SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

If any of you are interested, here is the Butterick pattern for a 1980's style unlined blazer.  You can find them on various sites for sale.  I am going to procure the pattern and have one made for me.  I found a seamstress locally who can do it and I told her the look I was going for ... loose fit and easy to roll up the sleeves with no buttons on them.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

Found this on Poshmark yesterday. Not really sure if the colors or the pattern says "Miami Vice", but I figured I'd throw it out there for opinions anyway.

https://poshmark.com/listing/1of1-Blazer-Paint-Splatter-Pink-blue-gray-custom-608a13a1ac97022bb24761c9

m_608a13be2e8e44eef2680e2b.jpg

looks like it caught the aftermath of an icecream truck collision

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another look of that pink/green variation that I love so much. This shirt used to have a collar, but it turned out not to be The Good Collar, so I cut it off (I'm no rogue though; okay, MAYBE I'm a little rogue:hippie:), which I've done with a few collars lately (more of a function-over-form thing, but then again, that's how a lot of fashion happens, especially Vice fashion). The sunglasses I usually have on my head unless I'm working, down for the night or just before I get ready (a way to keep my hair in place without using gel; another function-over-form deal). In this snap I took off the riding gloves, unlike the two previous pics.

0715210107-00.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/13/2021 at 11:33 PM, fakespyder said:

Ice cream? Ice cream!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Ice cream? Ice cream!!!

Also, I think Dr. Dinky should wear that sport coat while driving an ice cream truck, and please, make sure that Tubbs gets his ice cream this time, or he doesn't chase after it (machine gun fire & no ice cream affects Tubbs's ability to perform, AND HE DOESN'T LIKE THAT!).

• Haha 2

Just snagged this off the 'bay for 20 bucks. It's definitely gotta be pressed (and there's a stain on the back that hopefully the cleaners can remove) but It's in my size and I've never really seen anything like it.

Check out this season 3 (or possible season 5) style:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Looks very lightweight too. I got another one that should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to show them off to you guys!! Oh, and btw, in case anyone's wondering, the pattern to look for with these "blotches" of color (whether light color or dark) is referred to as "Flecked". Just an FYI for anyone that likes this style as I do.

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Just snagged this off the 'bay for 20 bucks. It's definitely gotta be pressed (and there's a stain on the back that hopefully the cleaners can remove) but It's in my size and I've never really seen anything like it.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Looks very lightweight too. I got another one that should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to show them off to you guys!! Oh, and btw, in case anyone's wondering, the pattern to look for with these "blotches" of color (whether light color or dark) is referred to as "Flecked". Just an FYI for anyone that likes this style as I do.

Many years ago I had a wool double breasted flecked in a similar shade of grey.  In the 80’s and 90’s I wore it mostly to funerals with black wool trousers.  Today I would forgo the jacket altogether.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, fakespyder said:

It looks like something a mid-level goon would wear during season 2 (or maybe 3)...you know...the guy with the MAC-10 who isn't quite cool enough to handle the money but is expected to watch the product. Or one of those 'inconspicuous' contract killers...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Great find, man! Is it by Touch? Cotler? Definitely has that late 80s Chess King vibe. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Great find, man! Is it by Touch? Cotler? Definitely has that late 80s Chess King vibe. 

“Chess King”… haven’t heard that in a looong time!  :)  I think they were still around when I was in college in the early 90’s but tanked thereafter.

I cannot say this with any level of certainty but it feels like I may have bought the jacket I mentioned above from Chess King or possibly one of my other jackets.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

“Chess King”… haven’t heard that in a looong time!  :)  I think they were still around when I was in college in the early 90’s but tanked thereafter.

I cannot say this with any level of certainty but it feels like I may have bought the jacket I mentioned above from Chess King or possibly one of my other jackets.

I’ll settle it: 

It was Chess King. 

There. 

:) 

• Haha 1

Ok, got one in the mail today and picked up another at the cleaners (had to shorten the jacket and the sleeves. Can't say they did a good job on the sleeves, so I won't make that mistake again). Both pairs of pants are still kinda loose than I'd like them to be but at least I won't step on 'em now, lol. The t-shirt is new also. I got the one I showed yesterday on its way, and today I got a great discount on a powder blue Versace jacket (Seller wanted $75, I knocked 'em down to $42. That's a steal.)

IMG_20210719_174844202(1).jpg

IMG_20210719_174655681(1).jpg

IMG_20210719_173411915(1).jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Ok, got one in the mail today and picked up another at the cleaners (had to shorten the jacket and the sleeves. Can't say they did a good job on the sleeves, so I won't make that mistake again). Both pairs of pants are still kinda loose than I'd like them to be but at least I won't step on 'em now, lol. The t-shirt is new also. I got the one I showed yesterday on its way, and today I got a great discount on a powder blue Versace jacket (Seller wanted $75, I knocked 'em down to $42. That's a steal.)

If you aren’t happy with the tailoring or you have lots of things to be tailored, perhaps you might consider using fusible hem tape.  I’m very tall (6-8) and in my younger, poorer days I would order unhemmed dress pants to make sure they were long enough.  I then used hem tape and an iron to hem them to the proper length.  You have to take your time and check the length carefully but it saved me lots of tailoring fees in my younger years.  Just make sure you get the correct tape based on the fabric weight, and never NEVER let the iron touch the tape.  It’s double sided and will stick right to the iron!  It’s very durable too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

I’m very tall (6-8)

I hereby dub thee the tallest person on the forum! :cheers: :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I hereby dub thee the tallest person on the forum! :cheers: :) 

This is why I’m not really into the fashion side of MV.  I’m also very broad shouldered, wearing a 56 coat.  Nothing fits me!  Or at least I have very few options to choose from.

I pretty much wear guayaberas or club shirts with shorts now.  No hemming necessary. :)  I do have a short sleeve black henley, but that’s as close as I get to the style.

• Like 2

Check out this jacket I scored on eBay!

It says “1986”, but it’s identical to the 1985 Grand Prix jackets from the race on Florence Italy. 

It’s brand new in the original package! 

You can pick one up too if you’re a size small. :) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1986-Lowenbrau-Grand-Prix-Of-Miami-IMSA-BomberJacket-Small-New-/224280445741?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dadrian said:

It says “1986”, but it’s identical to the 1985 Grand Prix jackets from the race on Florence Italy. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1986-Lowenbrau-Grand-Prix-Of-Miami-IMSA-BomberJacket-Small-New-/224280445741?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

That is a REALLY GREAT Find @Dadrian !!! 

Thanks for the heads-up !

:clap:

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

These looks rule! Definitely too good to wear to Fight Club (oops, I mean, er, that clandestine thing in the basement) though, Tyler:dance2:.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, Dadrian said:

Very cool find Dadrian!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

With this shirt, I'm ready to Face the Face!

0718210019-00.jpg

A White sports jacket would go lovely with that shirt :)

Pastel style all the way.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, RedDragon86 said:

A White sports jacket would go lovely with that shirt :)

Pastel style all the way.

I agree, I have to start thinking of some sports jackets; I'll probably aim for a September introduction, which hopefully involves Dr. Voodoo, Dr. Dinky, and Dr. Poe, since the look will be sick!?(

• Like 1