What songs would you pick for MV, had it continued into the 90s?

Retro80sfan

When listening to one of my favorite songs: Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" that was released in 1992, I couldn't help, but think that this would have been a perfect choice for the show, had it continued into the 90s. Now of course I feel that MV should only be an 80s show with no exception, that it ended at the perfect time in 1989 (especially considering the decline of MV at that time), but still it's a little fun "what if" scenario for me. It might be no surprise that the show might would have evolved to coincide with the grunge/hip-hop scene of that era. Again, I can only see MV as a 80s show (maybe into the early 90s) and it's quite a bit hard to see the show made in any other time period. Now what songs made after MV do you think should have been on the show, had it lasted longer into that decade?

Here are a few of my picks:

"Cherry Pie" by Warrant

"Don't Want to Fall In Love" by Jane Child

"Still Cruisin" by the Beach Boys (made in '89, but still is one of the songs I would like to have heard on the show)

Edited by Retro80sfan
  • Like 3

Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You

Peter Gabriel - Steam

INXS - Suicide Blonde

Phil Collins - Both Sides of the Story

Those are some songs I could see being used had it continued into the '90s.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Oh man. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails back in like 1994 would've been PERFECT for an episode for Crockett and Tubbs (or whomever by that point) to go into an S&M club full of people wearing black leather, whips and chains, spike collars, etc... while looking for baddies, lol.

"Sitting Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hands" would've been good for a slower, non-talking scene at nighttime as well.

How about "Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden for a car chase scene?

I could honestly go on and on but you get the idea. Gotta give everyone else a chance too, lol.

Edited by TylerDurden389

• Administrators

I can imagine this would be in the beginning of a season 6 episode. Season 6 would've been 1989-1990.

One for season 7 or 8 in 1991

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 6:45 AM, James said:

I can imagine this would be in the beginning of a season 6 episode. Season 6 would've been 1989-1990.

Yes the PA one is a great choice.

Id also include “Here Comes the Flood” from Peter Gabriel’s 1990 Best of which was redone with just piano.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marc said:

I think the 90's sucked to be honest. I went back and listened to this theme today and it's horribly dated. :eek:

I actually like this tune, very catchy and light which fits well with the tone of the show although the lyrics are too simple. I don't like the yellow and red color scheme though, for the outfits nor the car, it's awful. And Nash Bridges is apparently having a reboot too. 

Edited by summer84

I've only ever watched a couple of episodes. I think I was more into Buffy the Vampire Slayer back then. :p

from Seal's first album released in 1991

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:45 AM, James said:

Great choices! :thumbsup: I had actually pictured an idea for the first one for an episode that could start with it.

Edited by Retro80sfan

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Retro80sfan said:

Great choices! :thumbsup: I had actually pictured an idea for the first one for an episode starting with it.

One of those episodes about prostitutes, begins with a drive-by style filming of prostitutes on the sidewalk. Some sort of small action scene. Cue the Miami Vice theme. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, James said:

One of those episodes about prostitutes, begins with a drive-by style filming of prostitutes on the sidewalk. Some sort of small action scene. Cue the Miami Vice theme. 

Can't go wrong! ;)

I was thinking of an episode that could pay homage to a couple of previous episodes.

C&T could be just finished working a case and head home for the night. One of them are stopped by a young girl in the midst of prostitutes who he makes idle chat with, but it's a trick and her gang of hoodlums try to rob him, but his partner comes to his rescue. Cue the opening credits. C&T spend the rest of the episode trying to catch them. I was thinking that maybe some how they keep interrupting C&T drug busts and risking their lives and covers in the process, stealing drugs and money from them. At least, that's what I have so far.

Edited by Retro80sfan
  • Like 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Can't go wrong! ;)

I was thinking of an episode that could pay homage to a couple of previous episodes.

C&T could be just finished working a case and head home for the night. One of the are stopped by a young girl in the midst of prostitutes who he makes idle chat with, but it's a trick and her gang of hoodlums try to rob him, but his partner comes to his rescue. Cue the opening credits. C&T spend the rest of the episode trying to catch them. I was thinking that maybe some how they keep interrupting C&T drug busts and risking their lives and covers in the process, stealing drugs and money from them. At least, that's what I have so far.

That's a good idea.

What about - Crockett was cruising in the Ferrari, girl pulls him up and flirts as he always does, and the hoodlums steal the car and the episode is about finding the car theft ring and getting the car back.

I don't think they really had a car based episode except for Florence Italy. Instead of stupid stuff like cow semen and aliens they could've done a car theft ring. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

That's a good idea.

What about - Crockett was cruising in the Ferrari, girl pulls him up and flirts as he always does, and the hoodlums steal the car and the episode is about finding the car theft ring and getting the car back.

I don't think they really had a car based episode except for Florence Italy. Instead of stupid stuff like cow semen and aliens they could've done a car theft ring. 

What a good concept.:hippie:

2 minutes ago, James said:

That's a good idea.

What about - Crockett was cruising in the Ferrari, and the hoodlums steal the car and the episode is about finding the car theft ring and getting the car back.

That's a great idea! We all know how much Crockett loves his car. You would think they would make an episode surrounding his love for his car. Maybe it could have been kinda transcending period where he finally does get it back, but it's tore up due to their not maintaining it. It could be like Ferris Bueller where they take it for a little joyride just because. Maybe the damage is so severe that could take months to repair, that Crockett will not give up on it, possibly due to him not forgetting his loss of his Daytona and he'd be darned of another criminal takes another one from him. So that in the mean time his temporary (or permanent for the 90s) car could be a 80s pastel colored Corvette (a nod to his first car from the first two seasons) while he fixes up his Testarossa.

• Like 1