SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

On 4/24/2022 at 8:09 PM, Dadrian said:

I’m bouncing off the walls today :p

3AA8811E-3530-44E3-98B7-C25914C71C97.jpeg

How in the world did you get ahold of such a beauty of a t-shirt!?! 

image.gif.f96709b431ce85ad2f3cabd4b456cf7f.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doing my part to help out my fellow Vicers. This is a little big for me, so I'll pass on the info. Not really sure if it's something Don would've worn on the show, but I think it reasonably fits in with the themes/look that we're all going for. Although it does have 3 buttons instead of 1 or 2 buttons like the jackets he always wore:

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-Hallmark-Clothes-Styled-by-Walter-Smith-Black-White-and-Blue-Blazer-626885f881a36c18c6ac5eb0

m_wp_62688622ac970227e6d8dc88.webp

On 2/11/2022 at 5:26 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Finally got my powder blue blazer (yeah, it's polyester but I got a few more lined up that I'm watching on various websites. I think it's safe to say I've become a bit obsessed, lol). Had to have the sleeves both shortened and tapered but it was worth it. I even had one of jackets taken in at the center for a tighter fit (back in August I showed a dark gray one that I said was too large for me). That beer I'm holding is called "El Jefe". As you can see from the white suit our "Daft Punk mascot" is wearing, the person making the logo was clearly a Vice fan.

I've been enjoying the cooler weather Florida gets this time of year and don't want it to end so soon. I was telling my Mom last week how when I was younger while we still lived in NYC I loved wearing tanktops and shorts, but only got to wear them for 2 months outta the year.  Now I love dressing up in suits.......and I only get to wear them 2 months outta the year, lol.

IMG_20220210_1104429142.jpg

What is the specific name for those buttoned t-shirts?

I have been trying to purchase few but can't seem to find any.

Thanks.

Edited by RedDragon86

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

What is the specific name for those buttoned t-shirts?

I have been trying to purchase few but can't seem to find any.

Thanks.

Henley

• Thanks 1

It's been a while since I posted what I where to Sunday church.  Here is my outfit for today.  I am wearing my lavender blazer, silk black pants, striped shirt and a favorite 80's tie.  Church members have come to expect me not to dress "normal". 

image.thumb.jpeg.11d19eff73fdd479de30ce5d3c9b12bc.jpeg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

It's been a while since I posted what I where to Sunday church.  Here is my outfit for today.  I am wearing my lavender blazer, silk black pants, striped shirt and a favorite 80's tie.  Church members have come to expect me not to dress "normal". 

image.thumb.jpeg.11d19eff73fdd479de30ce5d3c9b12bc.jpeg

Well done - super cool outfit.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, been a while since I posted about clothes I'm watching for sale online. This one I've been on the fence about for over 6 months for several reasons: Price (though granted, it is both the jacket and pants), size (It's a 34R, meaning it's meant for skinny guys taller than me, and I'm a 36S), and last but not least, how "loud" it is. Take a look:

https://poshmark.com/listing/White-and-Blue-Linen-Suit-5f8f1aa63cda88f9cf170e58

m_5f8f1b3b8da5c916fc9b0814.jpg

Pants have a drawstring, which tells me the suit is meant for casual wear (as the description says). So I'd imagine the jacket is light, unstructured, and unlined. Looks like it still has shoulder pads though. Description also says it's made of both linen and cotton, but not how much of each. After buying a few things made of linen, I now understand why Don wore clothes made that way, as it's MUCH MORE comfortable to wear in hot weather, lol.

