SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

On 7/19/2019 at 8:38 AM, mjcmmv said:

Wow, ten bucks! That's a steal!

Closer to $50 when you get done with the shipping and conversion from Pounds to Dollars. Not bad if you have to have original and aren't too worried about condition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Wearing my Vice style on this Sunday to church.  Got a compliment from a 19 year old who loves retro clothing.  She told me she was born in the wrong era. 

IMG_3604.JPG

Nice, very Tubbs-approved! Are those original B&L 5022s?

• Like 2

After several outings in MV attire, I have realized that it is very important to get pants that fit correctly if you are going with the no belt look.  I usually wear linen pants that have an interior drawstring as a backup.  Over the weekend I was wearing a pair of white chinos that were a shade too big and when you have a cell phone and other hefty items in your pockets, it becomes a problem.  I think I may order pants an inch smaller for my MV collection.  :)

I wore the outfit below to a wedding reception and was a bit over dressed.  The shirt is a very light pink and pants are too big.  I got two Miami Vice related compliments and one person insisted that I was Robert Downey Jr.  I couldn't figure that one out, whether it was looks or dress.  It's kind of fun standing out because you know the people who may snicker are the same ones that wish they could pull it off.

I am going to start mixing things up a bit.  Staying in the whites too much.

pink.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 5

Great look! 

On the pant fit comment: may suggest finding a good tailor to raise your hems? A little break in the front is okay, but not all the way around to the back. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, pmconroy said:

Nice, very Tubbs-approved! Are those original B&L 5022s?

Unfortunately no.  These are 25 dollar reproductions.  But I like them. 

A couple of options for the weekend.  I just threw these on quickly so sorry.  First is a very lightweight blue blazer that feels more like an Oxford shirt.  Second is gray with more of a sweatshirt feel.  Very comfortable.  I need to work on pairings but this is just an idea.

20190726_182707.jpg

20190726_183551.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/20/2019 at 7:38 AM, Rattlehead said:

@IA-SteveB @pahonu I actually live in Southern California! I prefer linen jackets for daytime - I have jackets made of synthetic materials I'd like to incorporate into my Vice wardrobe but they're too hot during the day! 

Here's a recreation of an outfit from The Home Invaders. I've been out all day!

20190619_223329.jpg

6694c9a00994ad549447de89ec341f74.png

My take on the same today

48405134471_1b8a384c3a_o.thumb.jpg.9c0b274726ca7635e9adf020fa79df42.jpg

• Like 4

Today was kind of my own thing, on the first one, I'll let ya'll decide what episode it looks like.  :)

But this second one is Golden Triangle Part 1, I love that outfit. But I feel like I ended up looking more like Doogie Howser  :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have come to a smart plan, that during summer May - August. It will be the Season 1-2 look of pastels, but September - November will be the Season 3 look (dark and neon) the dark neon suits the UK during the autumn :)

Yes, that is what I am doing as well.  I recently rounded out my S3 look with a couple of new blazers in gray/navy.  I have been really considering more from the UNIQLO line since their comfort jacket line seems nice enough.  They are a jersey material but I really like the yellow cotton/linen one I posted earlier.  I may give this new line a try and review it in my other thread.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

Yes, that is what I am doing as well.  I recently rounded out my S3 look with a couple of new blazers in gray/navy.  I have been really considering more from the UNIQLO line since their comfort jacket line seems nice enough.  They are a jersey material but I really like the yellow cotton/linen one I posted earlier.  I may give this new line a try and review it in my other thread.

I own that grey comfort jacket from UNIQLO. It's fantastic, definitely one of the best Vice clothes I ever bought. I remember the day I bought it I was on the phone to @James for about an hour :)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

Good to know.  They are definitely priced right for the budget Crockett.

Forgot the episode of Season 3, but with that grey jacket, and the neon green t shirt I bought today, and the navy linen pants I own and black shoes, I'll look like I stepped straight out of a certain Season 3 episode  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Looking good @IA-SteveB!

I haven't posted in here in a while, here's my take on Crockett's outfit from the teaser for The Maze. 

20190821_123134.jpg

Screenshot_20190626-021947_Prime Video.jpg

Very nice. Where do you buy your clothes from pal? It's like you went back in time and stole them xD 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Looking good @IA-SteveB!

I haven't posted in here in a while, here's my take on Crockett's outfit from the teaser for The Maze. 

20190821_123134.jpg

Screenshot_20190626-021947_Prime Video.jpg

Pretty spot on.  Well done.  Do you mind sharing the blazer details?

• Like 1