SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

I always like going with the whole " 'Miami Vice' Tourist" look, and I am looking at some sport jackets at various thrift stores, but I haven't seen any in where the colors pop.

Now, I just HAD to have this Dolphins blanket. First off, judging by the color design/striping I think it was designed in the mid-1980s, right around the time Lieutenant Jones said "Those Dolphins really are something, huh?", but before Crockett asked Trudy if she was still going out with the Dolphins defensive coach (that Dolphins defense in the mid-to late 1980s was NOT really something, however:thumbsdown:, and poor Trudy in 'Smuggler's Blues'; I viewed "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" before ever viewing the episode, so I knew not to trust Wavey Davey:)) in 'Child's play'.

0823211948-00.jpg

0825211136-00.jpg

0825211137-00.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, Dadrian said:

That’s our buddy Arturo, aka @MTVcops

He also sells parts for Daytona replicas. Sometimes even complete Daytonas! @Bigsarg called him “The Daytona Whisperer” :) 

He just might be the most devoted Crockett fan we have here! :thumbsup:

Hello Dadrian and thank you very much for your kind words.

I’ve been cleaning out my closets for the last couple months and listing most of my Vintage  Vice style clothing for sale.
I still have a few jackets, blazers, pants, shoes and sunglasses remaining. Please feel free to follow me on Ebay and if you see something you like DO NOT hesitate to buy because they are selling FAST. Most of my buyers are repeat customers and don’t even risk bidding they just go ahead and hit the Buy It Now

Please keep in mind these items are rare, no longer available and may never come up again, good luck to everyone 

Edited by MTVcops
  • Like 2

Just now, MTVcops said:

LOL, getting buried in it and using my Daytona as a coffin 

There better be a goat in the seat when I open the door! :) 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, Dadrian said:

You’re welcome @MTVcops :thumbsup:

You the Versace suit I want, and you’re never gonna sell it. :) 

Haha I asked @MTVcopsages ago for it too, but he's protecting it with his life. And I understand him very well. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got some new stuff. I've already shown the green jacket but it's definitely gonna be part of my "rotation" when I do this. The striped shirt is American Eagle. The pants I've shown before (I think they're Tommy Hilfiger) but the shoes are new. I asked you guys about them earlier and y'all unanimously agreed that for $5, I should just get them. Problem is, the left one is "loose" and my foot slips out of it when I walk. Any suggestions on how to "re-tighten" it, or whatever? It looks/feels like leather, but I doubt someone would sell authentic leather shoes for only 5 bucks. Must be some "leather-like" material that's way cheaper.

The blue jacket is J. Ferrar and like the green one, it fits me perfectly. I had a good feeling about it since my only true white jacket is also the same brand (and size/fit) and fits me perfectly also. I was only a little disappointed that it's a slightly darker shade of blue than the seller's pictures made it look like. At this point, all I want is a powder/sky blue blazer with wider notch lapels (seems like everything these days are the skinny lapels), and I'm done with blue. I do still want some jackets with horizontal stripes, as well at least one jacket with either a chambray, flecked, or marled pattern. I'm watching at least a dozen online, and just waiting for *hopefully* a price drop on some of them.

The pants are INC International Concepts and have a medium blue chambray pattern. I know the picture makes them look gray but trust me, they're blue. Very lightweight, very comfortable, but as you can see by the cuffs, I gotta take off at least 3 inches (off to the cleaners yet again!!). I'm gonna buy a few more pairs from this brand, but in a smaller size, and a slim fit instead of a regular (I think they made be a bit too wide). Lastly, the t-shirt looks orange/salmon, but it's actually purple.

I have a few more shirts to show, but I'll wait until I get some more new clothes to go along with them, as I don't wanna flood this thread.

IMG_20210901_141502153.jpg

IMG_20210827_003510061.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Victor said:

Not exactly Vicey but I'm getting there

FaceApp_1630275370470.jpg

Very choice though, and smooth regardless; I think the watch is also an outstanding accessory in this snap.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

Got some new stuff. I've already shown the green jacket but it's definitely gonna be part of my "rotation" when I do this. The striped shirt is American Eagle. The pants I've shown before (I think they're Tommy Hilfiger) but the shoes are new. I asked you guys about them earlier and y'all unanimously agreed that for $5, I should just get them. Problem is, the left one is "loose" and my foot slips out of it when I walk. Any suggestions on how to "re-tighten" it, or whatever? It looks/feels like leather, but I doubt someone would sell authentic leather shoes for only 5 bucks. Must be some "leather-like" material that's way cheaper.

The blue jacket is J. Ferrar and like the green one, it fits me perfectly. I had a good feeling about it since my only true white jacket is also the same brand (and size/fit) and fits me perfectly also. I was only a little disappointed that it's a slightly darker shade of blue than the seller's pictures made it look like. At this point, all I want is a powder/sky blue blazer with wider notch lapels (seems like everything these days are the skinny lapels), and I'm done with blue. I do still want some jackets with horizontal stripes, as well at least one jacket with either a chambray, flecked, or marled pattern. I'm watching at least a dozen online, and just waiting for *hopefully* a price drop on some of them.

