SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

Looking great, Pals!

I just bought my 4th Tasso Elba Island linen Blazer;  Have black, navy, the light sage, and today scored the light grey.   I’m a 48 jacket, 33 waist/6-00, 195 pounds.  The XL fits pretty perfectly.  The sage needed the sleeves shortened, but that’s about it...

These are added to a mottled blue/light grey from J.Crew and a JC Penney Stafford in charcoal grey.  

Also grabbed some linen trousers, a few henleys, and a sweet pair of light grey leather and mesh wingtips.

I’m more of a late Season 5/Season 5 kind of guy right now, but could put together some earlier looks as well.

Need to get some pics posted soon.  Will try soon.

ALSO:  I’ve got 4 other linen blazers I’ve picked up over the last several months that either don’t fit (too small) or are a little too unstructured for me that I would love see end up in in the hands of some fellow fans.

I’ve got one each of the black and navy Taoliyuan single button unstructured Blazers.  Size XXL.   They fit me pretty me well, but are completely unlined and little too unstructured.  The navy one had the sleeves shortened about 3/4 inch, the black one is unaltered.   (Sleeves do push up nicely on these.)

I’ve got a mottled blue/light grey JC Penney Stafford, size 46.   

The real honey is the mottled light grey Robert Graham.   It says size 46, but fits more like a 44.

PM me if interested in any of them.

Here are the pics:

FC4615E4-9EED-40D2-836F-FD10C896F414.thumb.jpeg.43e3b5dc705a2d30611e74b166a6976c.jpeg75659A82-8FEE-40BE-AA26-65E61292A373.thumb.jpeg.b84e10305dc594763b5d60f418e5583f.jpeg

12A1E0E4-9F05-43A5-B2E5-635BF8867EDE.jpeg

87547B18-14D1-4822-8A57-EC19653EFD96.jpeg

50FA15E3-3E4C-48FC-8D10-E7CAA585CA58.jpeg

Edited by Marco Falcone
Pics
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, daytona365 said:

Last week's score:

IMG_6366.thumb.JPG.c2e9a15a15ee6ff293cf2ef8bf167c47.JPG

Wait, they're New Old Stock ?
I thought they were costing about $1000 ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MTVcops said:

Are they model 5022 or 5024 ?

They're 5024, I have a 5022 too but the nose bridge on them is too narrow for me. The 5024 is 2mm‘s wider overall by the way, not just on the nose.

got them off ebay for 269 $, there’s another NOS 5024 pair currently available from the same seller in Germany. People who ask a thousand bucks for this are nuts. I would only pay that much if DJ drives up my alley himself in a McBurnie, dressed in a white linen suit and hands them over to me personally.

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 6/19/2020 at 12:19 AM, daytona365 said:

People who ask a thousand bucks for this are nuts. I would only pay that much if DJ drives up my alley himself in a McBurnie, dressed in a white linen suit and hands them over to me personally.

Got that right

Today was my Season 5-ish look.    

Tasso Elba Island light sage blazer, Amazon Goodthreads Henley, Prana jeans, Nunn Bush shoes.   Shoes are half-laced with some Xpand elastic laces so they are easy slip-on, kick-off.   Tried them without any laces.  Just too loose.   I might try to get the tongue and eyelets stitched together in a way where you can’t see the stitching...  We shall see.

No shoulder rig.   (Have had a few, never really liked them...)  Glock 19 with RMR AIWB under the untucked shirt, along with the spare mag and Surefire light.

Hair way longer than DJ’s ever was...

The glasses are NOS Wayfarer 5024’s, exact same as Daytona365’s, probably from the same seller in Germany.  Got them on Ebay for the same price.   (I still have my black 5024‘s from high school, given to me by my then-girlfriend in 1986!)  5022’s are too narrow for me as well.

Car is my ‘18 Camaro SS convertible.   Black and Tan with silver wheels...  Because, well you all know why.

57085A01-9536-4A5D-AEF9-75B488210DEE.jpeg

Edited by Marco Falcone
  • Like 6

On 6/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, Marco Falcone said:

Today was my Season 5-ish look.    

Tasso Elba Island light sage blazer, Amazon Goodthreads Henley, Prana jeans, Nunn Bush shoes.   Shoes are half-laced with some Xpand elastic laces so they are easy slip-on, kick-off.   Tried them without any laces.  Just too loose.   I might try to get the tongue and eyelets stitched together in a way where you can’t see the stitching...  We shall see.

No shoulder rig.   (Have had a few, never really liked them...)  Glock 19 with RMR AIWB under the untucked shirt, along with the spare mag and Surefire light.

Hair way longer than DJ’s ever was...

