PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

I've got more recipes than you can shake a stick at, but I have not the time to post them. :eek:It is all Caipi's fault for being such a slave driver with this glossary stuff! :p:D(Sounds good to blame it on someone else! ;))

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• cageyJG

• Richie Rich

Guest The Talk
I've got more recipes than you can shake a stick at' date=' but I have not the time to post them. :eek:[/quote']Just start with the pizza recipe.Maybe you should retire and do a full time job for Miami Vice. ;):D:D
It is all Caipi's fault for being such a slave driver with this glossary stuff! :p:D(Sounds good to blame it on someone else! ;))
:):)I think so too. I seem to recall that there somebody volunteered for the blooper job. Guess his name started with a "t"... :D:D

Your pizza recipe is still missing. ;)I know: lack of time. Same with me. Two weeks ago I even made a pic of our pizza (especially for Coop ;)) we had for dinner but didn't find time to post it up to now. I'll do.... some time.... promised.... Maybe at the 10th anniversary of .ws... :D:D

SHOW ME THE PIZZA!!!!:)

Guest The Talk

SHOW ME THE PIZZA!!!!:)

"Especially for you.... " ;):)(...I will neglect my mod duties and post some pics)Here we go! Pizza from a small pizza bakery in my area – owned by a native Italian. The pizzas are made in a “stone oven†fired with wood. The crust is thin but the toppings are NOT of an Italian understanding (less is more). On a leaflet there are 85 dishes listed: pizza' date=' pasta, salads and "Tiramisu" as dessert. For each pizza, pasta, or salad you get a stamp on the back page of the leaflet. Having collected 15 stamps you get one pizza for free. They even offer three different kind of pizza with anchovies (looks like the bakery is a thoroughbred Italian ;)). Pizza “Anchoviesâ€: Tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese and anchovies. Pizza “Pescatoreâ€: Tomato sauce, cheese, sea food, anchovies, garlic Pizza “Napoliâ€: Tomato sauce, bell pepper, anchovies, olives Variations that are not very common: Pizza “Kannibale†(cannibal): Tomato sauce, cheese, salami, ham, hamburger meat Pizza “Greco†(Greek): Tomato sauce, cheese, sheep's cheese, spinach This is my favorite one “Pizza Vegetariaâ€: Tomato sauce, cheese, bell pepper, mild pepperoni, artichokes, onions, mushrooms, black olivesENJOY!![img']http://miami-vice.ws/photoplog/images/5/medium/1_Pizza_3.jpg Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe first pics shows the nice cardboard box the pizzas are bagged.

Anyone else ever go to:Gino's East is legendary for its Chicago-style deep dish pizza that's been ranked #1 by People Magazine. This place has super deep dish pizza, which is about as different from New York style thin crust as you can get. This is the place that has writing all over the walls - graffitti everywhere inside the restaurant. My initials are up on the wall there - near the back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gino's_EastEingefügtes Bild

Not a big fan of Pizza Hut but I like pizza made by our local pizza shop guy (he's Italian). I usually order "American" pizza but I like any pizza that doesn't have anchovies on it - anchovies are disgusting !

• Administrators

Nothing better than pizza on the east coast. if you're ever in Northern New Jersey check out "Pizzatown" on Rt. 46 in Elmwood Park. Not a chain, just one location and they've been there for over 50 years and have IMHO the best pizza. Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc are a nice snack but not real pizzeria pizza!

"Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe first pics shows the nice cardboard box the pizzas are bagged.

OUTSTANDING!!! I want to try this pizza. (Anchovies are very, VERY undesireable on pizza in general in AMERICA.)I'll bet those taste SOOOOO GOOOOD!Thank you for not only taking out your personal time to post these photos, but to actually think of me, and take photos, I'm blown away!Your extremely kind. PIZZA is my very favorite food (I like lots of food, but Pizza is my favorite.) Thank You!-COOP

Sure buddy' date=' any kind you want, what's your address? ;)[/quote']You'll pay for one, and send it to me as a gift?GREAT!I'll give you one of my P.O box numbers!