The pants are INC International Concepts and have a medium blue chambray pattern. I know the picture makes them look gray but trust me, they're blue. Very lightweight, very comfortable, but as you can see by the cuffs, I gotta take off at least 3 inches (off to the cleaners yet again!!). I'm gonna buy a few more pairs from this brand, but in a smaller size, and a slim fit instead of a regular (I think they made be a bit too wide). Lastly, the t-shirt looks orange/salmon, but it's actually purple.

I have a few more shirts to show, but I'll wait until I get some more new clothes to go along with them, as I don't wanna flood this thread.

IMG_20210901_141502153.jpg

IMG_20210827_003510061.jpg

New stuff indeed; I especially dig shirt #1 (that is so very "Crockett", with or without sport jacket), but I feel that both looks are absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

New stuff indeed; I especially dig shirt #1 (that is so very "Crockett", with or without sport jacket), but I feel that both looks are absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for compliment. Truth be told, I actually like crew/scoop neck style tees the least. Especially with the amount of sweating I do lol. But it was a good shade of purple (though not quite pastel) and I figured I gotta have one in purple. Just got a henley in yellow, and eventually I'll get an orange (I'm watching a few v-necks online, but I still really want a henley instead since I've got v-necks for days, literally lol.).

@Victor: That is very nice, especially the watch.

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thanks for compliment. Truth be told, I actually like crew/scoop neck style tees the least. Especially with the amount of sweating I do lol. But it was a good shade of purple (though not quite pastel) and I figured I gotta have one in purple. Just got a henley in yellow, and eventually I'll get an orange (I'm watching a few v-necks online, but I still really want a henley instead since I've got v-necks for days, literally lol.).

@Victor: That is very nice, especially the watch.

I actually like scoop necks better on women, but I have a few because I like the colors (Gradient Purple, Heather Purple, and Azalea especially). I'm okay with them, but not a favorite collar design of mine either.

Was driving home from my parents house very late the other night and passed a dentist's office with some blue neon lights outside. I went home, changed, and drove right back there to snag some pics. Can't say they look exactly as I imagined, but I figured I'd share anyway.

IMG_20210904_015135040(1).jpg

IMG_20210904_015119999.jpg

IMG_20210904_015103749(1).jpg

IMG_20210904_015154355(2).jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, MTVcops said:

The starting price seems good for this great blazer :thumbsup: 

I asked for Season 3's haircut and got out with this nonsense... anyway, I got my first pastel henley today so I tried to make a Crockett's disgusted look as he listens to some criminals bullshit in the interrogation room, in which he never has his Bren Ten as far as I know

Also, I'm looking for white high wasted straight linen pants if anyone has a good recommandation

IMG_20210908_192546.thumb.jpg.323fa17de7402df6cb0e6237712480e1.jpg

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, MichaelAce said:

I asked for Season 3's haircut and got out with this nonsense... anyway, I got my first pastel henley today so I tried to make a Crockett's disgusted look as he listens to some criminals bullshit in the interrogation room, in which he never has his Bren Ten as far as I know

Also, I'm looking for white high wasted straight linen pants if anyone has a good recommandation

IMG_20210908_192546.thumb.jpg.323fa17de7402df6cb0e6237712480e1.jpg

Ah, the haircut isn't so bad, and the clothing (along with the disgusted look) really works for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, got some new threads. Firstly, I got this brown-ish gray jacket that, while I'm disappointed with the color it is compared to what it looked like in the seller's photos, what I LOVE is that it not only fits me perfectly, but being that it's 100% linen, it is one of the most comfortable suit jackets I've ever worn. Gonna be a lot of fun to pair with jeans and sneakers or regular dress shoes. The shirt, which i forgot to show off, is striped in white and various shades of gray. Kinda reminds me of that 80's style. The pants I was on the fence about buying and I'm probably not gonna keep them. The shade of green isn't exactly the kind I want (it's 'mint', btw) ad the picture makes it look a little different. But more importantly, I really don't like this modern style of tapered pants for men that hug your calves like they're actually women's pants lol. Dress pans, slacks and even denim jeans all seem to have this style now and it's ridiculous IMO. I'd say the only positive points these "boohooman" brand pants get is that they won't have to be hemmed.

Now these in the other picture I'm much happier with. The jacket is a dark gray J. Ferrar (my 3rd one from them now and I'm probably gonna get more lol), the shirt if you can tell has kind of a "flecked" pattern to it (as I've said before, I can't find suit jackets with these 80's patterns but there's plenty of t-shirts with them), and the pants are CK in a medium, almost sky blue color. Still trying to get my powder blue threads though.

