What songs would you pick for MV, had it continued into the 90s?

Retro80sfan

I was thinking whether or not to put this in the "Songs that should have been on VICE" thread, but I figured it'll make a great choice for Season 6 (1989-1990).

• Like 1

Off the "Romantic?" album from 1990.

You could imagine Crockett and Tubbs zipping down a neon lit section of causeway to the song's intro with some roaring engine sounds from the Testarossa. Maybe on the way to another drug bust.

Edited by Daytona74

• 2 weeks later...

Vice in the 90's brings up a lot of possibilities and stuff to ponder about. 

There's two routes to go down, they could continue using established 80's artists who still had minor successes. Sting, INXS, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy or kept things fresh and played new contemporary artists that were breaking through so the show wasn't just a parody of itself.

I like both realities but if I had to chose I think Michael Man's Heat would be the best indication of the direction the music could have went in. One of Mann's favourite artists Moby was already releasing good electronic music in the beginning of the 90's. This is from 1990 and still holds up really well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Teardrop" - Massive Attack - This song would have brilliant during a night drive, Sonny and Rico going to arrest a bad guy, or used in the end scene of the finale.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

"Teardrop" - Massive Attack - This song would have brilliant during a night drive, Sonny and Rico going to arrest a bad guy, or used in the end scene of the finale.

I like this a lot! 

23 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I just realized this is from the TV Show, "House"! I knew it sounded familiar! Great sound!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I just realized this is from the TV Show, "House"! I knew it sounded familiar! Great sound!

Wow  never realised!

• Like 2

MV proved that music sets the tone; I can't imagine some scenes from the show without the music. Just think of all the shows that have been influenced by that premise!!! Love this thread!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 8:48 AM, Retro80sfan said:

That's a great idea! We all know how much Crockett loves his car. You would think they would make an episode surrounding his love for his car. Maybe it could have been kinda transcending period where he finally does get it back, but it's tore up due to their not maintaining it. It could be like Ferris Bueller where they take it for a little joyride just because. Maybe the damage is so severe that could take months to repair, that Crockett will not give up on it, possibly due to him not forgetting his loss of his Daytona and he'd be darned of another criminal takes another one from him. So that in the mean time his temporary (or permanent for the 90s) car could be a 80s pastel colored Corvette (a nod to his first car from the first two seasons) while he fixes up his Testarossa.

Crockett was so burnt out and fed up by the end of Season 5 - i see him living like a recluse further south in a boat.