The glasses are NOS Wayfarer 5024’s, exact same as Daytona365’s, probably from the same seller in Germany.  Got them on Ebay for the same price.   (I still have my black 5024‘s from high school, given to me by my then-girlfriend in 1986!)  5022’s are too narrow for me as well.

Car is my ‘18 Camaro SS convertible.   Black and Tan with silver wheels...  Because, well you all know why.

57085A01-9536-4A5D-AEF9-75B488210DEE.jpeg

Very smooth look.  Brembo brakes on the SS?

• Like 1

Yes, the optional 6-piston Brembo performance brake package with matching set-up for the rears.   I special-ordered it with the metallic Black and tan interior, and with every performance and comfort/convenience option, including the brake package and OEM ground effects.

I’ve added MRR forged wheels with 285’s up front and 305’s in the back; a ported intake manifold, throttle body and cold air system; a Borla cat-back exhaust that works with the NPP sound-configure exhaust and a controller that will let me run it wide open;  a Range AFM disabler; and a mild tune.   

Sitting around 485-490hp.

I really wanted a fully-loaded 2013 Corvette GrandSport Convertible in black with tan interior.  (Closest to the Daytona, even the round tail-lights!)   But I just couldn’t find one.  Plus I have a 6 year old, so I really need at least a vestigial back seat.

I really wanted to love the new Mustang GT’s. (A Black and Tan convertible Mustang would have checked the Vice and Bullitt boxes!).  But after driving both and looking at the available options, the Camaro was just the better car.  Faster in every direction, much better interior, heads-up display, hard tonneau for top, etc.

I’ve even been thinking about trying to get ZAQ 178 on a CA white plate...

• 4 weeks later...

This been a bummer of a summer so far.  I haven't rocked a MV look yet this year.  I used to have a lot of opportunities, but with limiting my exposure to risk, I haven't been many places.  I was going to try a season 2 look while I was at the lake this past weekend but it was a heat index of 104.  :(  I kept thinking no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there is a cool breeze coming in.  Didn't happen.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

This been a bummer of a summer so far.  I haven't rocked a MV look yet this year.  I used to have a lot of opportunities, but with limiting my exposure to risk, I haven't been many places.  I was going to try a season 2 look while I was at the lake this past weekend but it was a heat index of 104.  :(  I kept thinking no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there is a cool breeze coming in.  Didn't happen.

I feel your pains as I too miss dressing up and actually going places without a mask.  I loved dressing up in my best Tubbs fashion for Sunday church and getting compliments. Really a bad year for us Vice fashion aficionados. 

• Like 2

Thrifty MV style here! I found this collarless white jacket at Good Will. Very lightweight. It kind of reminds me of the jacket he wore at the end of “Freefall”. The shades are hardly a Carrera or Alpine knockoff. They’re just some cheap-os but look kind of cool. The watch is my regular everyday Casio F-91W! I think Sonny wore the calculator Casio in “Golden Triangle Part 1”.

This is just taking elements of Vice and putting it in my own style! I just realized the neckline on my shirt is really high because I put it on backwards. :)

C0E714B3-CF84-43BF-B434-713E3611DF83.jpeg

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Titus said:

@Vicefan7777 Awesome! Are you the pastor? If not, you should at least volunteer to read a Psalm or two in that outfit.

Or all the verses to which MV episode titles allude! :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Titus said:

@Vicefan7777 Awesome! Are you the pastor? If not, you should at least volunteer to read a Psalm or two in that outfit.

I  am not a pastor but I am involved in church volunteer work.  I own a handyman business so I am in crappy clothing on a daily basis that get ruined.  So wearing nice clothing is a great feeling, even it is only one day per week. What is funny is my wife and I were late getting to church.  So when we got there, due to social distancing requirements, we had to sit in the front row.  Everyone saw my outfit. 

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Or all the verses to which MV episode titles allude! :) 

Now that is a great idea. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 12:24 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

So the church I attend finally reopened today, with many restrictions of course.  Being 103 degrees I wore this.

WIN_20200809_12_28_50_Pro.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way but you definitely look like a shady televangelist circa 1988! Give and ye shall receive! $

9 hours ago, Lit Up said:

Don't take this the wrong way but you definitely look like a shady televangelist circa 1988! Give and ye shall receive! $

Thanks for making me laugh!!  Open up your wallets to my collection plate and I guarantee heavenly rewards. 

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

I'm always amazed by all you guys' ability to find fitting blazers!

I'm very short and still a bit stocky, so blazers that are wide enough for me are too long and ones where the length fits are way too small. :')

If university is gonna stay remote for the coming semester, I might have to whip out mum's old sewing machine and make some vice style clothes myself.

• Like 1