I've recently found a good tailor that both do a good job, and are much faster than the last 2 places I tried. Pricing is pretty good too. I also bought not 1, not 2, but 3 more suit jackets that I'm on the fence of showing off here. They all have that material that we associate with old men wearing when it comes to suit jackets. My mistake for ignoring my instincts even though I could tell from the pics that they're all in that heavy material meant more for cold weather. Thankfully they were all cheap (2 were a package-deal) and they do fit me nicely. What really drew me towards them were the patterns. They're all kinda close to the stuff Don wore, again, in both the flecked and marled kind of pattern. There's some stripes on some of them but they're very subtle. Not sure if I'll keep them. No love lost.

IMG_20210923_184954848.jpg

IMG_20210923_185546938.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Alright, got some new threads. Firstly, I got this brown-ish gray jacket that, while I'm disappointed with the color it is compared to what it looked like in the seller's photos, what I LOVE is that it not only fits me perfectly, but being that it's 100% linen, it is one of the most comfortable suit jackets I've ever worn. Gonna be a lot of fun to pair with jeans and sneakers or regular dress shoes. The shirt, which i forgot to show off, is striped in white and various shades of gray. Kinda reminds me of that 80's style. The pants I was on the fence about buying and I'm probably not gonna keep them. The shade of green isn't exactly the kind I want (it's 'mint', btw) ad the picture makes it look a little different. But more importantly, I really don't like this modern style of tapered pants for men that hug your calves like they're actually women's pants lol. Dress pans, slacks and even denim jeans all seem to have this style now and it's ridiculous IMO. I'd say the only positive points these "boohooman" brand pants get is that they won't have to be hemmed.

Now these in the other picture I'm much happier with. The jacket is a dark gray J. Ferrar (my 3rd one from them now and I'm probably gonna get more lol), the shirt if you can tell has kind of a "flecked" pattern to it (as I've said before, I can't find suit jackets with these 80's patterns but there's plenty of t-shirts with them), and the pants are CK in a medium, almost sky blue color. Still trying to get my powder blue threads though.

I've recently found a good tailor that both do a good job, and are much faster than the last 2 places I tried. Pricing is pretty good too. I also bought not 1, not 2, but 3 more suit jackets that I'm on the fence of showing off here. They all have that material that we associate with old men wearing when it comes to suit jackets. My mistake for ignoring my instincts even though I could tell from the pics that they're all in that heavy material meant more for cold weather. Thankfully they were all cheap (2 were a package-deal) and they do fit me nicely. What really drew me towards them were the patterns. They're all kinda close to the stuff Don wore, again, in both the flecked and marled kind of pattern. There's some stripes on some of them but they're very subtle. Not sure if I'll keep them. No love lost.

IMG_20210923_184954848.jpg

IMG_20210923_185546938.jpg

Very stylist, I love it; Crockett all the way in every sense as well, a real player.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 1:20 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Crockett all the way in every sense as well, a real player.

Yeah I checked the program.

@TylerDurden389 is definitely is definitely one of the players! :rauchen:

:p

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Here's something else I recently picked up from Poshmark's website. Not exactly something Crockett or Tubbs would wear, but......

IMG_20210927_153526278.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Here's something else I recently picked up from Poshmark's website. Not exactly something Crockett or Tubbs would wear, but......

IMG_20210927_153526278.jpg

Great shirt, and I love that it's DGK, so it has a skateboarding angle. The shirt's design is wearing what Crockett & Tubbs would wear, and I think that's also awesome! Very boss indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dadrian said:

I can’t believe this, but it actually happened:

I went to Walmart today to grab a new bowl for my insane dog (worse than any of Izzy’s uncle’s greyhounds). 

I cut through the middle of the store to avoid the aisles, and this really great shiny light grey jacket was hanging on a rack—out of place, with some athletic jerseys—in my size! I checked for other colors and this was the only one like it in the whole store. 

I’ve always wanted a jacket for this time of year with that Season 3 kind of vibe. I guess this one was just meant for me! Finally, and in the most unexpected place! :) 

It was $19!

AT WALMART!!!  :) :) :) 

I have some dark green-ish and blue-ish henleys, some dark pants, black loafers, and Persol shades. Now all I need is a white Testarossa! :p

(I could also use @Mrich209’s hair, but it’s just not gonna happen :) ). 

I will try to post a pic of a full ensemble ASAP...

BACAE9C6-DC94-4C5B-AA74-40B84E73FB85.jpeg

Very nice pick up. It can be so hard to find this style of jacket in anything other that black or navy blue. Great grab.

On 5/12/2021 at 8:49 AM, Alriar said:

Hey, everyone! I've been working on getting my own Miami Vice inspired style going for a while now, while trying to keep it budget friendly! Let me know what you guys think so far!!! Also, funny story about my sky-blue blazer... I ordered a white Alfani blazer from Macy's for something like $50 and they ended up sending me the wrong size. So for the longest time I just had this medium white blazer and nothing to do with it. I decided to try and dye it so that I had something else to wear. What do you guys think of the quality? 

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

I like the ensemble, great color choices and materials. Rock on brotha.

• Like 2