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I owned that blazer at one time.  I thought I would like it, but I didn't once I tried it on.  I felt like I was in a sausage casing wearing it and I just didn't dig the look on me.  It was better on the hanger.  :)  Just my opinion, but I don't think I would ever wear the jacket and pants together.  It's just too much.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey pals, I haven't yet made a decision for or against one of these Alpina shades of this seller, but they are definitely close to the Alpinas that Sonny wore in season 1. Thought I'd share it with you! 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/275489697448?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=uGg0tZlcRX6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=b3ZejQl9Rhm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

On 10/11/2022 at 10:39 AM, IA-SteveB said:

I owned that blazer at one time.  I thought I would like it, but I didn't once I tried it on.  I felt like I was in a sausage casing wearing it and I just didn't dig the look on me.  It was better on the hanger.  :)  Just my opinion, but I don't think I would ever wear the jacket and pants together.  It's just too much.

Thanks Steve. I take your opinions about clothes in higher regard since we're about the same size. You just saved me 100 bucks lol.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:03 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Hi guys, been a while since I posted about clothes I'm watching for sale online. This one I've been on the fence about for over 6 months for several reasons: Price (though granted, it is both the jacket and pants), size (It's a 34R, meaning it's meant for skinny guys taller than me, and I'm a 36S), and last but not least, how "loud" it is. Take a look:

https://poshmark.com/listing/White-and-Blue-Linen-Suit-5f8f1aa63cda88f9cf170e58

m_5f8f1b3b8da5c916fc9b0814.jpg

Pants have a drawstring, which tells me the suit is meant for casual wear (as the description says). So I'd imagine the jacket is light, unstructured, and unlined. Looks like it still has shoulder pads though. Description also says it's made of both linen and cotton, but not how much of each. After buying a few things made of linen, I now understand why Don wore clothes made that way, as it's MUCH MORE comfortable to wear in hot weather, lol.

To me they give off a prison stripes vibe, especially together. :eek:  Houndstooth, glen plaid, herringbone, and various thicknesses of vertical stripes appear flattering, but horizontal stripes, not so much.

7 hours ago, pahonu said:

To me they give off a prison stripes vibe, especially together. :eek:  Houndstooth, glen plaid, herringbone, and various thicknesses of vertical stripes appear flattering, but horizontal stripes, not so much.

I hear ya. The reason I was kinda interested in the pattern on that suit was cuz it's similar to the jacket Don wore in episode 2 that also was white with blue stripes. I agree that "less is more" and will probably end up having a custom jacket made for me like the one Don wore in the season 2 episode "buddies" which was white with gray horizontal stripes (you guys know the one). That pattern isn't as "loud".

• Like 1

Thoughts on this jacket? Sizing is good but it's wool (so it'll be hot and heavy here in Florida lol) and it's got elbow patches (ugh). Sizing and price is good. I LOVE the gray flecked pattern but not sure if this is the exact look I'm going for (the light gray flecked jacket Don wore in a few S2 episodes that had the shawl lapel).

https://poshmark.com/listing/EUC-Progressions-Gray-Navy-Flecked-Wool-Sports-Jacket-Made-in-Hungary-37S-634c904bc9a2286cfd1801d3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thoughts on this jacket? Sizing is good but it's wool (so it'll be hot and heavy here in Florida lol) and it's got elbow patches (ugh). Sizing and price is good. I LOVE the gray flecked pattern but not sure if this is the exact look I'm going for (the light gray flecked jacket Don wore in a few S2 episodes that had the shawl lapel).

https://poshmark.com/listing/EUC-Progressions-Gray-Navy-Flecked-Wool-Sports-Jacket-Made-in-Hungary-37S-634c904bc9a2286cfd1801d3

It looks a bit "University Professor" to be honest

• Like 1

Well guys, I think I've found one of my favorite jackets Don wore on the show. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the color and pattern to the jacket Don wore in S1, E3 "Cool Running". The gray one with white stripes going horizontally across. It's definitely outta my price range though, so I'm putting it out there for anyone else interested. Keep in mind, my search filters are set for a little guy like myself (it's a 36 short).

https://www.grailed.com/listings/32949077-rick-owens-linen-silk-blazer?g_aidx=Listing_by_high_price_production&g_aqid=91c553d3314708ce3a34b3c984d8b758

vhtTtS0TWGX4TuqPFbQb

• Like 3