What songs would you pick for MV, had it continued into the 90s?

Retro80sfan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I honestly never thought I’d have a contribution to this thread, but this 1990 Steve Winwood track is spot on—even has a Fairlight synth program! 

30 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I honestly never thought I’d have a contribution to this thread, but this 1990 Steve Winwood track is spot on—even has a Fairlight synth program! 

This is from the  album “Refugees of the Heart” written in 1990 by Winwood and Will Jennings. Winwood recorded most of the album solo in his own recording studio at his mansion in the Gloucestershire countryside, U.K.

This particular track was in the vain of his Traffic work of the 1970s running in at over 9 minutes. Winwood would reform Traffic in 1994 for a tour and one album.

The song here was written about the release of Nelson Mandela released in the fall of 1990.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

This is from the  album “Refugees of the Heart” written in 1990 by Winwood and Will Jennings. Winwood recorded most of the album solo in his own recording studio at his mansion in Gloucestershire, U.K.

This particular track was in the vain of his Traffic work of the 1970s running in at over 9 minutes. Winwood would reform Traffic in 1994 for a tour and one album.

The song here was written about the release of Nelson Mandela.

I didn’t know Steve could play guitar like that! Those are some Clapton vibes! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 2:29 PM, Crockettt said:

So good— I was cruising through Key Largo heading to Islamorada in the Florida Keys last month and this came on the radio.

• Like 1

Good for one of those introspective episode endings I think.

The lyrics are a good fit for the Crockett character, always trapped between two worlds.

Edited by johnnyfarragut

16 hours ago, johnnyfarragut said:

Good for one of those introspective episode endings I think.

The lyrics are a good fit for the Crockett character, always trapped between two worlds.

Yes it would have worked well with a burnt out Crockett\Burnett.

Well into the 90's, I'd think it appropriate to RE-play "Something in the Air" by Phil Collins.  
I know, that sounds corny to suggest.  But, CHRIST, every sentence in those lyrics, are SPOT ON.   Just once, in one of the '90s episodes, play it leading into a climactic scene.  Then let it go and don't bring it back again. 

It's crazy because Collin's fans have always asked what the song is about----do you believe there are portions of the population who think it's about some guy who nearly drowned to death, and another person confessing how he didn't help him?

Collins I think admits his song is tied to (but not necessarily meant to express) bitter feelings he had right after his wife divorced him.  Wow.... sorry Phil.
But hell with THAT---- it's pure coincidence that the entire lyrics tracks perfectly with the inner voice of anyone who witnessed another person commit a sinful foul act,... and just can't say anything about it right now, but is BUSTING at the seams to call that perpetrator out to Hell,...but has to play it silent right now and not reveal what he knows.  JUST  LIKE  what an  UNDERCOVER COP goes through!  The lyrics are a perfect Poem for our favorite Vice cops.  LOL, they should recite Collins' lyrics as the graduation mantra coming out of Undercover Police School.

Go to your next evening party full of mature grownups,... find a complete stranger whose a guest with a drink in his hand,....walk up to him and say "Buddy, if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand.  I've seen your face before, my friend...."  And the "I was there and I saw what your did.... wipe of that grin, I know where you've been..."  Just SAY the words, don't poem or sing them... And even though you've never met, that person will start sweating bullets from shame, and panicking, LOL!!!  What knockout lyrics!  

I'd like to hear it again, not as a "retro" fandom nod, but as a fitting piece to what's going down, or about to go down in the episode, and do it like it's never been played before, brand new to the series.

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...