What songs would you pick for MV, had it continued into the 90s?

Retro80sfan

This one from Jan Hammer, too! 

From  his album, "Drive" . 

First time I've heard it!! It's really good and lots of MV Vibes! 

• Like 2

This one would definitely fit for an hypothetical 6th Season. It just has the right vibe and mood. Maybe an episode set in New Orleans or some other place in the south. Sonny feels lonely and has to deal with the burnout and depression so he goes outside of the city, just like in the 5th Season episode ''Bad Timing''. After that we see him entering a bar in the middle of the highway, drinking, looking back on those ''golden'' vice years from the past. Then, at night, we see the rainy streets of New Orleans and him getting a room in a dirty forgotten motel to put an end to these dark times and make a brand new start.

(EDIT) Just a small addition... some of the films which could share the same mood and style:

Angel Heart (1987)

Johnny Handsome (1989)

Rush (1991)

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (1991)

Edited by Voodoo Vice Dealer
More ideas to add

28 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

This one would definitely fit for an hypothetical 6th Season. It just has the right vibe and mood. Maybe an episode set in New Orleans or some other place in the south. Sonny feels lonely and has to deal with the burnout and depression so he goes outside of the city, just like in the 5th Season episode ''Bad Timing''. After that we see him entering a bar in the middle of the highway, drinking, looking back on those ''golden'' vice years from the past. Then, at night, we see the rainy streets of New Orleans and him getting a room in a dirty forgotten motel to put an end to these dark times and make a brand new start.

(EDIT) Just a small addition... some of the films which could share the same mood and style:

Angel Heart (1987)

Johnny Handsome (1989)

Rush (1991)

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (1991)

I love how you set this up! It really fits the scene!! I can see Sonny sitting in that bar with a JD's in his hand!

A Sixth Season would have been awesome. Thanks for giving us the music and the atmosphere to help us imagine it happening! 

Going to sit back and enjoy! 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Depends on how long the hypothetical run would be. I'd consider it would be from 1984 to about 1995-7 considering the actors ages. I'd replace the Testarossa w/ a 348 TS or 456 in silver.
Some of the songs I would of liked to see from S6 onwards would of been: Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins, Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode (certainly has that Season 4-5 vibe to it), Climbing Up The Walls by Radiohead, Roads by Portishead, Rusty Cage by Soundgarden & Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage (fits a pre-title sequence)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vice was always pretty good about having a diverse selection of music genres throughout the series.  With that in mind, I can't imagine the show having mainly...say alternative or grunge, which was all the rage. 

Here would be my first choice.  Great moody album!

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

At the end of the hypothetical 90's finale.

Its got those "Heat" vibes.

Very nice Thankyou for posting.

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

He sounds like Peter Gabriel.

Voicewise not really... but the guitar played by Larry Byrom sounds similar to Michael Thompson on the Tim Truman Score in fifth season. 

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

Voicewise not really... but the guitar played by Larry Byrom sounds similar to Michael Thompson on the Tim Truman Score in fifth season. 

Listening to a track like Sledgehammer, he is quite similar.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are two great Depeche Mode songs from their 1990 album “Violator”. It’s my favorite album by them. A true masterpiece album!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I was not a big fan of Duran Duran, but "Come Undone" is a killer tune and it screams Miami Vice.

Agreed. There are a lot of good tracks on that album. “Ordinary World” is one of my favorite songs ever—BRILLIANTLY used on the (awesome) movie Layer Cake (2004). I believe this film lead to Daniel Craig’s selection as the next James Bond (viewer discretion advised :) ):

• Like 1