Me likey the anchoviesThis topic was an excellent idea, but it's making me hungry!! We have the best place here called Fiori's. There's never anywhere to park and you have to walk about a mile up the side of a mountain to get there but it's totally worth it.Coop, how can you be so intolerant of the poor little anchovies?:)

This topic was an excellent idea' date=' but it's making me hungry!! We have the best place here called Fiori's. There's never anywhere to park and you have to walk about a mile up the side of a mountain to get there but it's totally worth it.Coop, how can you be so intolerant of the poor little anchovies?:)[/quote']I have nothing against the little fishies, I just don't want to eat a fish on my Pizza. Nothing personal, no insult suggested or intended.PEPPERONI BABY, PEPPERONI!! :thumbsup:

They only deliver to residential addresses' date=' no PO boxes.[/quote']Looks like I'll have to send one to myself. :rolleyes:

O.K, I must admit, I was offline for a few hours. Wanna know why?I went out for PIZZA! Yes, no lie. I really did after reading this thread, and posting on it. I got a chicken smokehouse Pizza at a nearby west coast Pizza chain called, ROUND TABLE PIZZA.I was going to get hamburgers, but then I got bitten by the PIZZA bug! Had to have it....and I did! It was good too. However, now thier large is medium. Smaller pizza, same price. :thumbsdown: Like ZITO once said, "I't's GOOOOOD Pizza!"

• Administrators

It's not only with pizzas getting smaller, a lot of the restaurants around here are reducing their portions and charging the same price. :evil:Ummmm...the customers are NOT stupid people! That is also why so many of them are going out of business. Not only do people not have the disposable income they once had due to the cost of living increase, but most employers are not giving cost of living increases to keep up, and the value of the portions you once got is not there. Survey Says! Downward Spiral People! :thumbsdown:The word for the day!OK, rant over. You can now return to your regularly scheduled program. :)

Guest The Talk
OUTSTANDING!!! I want to try this pizza. (Anchovies are very' date=' VERY undesireable on pizza in general in AMERICA.)[/quote']I do not like the anchovis you usually get here in Germany. Maybe the Italian achovies are fresh ones. I suppose here they take in pickle canned anchovies. They are very very salty and imho ruin the taste of the rest of the pizza.
I'll bet those taste SOOOOO GOOOOD!
They do! And you know what. They really ARE very good pizzas because (Pandina, please close your eyes and don't read ;):)): they still taste good for breakfast - warm and cold. Yummy!
Thank you for not only taking out your personal time to post these photos, ...
This was a joke only. ;):)
... but to actually think of me, and take photos, I'm blown away!Your extremely kind. PIZZA is my very favorite food (I like lots of food, but Pizza is my favorite.) Thank You!-COOP
Your're very welcome. :cheers:Glad that you liked it.

They really ARE very good pizzas because (Pandina, please close your eyes and don't read ;):)): they still taste good for breakfast - warm and cold. Yummy!

Too late, The Talk, too late! I read it, but there's no problem since I'm now used to others' eating habits! ;) I personally don't like pizza for breakfast, I consider it a snack after 11am, but I HATE cold pizza! I'm slow at eating and pizza gets cold quite quickly: if I'm home I put it in the oven again, if I'm in pizzeria I don't eat it anymore.

The 'chovy minority

I have nothing against the little fishies' date=' I just don't want to eat a fish on my Pizza. Nothing personal, no insult suggested or intended.PEPPERONI BABY, PEPPERONI!! :thumbsup:[/quote']No worries, Coop! I'm part of a tiny anchovy fan base. I'm only second-generation italian, so it could be genetic..

Guest The Talk
We use canned anchovies in olive oil; the fresh ones' date=' like you say, are too salty, because it's the method of conservation.Pickle anchovies? THAT is disgusting! I once tried the German pickle gherkins (from LIDL) and they're completely different from ours.[/quote']Maybe I took the wrong term for. Actually I thought "pickle" is for conservation in a mixture of vinegar and water. I looked for a term of salt water and the dictionary said "pickle". In Germany you can get "mixed pickles" which is a name for sliced or small vegetable (carrots, cauliflowers, gherkins, pearl onions, tiny baby corn cobs...) conservated in vinegar, water and spices.Now I hopefully found the correct term. I think it's "brine".
If you're able to get Italian anchovies, toast a slice of bread, butter it and put one anchovy on it: you'll love the taste!
This sounds delicious! I'll keep my eyes open - maybe I'll find some.
Too late, The Talk, too late! I read it, but there's no problem since I'm now used to others' eating habits! ;)...
:):):) I guess my sentence made even more curious about what will come. ;)Sorry Coop for misusing your pizza thread for a clarification how anchovies are conserved. ;):)