;)   just kidding...

I just always felt like she went into marriage with Sonny expecting one kind of life, and ended up with quite a different kind of life.  For that matter, I also felt like Sonny didn't really understand what marriage and fatherhood meant, in terms of him making any changes in his life.  That is not a cut on either of them, it's just the way life happens.  Sonny and Caroline did care about each other, but neither one wanted to sacrifice their ideas for the other one.  Ultimately they weren't well-suited to be together, but as fond as I am of Sonny, he wasn't well-suited to be with anyone over the long haul (in my opinion).

46 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I always knew you hated Caroline ;)   just kidding...

I just always felt like she went into marriage with Sonny expecting one kind of life, and ended up with quite a different kind of life.  For that matter, I also felt like Sonny didn't really understand what marriage and fatherhood meant, in terms of him making any changes in his life.  That is not a cut on either of them, it's just the way life happens.  Sonny and Caroline did care about each other, but neither one wanted to sacrifice their ideas for the other one.  Ultimately they weren't well-suited to be together, but as fond as I am of Sonny, he wasn't well-suited to be with anyone over the long haul (in my opinion).

At the point we see him in the series I tend to believe that's accurate...unless he left the Job (which he wasn't ready to do). It would take someone very out of the ordinary (like Jenny) for him to be with anyone long term.

• Like 1